Borderlands is fun

#1 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -

This game get's it right, it's just plain fun, so far of what I've played it's has been a ton of fun, and does the rpg first person shooter thing right

#2 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -

yes i agree

#3 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -

Woah, late to the party :P 

I have to agree, it's pretty fun. At first however I wasn't one for it. But eventually it grows on you. Come to think of it, I've not finished it and know I'm so close to the ending.

#4 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@Synthballs: yeah i know, im playing it on PC and I typically just get older games
#5 Posted by buzz_clik (6975 posts) -

My personal GOTY for 2009. Loved it to bits and lost sooo much sleep to it.

#6 Posted by demonbear (1859 posts) -

Its a great game, but man what a shitty ending. I mean seriously, Storywise, the rewards, the boss fight. Allllll shitty.  The rest is great though.

#7 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@demonbear: a bad ending isn't that detrimental to me
#8 Posted by demonbear (1859 posts) -
@sagesebas said:
" @demonbear: a bad ending isn't that detrimental to me "
I'm not saying its a big deal, but seriously, what a let down.
#9 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

Borderlands is a great game. I have all the guns in it. Probably.

#10 Posted by Savv (75 posts) -

That is it

#11 Posted by Arbie (1449 posts) -

Yay! It's awesome! =D My friend just got an Xbox and we're waiting on his copy of Borderlands to be delivered then it's going to be fun times!  I find the game much more entertaining coop tbh!

#12 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

Boring obvious and old news thread spam.
#13 Posted by animateria (3253 posts) -

Late to the party...

But hey the party isn't over... ever.

#14 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@Erzs: I'm playing it on pc, solo for awhile, it's great, I'll be interested to hear if the 360 version is any different
#15 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@xaLieNxGrEyx: somebody is a bit angry, also by posting in this you are raising the view and post count effectively pushing it up further so more people can view it. You're defeating your own purpose bub
#16 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

I'm aware of the situation.
#17 Posted by Butano (1738 posts) -

It's a fantastic game. I've got it for PC and love it, however, it's waaaayyy better with friends. Got all the DLC from the Steam sale awhile back, though I haven't had time to run through it. Need to do that sometime soon.

#18 Posted by DoctorOptimist (502 posts) -

Yup, it's a very good first-person shooter/role-playing hybrid that gets the FPS elements right this time. The combat is brutal, fast, and tactical depending on the weapon modifications you make. I will say that the RPG character development is rather pathetic, it was such a missed opportunity by Gearbox. Still, it's one of the better shooters of this gen.

#19 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

It is fun. I just soloed Cramerax for the first time with my favorite revolver.

#20 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@Axxol: I've heard he is way tough
#21 Posted by hexx462 (506 posts) -

It is a crapload of fun, now if only my friends hadn't quit playing co-op it'd be even more fun.

#22 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -
@sagesebas said:
" @Axxol: I've heard he is way tough "
He tried to eat my monies.
#23 Posted by FlamingHobo (4483 posts) -

Yeah, it's a great game. I just felt that a lot of the potential for a great story was lost underneath the samey missions you are given.

#24 Posted by Glak (613 posts) -

Hell yea it was, just a bunch of pure fun and entertainment and charm
Although it did have its share of problems, it was probably my favorite game of 2009

#25 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@Glak: No game is without problems, I can't really think of one
#26 Posted by blacklab (1557 posts) -

great game, tons of fun, perfect sense of humor. can't wait for the new dlc.

#27 Posted by ry0wn (171 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
" Borderlands is a great game. I have all the guns in it. Probably. "
I see what you did there.
#28 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

Yes, this is true.

#29 Posted by Glak (613 posts) -
@sagesebas said:
" @Glak: No game is without problems, I can't really think of one "
True, but this one had one of the saddest problems of all
It deleted mah Roland's equipment! I HAD A PERFECT SUPPORT GUNNER CLASS MOD!
WHY! :( 
But yea, I really liked the game, like i said, GOTY 2009 for me
#30 Posted by StrainedEyes (1324 posts) -

After months of fun-work, I just got to 61 with Roland. Borderlands is a lot of fun and definitely one of the best games this gen.

#31 Posted by Lost_In_Gaming (210 posts) -

Yeah, Borderlands was probably my favorite game of 2009, but it didn't last past getting my main character (Roland) to level 50. Yes, I could have kept playing to beat the second playthrough, fully, but why? What would the point be? There's no achievement for that and there is no point in finding better weapons for a game I won't play. Maybe if they had some really competitive multiplayer (2v2, 3v3, etc) I would care what weapons my character had and such, but there was no pay-off to playing after level capping. 

Plus, the "economy" was broken. I maxed out my money so early that I can't really remember having less than $999,999. The only thing I used my money on was grenades because ammo is everywhere and as a soldier I regenerate ammo. 

I did play all of the DLC, which was also fun. Zombie Island was a great addition to get me back into a game I loved, but very short. Moxxi's Underdome Riot sounded a lot better than it worked out to be (spoiler alert: it's tedious). The Secret Armory of General Knoxx was the most expansive and content-rich DLC for the game and I loved it. However, I knock it only for the fact that they completely removed the fast-travel system that I used so heavily in the rest of the game. The humor and dialog was spot-on, as usual, and the increased level cap was fun to work towards. In the end, though, all of this DLC suffered the same fate that the main game did: it's short. You'll finish it wanting much, much more. If they can continue the life of the game extensively, whether it's through multiplayer or whatever then I will fall in love with Borderlands all over again.

#32 Posted by Voshterkoff (125 posts) -

Besides the time when my lung collapsed while playing it, Borderlands is awesome.

#33 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I thought it was alright.

#34 Posted by Turbo_Toaster (965 posts) -
@buzz_clik said:
" My personal GOTY for 2009. Loved it to bits and lost sooo much sleep to it. "
THIS.
#35 Posted by Jaqen_HGhar (898 posts) -

Yeah, I love Borderlands. Bought it during the Steam Summer Peril Sale. Will probably have to get the new DLC when it comes out. Should also see if I can try the co-op someday. Beat it once alone, got a 2nd Play-through started for when I just want to snipe some fools with my corroding Sniper Rifle :D

#36 Posted by Bouke (1402 posts) -

It is fun! I just finished it for the first time last night and i had a great time. I probably play through Halo Reach first and then come back to Borderlands for the DLC and to get the platinum trophy.
#37 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

I love Borderlands. I had so much fun with it. Played a lot of it by myself, and a bit with my roommates from last year. I had a great time with it.

#38 Posted by laussica (181 posts) -

its addictive like i would get sick of it after a couple of hours then i would go to work and b like fuck i need to play some more when i get home,kinda the some way i feel about recettear right now

#39 Posted by FritzDude (2263 posts) -

What i like about games are support. Borderlands get DLC's and also patches with bug fixes, balance tweaks, level caps and more. I can't say the same for Dragon age. They just keep on coming with the DLC's, but not the patches. It is games like Borderlands that makes me more hyped on a DLC instead of an actually full game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.