Borderlands Chacter Poll

• 183 results
#1 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
#2 Posted by Balaamsafe (140 posts) -

quite interested in what everybody likes the most so i don't play through with a poor class.

#3 Posted by Driadon (2996 posts) -

There should be an any button. I'm going to be honest: seeing as there isn't any real limitation as to what guns you can use as what character, the only one I don't see myself playing as is Brick because, well, I don't fancy meleeing people in a game about 87 bazillion guns.

#4 Edited by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@Driadon said:

" There should be an any button. I'm going to be honest: seeing as there isn't any real limitation as to what guns you can use as what character, the only one I don't see myself playing as is Brick because, well, I don't fancy meleeing people in a game about 87 bazillion guns. "

Which one u gonna pick first smart ass :)

EDIT: Do'h! Spelling mistake in title
#5 Posted by Evilsbane (4578 posts) -

I haven't played the game yet but I will be at 5 o'clock Eastern time! And I will come back and let you know

#6 Posted by Driadon (2996 posts) -
@Jeffsekai: Hahaha, well I guess that's up to who everyone else takes in the group I'm playing with. That or a good old round of "iny-meeny-miny-mo"
#7 Posted by Metroid545 (1823 posts) -

idk yet siren looked interesting since i am thinking of pursueing shotguns so i could get in close fast

#8 Posted by Renahzor (991 posts) -
@Driadon said:
" @Jeffsekai: Hahaha, well I guess that's up to who everyone else takes in the group I'm playing with. That or a good old round of "iny-meeny-miny-mo" "
I prefer inka-bink
#9 Posted by MasterOfPenguins_Zell (2093 posts) -

I think I'm going to start as Roland, then play Lilith then Mordecai and finally Brick.

#10 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

Roland.  I always like playing the soldier in RPGs.

#11 Edited by SpecialBuddy (1110 posts) -

I am thinking of starting out as Brick but judging from the poll so far I might go with Roland. Someone needs to heal and Ill do it if no one else will.

#12 Posted by quirkwood (183 posts) -

I love the idea of Mordecai's bloodwing, I'm going to try and max that thing out going the bloodwing/sniper rout.

#13 Posted by jkz (4008 posts) -

I was thinking Mordecai, since I always play sniper. But I'm liking Roland's turret ability more and more, and the fact that as Mordecai, you'll be a way away from the loot when it drops could hurt a good deal. So probably Roland

#14 Posted by Pie (7073 posts) -

Roland, in a game about guns I dont want to be using melee all the time

#15 Posted by mracoon (4966 posts) -

I was originally leaning towards Roland but I think I'm going to play as Brick now.

#16 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11585 posts) -

I was going to pick the soldier, but then I realized that everyone else would probably also pick the soldier. So instead I am picking Brick.

#17 Posted by Ubiquitous (571 posts) -

I'm not sure what a chacter is but the first character I'm going to play as will be Lilith.

#18 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

I was thinking Siren, but I've been watching this stream of someone play as her and well, her Phasewalk seems pretty meh. So I might roll Hunter instead.

#19 Posted by Yukoei (1878 posts) -

I have been interested in the siren a lot, so i voted for her.

#20 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

just from videos and skill trees and whatnot, atm im split between mardecai and lilith, with roland a close second (or third?), and brick not even an option. but thats me

#21 Posted by Chokobo (1228 posts) -

I'm surprised at how evenly the poll is split.  Was expecting very few Bricks and lots of Rolands

#22 Posted by TheGremp (2064 posts) -

I'm probably going to start with Brick.  Since I'll be playing alone, it'll be easier to make sure I don't curl up and die if I play as him. 

I'll play with Roland the second time since I'll be playing online more.  He seems to work better with a team.

#23 Posted by PowerSerj (987 posts) -

Lilith, she's totally hot.

#24 Posted by JokerClown88 (1051 posts) -

Im using Lilith so far

#25 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

Roland, but when I finish I want to do a Lilith or Mordecai playthrough.

#26 Edited by SenorTinman (18 posts) -
I think I'm gonna go with Siren. I think she matches my playing style well. I like shotguns and stealth, so she works well with that. My second choice would probably be the soldier though.
#27 Posted by Volgin13 (191 posts) -

been using Brick. love using berserk and hearing him  laugh like crazy

#28 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -

Really glad I picked the Support dude hes really fun

#29 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

I love my character 'cause when all the chips are down, it's time to drop your guns and put up your dukes.

#30 Posted by Lolo (40 posts) -

Lilith -- once you obtain elemental mods, Phasewalk absolutely destroys enemies.  And she's smexy.

#31 Posted by AllenV86 (150 posts) -

playing as mordecai :D prolly going to play as Roland for my second character :)

grtz Allen

#32 Posted by Damian (1538 posts) -

I've only played with Mord and Brick so far. I do prefer Mord over all, but melee with Brick is surprisingly fun.

#33 Edited by xyzygy (9935 posts) -

I duelled a Lilith that was 2 levels higher than me tonight (I'm a Hunter). I sent Bloodwing out and he killed her in one hit. She was level 22 I was 20 :P 

I like Mordecai the best because of Bloodwing and the insane stuff you can do to him.

#34 Posted by JokerClown88 (1051 posts) -

I think my second character is going to be Brick.  How awesome is that name???  Brick.  XD

#35 Posted by wfolse1 (455 posts) -

I have a level 11 Hunter that I'm using as part of a 2 man team with a friend of mine and its really fun.  I'm going the sniper route and it's a fairly effective strategy to sort of hang back and take out bandits with my sniper rifle while my friend (soldier) sort of goes in a little further and throws down his turret.  Because i'm playing with a friend, its pretty easy to fairly decide who should get the loot that drops.  i guess it would be a difficult class to play with people that you don't know.  I've also have built up a Brick to level 10 or so and he is surprisingly fun to play as.  The berserk ability is alot more useful and entertaining than I thought it would be, and his extra explosive damage really helps gives the grenades a little extra oomph. 

#36 Posted by nick69 (625 posts) -

First 2 playthroughs will be with Roland, then Liltih, then etc.

#37 Posted by Guillespie (9 posts) -

Played the intro for all four characters yesterday to get a feel for them was surprised to find myself in love with the hunter dude.
#38 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

I haven't played it, but when I do and if I do, I'll go with lilith and then the hunter dude

#39 Posted by MikkaQ (10276 posts) -

Turret + Heals + Great With Shotgun = Endless Devastation 

The soldier is just the best.  

Imagine a 4 person Soldier party, they could all heal each other with cauterize (I have full cauterize, combined with Sledge's shotgun, I heal over 450 HP in one volley), they could have a 360 turret defence for taking on people when surrounded, and since enemies love running at you like nothing else, 4 shotgun experts can't be a bad thing. 

Although the Berzerker with the solder is a fun team I just tried, my friend played a Berzerker and just ran around melee-ing and rocket launching all kindsa shit, absorbing all the aggro while I just went around and picked off the distracted people with a scoped combat rifle. Plus the zerker's got a bajillion health and I can keep him constantly healed. It's such a win team. 

Also the soldier can snipe really competently anyway, so it's just the most balanced class, hence why it's the best for solo stuff.

#40 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

I am going through as the Siren because I like her voice and she's hot.

#41 Posted by Irishjohn (581 posts) -
@Driadon: I actually picked the Brick character purely out of a desire to control a character somewhat similar to Jesse Ventura's character in Predator (though I'm not sure the 87 bazillion guns includes miniguns).  To my surprise, the berserker melee rampage stuff is a lot of fun. 
#42 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

I am a beastly level 9 Siren. Be afraid.

#43 Posted by roofy (1005 posts) -

really surprised the siren is winning so far.

i find the soldiers turret the most useful of any of the specials.

anyone else find the snipers bird useless?

#44 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Huh, I seriously thought the Siren would be the last pick. Either way, I'm playing Siren on solo and Hunter on co-op -- My mate's doing a similar thing, just with different character choice, that way we won't out-level each other.

#45 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Hitchenson: How does online work? Do I have to create a new character if I join somebodies game, or is my solo character ok to use? I assume quest's don't transfer. I am a bit worried to join a game at this point....I really don't want to have to do missions multiple times.
#46 Posted by Psyx2 (396 posts) -

Lilith because I like the stealth class in RPG's... well, there doesn't seem to be much stealth in Borderlands, but it's close enough.

#47 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @Hitchenson: How does online work? Do I have to create a new character if I join somebodies game, or is my solo character ok to use? I assume quest's don't transfer. I am a bit worried to join a game at this point....I really don't want to have to do missions multiple times. "
Your character is linked between all modes. So you'll keep all EXP, weapons etc. if you get them in co-op or if you get them in single-player. Honestly, I don't know about quests, we made solo/co-op characters so we would always be at the same point and when the other person was not online we could just go on our solo characters. 
#48 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Hitchenson: Cool, thank you.
#49 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i picked brick, the berserker. i'm currently level 6, about to get to level 7.

#50 Posted by buzz_clik (6953 posts) -

I went with the Soldier, because Jeff said if I didn't he'd rip off my face and force me to eat it (I'm paraphrasing).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.