Borderlands are you still playing?

• 0 results
#1 Posted by scottp (244 posts) -
#2 Posted by yani (413 posts) -

I played through sp on 360 but now I'm playing it all again in coop with a buddy of mine on the ps3.  It's a great game and hope they do sequel, maybe with a half decent plot this time.

#3 Posted by foggel (2763 posts) -

I didn't like it. Waste of money :(

#4 Posted by natetodamax (19212 posts) -

Haven't played the game in a while.

#5 Posted by RaoulDo0k (86 posts) -

My little brother and I just beat it on Memorial Day. We're taking a break from it to beat 50 Cent - Blood on the Sand, but after that we'll do Play Through 2 and the DLC. 

#6 Posted by GIVEMEREPLAY (821 posts) -

No, it sucked. 

#7 Posted by Tally_Pants (594 posts) -

Loved it!! but just dont have time to spend replaying games anymore... growing up sucks!
#8 Posted by FinalDasa (1865 posts) -

Played all the way through it and even all the DLC. But after awhile there isn't anything to be accomplished from it. I've beaten all the bosses, reached the second level cap.  
Only thing I would return to is to finish off the few remaining achievements. 

#9 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@foggel said:
" I didn't like it. Waste of money :( "
I did like it, but the boss fights were ubelievable, and i had no one to play with 
 yup, a waste,
#10 Posted by masterpaperlink (1849 posts) -

I played the crap out of it, theres no need for me to go back

#11 Posted by armaan8014 (5416 posts) -

I am going to play it with my friend in a few days.

#12 Posted by Shadz (199 posts) -

I still play it from time to time.

#13 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -

I bought it for $39 CND when it was released and I love the game. I haven't played it for a while, but add me on XBL if anyone wants to chill and play the game.

GT: ISuperGamerI

#14 Posted by Jason_E_Sigler (123 posts) -

Started on GameFly with a buddy, then picked it up with DLC disc (both content packs) for 37 bucks on Amazon. Looking forward to working our way through, a short first session showed how much fun this hack-n-slash could be.

#15 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

I liked the art style but very little less about it so I dont play anymore.

#16 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

I love it- and I still have loads to do on it- but I'm not playing it. I'm burned out on it.

#17 Edited by Aleryn (704 posts) -

Hell Yeah.  Best Western game of 2009 for me and friends.

What keeps that game alive is the Co Op.  I just REALLY wish Gearbox would create a new, harder difficulty level.

#18 Posted by gla55jAw (2692 posts) -

S ranked that bitch. I'll play again when new DLC comes out.

#19 Posted by AlwaysAngry (2924 posts) -

I don't have it, so no.

#20 Posted by Zero_ (1975 posts) -

I only just got it a few days ago, so hell yeah and absolutely loving it.  

@RaoulDo0k said:

" My little brother and I just beat it on Memorial Day. We're taking a break from it to beat 50 Cent - Blood on the Sand, but after that we'll do Play Through 2 and the DLC.  "
Dude, same here man. I play it with my little bro on split screen and it's the best.
#21 Posted by Darksaw (315 posts) -

I'm waiting for Moxie to get discounted before I go back to the game.

#22 Posted by KamikazeCaterpillar (1179 posts) -

I stopped playing when RDR came out, but I plan to go back and get the three achievements I am missing.

#23 Posted by Mariek430 (409 posts) -

Play it every time they add new DLC for the points and general fun of the game.

#24 Posted by zolloz89 (254 posts) -

i just got it. and im kinda hooked. its stupid fun. i just wish i had the internet capacity to play online.

#25 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -

sadly no, i think i got all four guys up to 50, played thru all the dlc. But since there are other games consuming my time, theres no room for borderlands

#26 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1782 posts) -

I've played it pretty regularly since it came out, but recently I've been taking a break from it. I'm sure I'll go back to it sooner rather than later. I can't stay away from it forever, though. It may just be the most addicting game I've ever played.

#27 Posted by Slax (941 posts) -

I played through it and all the DLC, except for two Mad Moxxi long tourneys (ugh), and it was for the most part a lot of fun... but I kinda got burnt out.

#28 Posted by lead_farmer (1041 posts) -

Trying to help some of my friends get leveled so they can take on crawmerax with me.  Neither of them are done with the first playthrough yet.

#29 Edited by Arbie (1449 posts) -

I love this game but really believe it's best played coop, which is odd for me since I usually like playing solo. I finished it with my bf though and apart from the ending being a little 'wtf' it was an awesome experience. I'm hoping for a sequel, but until then I do still have the DLC to get anyway. 

Oh , and I go back to it from time to time, but haven't in a while. May do later this week though.

#30 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

Sometimes. Need the newest DLC, but I'm waiting until I can find someone to play with.

#31 Posted by tmlim (212 posts) -

Was playing it today.  Have 2 characters at level 61.

#32 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -

After I beat it in April I haven't played very much of it.

#33 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

I still have my friend's copy of the game, but I haven't felt motivated enough to actually finish Playthrough One. The dead slow advancement from around Level 30 just got to me, and I haven't got around to continuing with the game. I probably will eventually jump into the game again and see if I can push through the tedium.

#34 Posted by Brackynews (4090 posts) -

Buddy and me caught the sale on Steam a couple months ago. We're up to level 20 now and he's getting more people into it.
Maybe try out the DLC closer to level 30, if it doesn't go on sale sooner than that.
It's relaxing to not think about achievements for once. ;)

#35 Posted by habster3 (3600 posts) -

I've been preoccupied with other games, recently. However, I picked this game up just a little while ago, have played it until recently, and want to return to it sometime soon. Therefore, yes.

#36 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

Nah i'm done with borderlands now.

#37 Posted by MiamiRedHawks (914 posts) -

I'm not still playing, but I am going to get back into it for the DLC that came out. I have only played through the original game, and part of Dr. Zed's. The person I play it with has been in another state for the past few months, but once they get back I'm sure we will play split screen again.

#38 Posted by Djstyles92 (953 posts) -
@masterpaperlink said:
" I played the crap out of it, theres no need for me to go back "
This, but i'll go back to it sooner or later.
#39 Posted by Defias (170 posts) -

Would be but I lent my game out early on when I was only level 20

#40 Posted by iGeMiNix (38 posts) -

S ranked it, will go back in whenever the new DLC comes.

#41 Posted by Stray (117 posts) -

Played the hell out of it until my Ps3 save corrupted my lv 50 Siren. I had put so much work into that char and done so much weapon farming that it just took the wind out of my sails to play it any more.

#42 Posted by kylekrueger (123 posts) -

i would be playing it if it weren't for then fact that you can't play online with out running into d bags with modded weapons.

#43 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Leveled a Siren and a Hunter to 61, got another hunter on 40 something, a berserker on 30 something, another siren at 28 and two soldiers at 30 something (played with different friends, started anew for em).

Kinda done with it now.

But if they bring out some DLC like Knoxx, I'll be back in a flash!

#44 Posted by ATrevelan (606 posts) -

I'm playing it pretty sporadically on the PC. My friends and I blazed through it when it came out, so now I'm just trying to level the other 3 characters to 50. Haven't installed any DLC yet, and occasionally I'll play co-op online.

#45 Posted by Farley_Lives (278 posts) -

Just bought it, no really, I just did today.

#46 Posted by ComradeKritstov (693 posts) -

Not still playing it but got a good 55 hours out of it with 3 buddies of mine, so money well spent ($33 with 4-pack I believe it was?) for sure. Might go back to it again during the summer to get some pearl weapons.

#47 Posted by DoctorTran (1565 posts) -

No... because I lost all my game saves this sunday.... :: sad face ::

#48 Edited by CharlesAlanRatliff (5439 posts) -

I am finishing up on General Knoxx, and then I am pretty much done. That is, unless I can get a good group for the Mad Moxxi stuff some day.

#49 Posted by DerekDanahy (877 posts) -

I have 2 achievements left. Then I'll put it back on the shelf.

#50 Posted by dudeglove (8003 posts) -

I played far too much of it up until recently. Got distracted by RDR.

Unfortunately Borderlands (online at least) has become awash with hacks/modders, at least on the PS3, that have boosted their character to lvl 70 and have some unbelievable shields that make it impossible to duel (although if you can find one doing Mad Moxxie's larger tournaments, it's pretty awesome, though 20 rounds ends up taking at least an hour).

Also, Crawmerax runs are a little lame. I've found one pearlescent (the SMG), but it's not really that good :(. Besides, as soon as you get your hands on a hellfire smg, an orion sniper rifle and a pestilent defiler revolver - the game's over, and they can all be picked up fairly early in the game from the vending machine if you're lucky (around level 25-ish). And they're all you need to beat crawmerax and his minions.

The Knoxx armory glitch also breaks the game as well, but to be fair - only giving you two minutes is not enough time. But it's still a fun game, and I've still not put my Brick through his paces.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.