Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Borderlands patches for 360 and PS3 scheduled for 10/30

MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By MiamiRedHawks

Apparently Gearbox is releasing a patch tomorrow for some of the bugs in Borderlands. Unfortunately, the corrupt save and lost skill point issues aren't being addressed in this update. Gearbox says they are investigating solutions to the skill point and corrupt save problems, and will release fixes as they are discovered. Check below for a list of 360 and PS3 fixes in tomorrows update.  A shout out goes to ennui on the Gearbox forums for keeping gamers in the loop.

An update for the 360 version of Borderlands will be deployed tomorrow, 10/30, at 2am CST. This update will include fixes for issues that some 360 users have been experiencing.

Many issues have been addressed here, but we are continuing work on support updates for all platforms, and will deploy fixes for every version as soon as possible and continue to support all platforms. If you are experiencing an issue that has not been addressed, please post on our technical support forums and let us know!

Update notes:
    • Fixed a bug which caused players and other things in the world to appear incorrectly on clients in networked games
    • fixed a bug in which players gibbed in arena combat disappeared
    • fixed a bug which caused the dollars counter to spin continuously
    • fixed a bug that caused the digger elevator to be unusable after completing the Find Tannis mission
    • Weapon mapping to the D-pad should no longer reverse left and right
    • various localization and other text and tooltip corrections
    • The introductory quests with CL4P-TP should now always progress properly all the time
    • Lilith's Phase Strike ability now works as intended
    • Load times have been improved

An update for PS3 version of Borderlands will be deployed tomorrow, 10/30, at 11am CST. This update will include fixes for issues that some PS3 users have been experiencing.

Many issues have been addressed here, but we are continuing work on support updates for all platforms, and will deploy fixes for every version as soon as possible and continue to support all platforms. If you are experiencing an issue that has not been addressed, please post on our technical support forums and let us know!

Update notes:
    • The introductory quests with CL4P-TP should now always progress properly
    • fixed a bug that caused the digger elevator to be unusable after completing the Find Tannis mission
    • fixed a crash when ejecting the disc during the autosave warning splash screen
    • Players in a lobby should no longer experience long loading when starting a game after one player leaves
    • A bug which caused players and other things in the world to appear incorrectly on clients in networked games has been fixed
    • Changed how space required for saves is calculated
    MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MiamiRedHawks

Apparently Gearbox is releasing a patch tomorrow for some of the bugs in Borderlands. Unfortunately, the corrupt save and lost skill point issues aren't being addressed in this update. Gearbox says they are investigating solutions to the skill point and corrupt save problems, and will release fixes as they are discovered. Check below for a list of 360 and PS3 fixes in tomorrows update.  A shout out goes to ennui on the Gearbox forums for keeping gamers in the loop.

An update for the 360 version of Borderlands will be deployed tomorrow, 10/30, at 2am CST. This update will include fixes for issues that some 360 users have been experiencing.

Update notes:
    • Fixed a bug which caused players and other things in the world to appear incorrectly on clients in networked games
    • The introductory quests with CL4P-TP should now always progress properly all the time

An update for PS3 version of Borderlands will be deployed tomorrow, 10/30, at 11am CST. This update will include fixes for issues that some PS3 users have been experiencing.

Update notes:
    • The introductory quests with CL4P-TP should now always progress properly
    • fixed a crash when ejecting the disc during the autosave warning splash screen
    • Players in a lobby should no longer experience long loading when starting a game after one player leaves
    • A bug which caused players and other things in the world to appear incorrectly on clients in networked games has been fixed
    • Changed how space required for saves is calculated
    MetalR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MetalR

Load times, hell yeah!

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By jimbo_n

Yea Lilith and load time fixes. Will be nice to play a non gimped character.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Karmum

Sounds good and all, but I'm still waiting for the achievement patch.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xyzygy
    @Karmum said:
    " Sounds good and all, but I'm still waiting for the achievement patch. "
    Is there something wrong with your achievements?
    Sidekick-Trio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Sidekick-Trio
    @xyzygy said:
    " @Karmum said:
    Is there something wrong with your achievements? "
    It's a known issue. Mostly with the elemental kills achievements I think. The 1.21 gigawatts achievement didn't unlock for me and I had to get it with another character.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xyzygy
    @Ferros said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    " @Karmum said:
    Is there something wrong with your achievements? "
    It's a known issue. Mostly with the elemental kills achievements I think. The 1.21 gigawatts achievement didn't unlock for me and I had to get it with another character. "
    Ah, I didn't know about this. Mine went along smoothly... it's so weird how these things can happen to one person but not the next...
    MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By MjHealy

Thank Christ for the quicker loads, the wait from jumping in and out of co-op was killing me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Yep I'm glad for the quicker loads on the PS3 version, it was getting a little annoying.

raddevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By raddevon

There are lots of bugs surfacing in this game. I really love the way Gearbox is dealing with them, though. They are being very forthright and open in acknowledging the bugs. When I first saw the forum thread on the Gearbox forums with the master list of bugs, my reaction was that it was inexcusable. Then I realized every game could have a bug list like this, but Gearbox is making theirs public and not trying to silence it. It also rocks that they are fixing them so quickly. I figured this fix would take something like a month to get out. Bravo, Gearbox!

ZettaSlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ZettaSlow

Is the Phase Strike still broken on PC and all these bugs still present there also? Why are they only releasing console patches?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xyzygy

I've been playing for about an hour on the 360 version and since the update the load times are insanely fast. The 360 load times weren't bad to begin with, but sometimes I can't even get through reading the text that appears in the loading screen before it ends. Wow, Gearbox. I haven't really noticed anything else different though, but I haven't been experiencing bugs with this game in the first place, so...

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Evilsbane

" Weapon mapping to the D-pad should no longer reverse left and right "

Oh my god I wasn't going crazy!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @ZettaSlow said:

" Is the Phase Strike still broken on PC and all these bugs still present there also? Why are they only releasing console patches? "

What exactly is the Phase Strike bug?
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xyzygy
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @ZettaSlow said:

" Is the Phase Strike still broken on PC and all these bugs still present there also? Why are they only releasing console patches? "

What exactly is the Phase Strike bug? "
    Lilith's Phase Strike skill says that it does 800% melee damage while in Phasewalk but it doesn't do nearly that much.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jkz
    @raddevon said:
    " There are lots of bugs surfacing in this game. I really love the way Gearbox is dealing with them, though. They are being very forthright and open in acknowledging the bugs. When I first saw the forum thread on the Gearbox forums with the master list of bugs, my reaction was that it was inexcusable. Then I realized every game could have a bug list like this, but Gearbox is making theirs public and not trying to silence it. It also rocks that they are fixing them so quickly. I figured this fix would take something like a month to get out. Bravo, Gearbox! "
    Indeed. I've always loved the way they deal with the community and how, comparatively, you get much less PR bullshit from them than you do from other companies.
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By JoelTGM

Good to see they are patching it already.  Hopefully they will be able to fix PC online, because coop is really hard to get working.  I had to open a lot of ports to be able to host, and because the people I play with can't host and were lower level than me, it would have been useless for them to join my game because they wouldn't get any quests done.  So instead we all just started from level 1 on new characters, and we use those characters whenever we play coop.  I don't know if it's possible for them to fix it though.

DukeTogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By DukeTogo

Patch in a fucking storage locker.

squirtle_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By squirtle_squad

i still cant connect to any online game i cant even click on the online game option in the main menu without it signing me out of psn. i really want to try the co-op.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By jakob187

YAY!  BORDERLANDS FIXES!!! 

YAY!  LOWER LOAD TIMES!!! 

YAY!  I S-RANKED THIS BITCH!!!

MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MiamiRedHawks
    @ZettaSlow: They are fixing the phase strike on PC as well.
    AllenV86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AllenV86

did anyone else notice a few new achievements ?? ( or did i just not notice them the previous time i looked at the achievements )  for the DLC cause one of them was called Braaaaaaaaaaaains :) and something with Jakobs in it ( because you get to go to the Jakobs factory in the DLC ) 

i noticed it when i was taking a look at my achievements today on PS3

edit:
    Braaaaaaaaaaaaains! ( complete "Braaaaaaaaaaaaains" mission )
    Jakobs Fodder ( complete "Jakobs Fodder mission )
    House of the Ned ( complete "House of the Ned" mission )
    these and 2 secret ones are new to me

grtz Allen

DrLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DrLove
    @AllenV86 said:
    " did anyone else notice a few new achievements ?? ( or did i just not notice them the previous time i looked at the achievements )  for the DLC cause one of them was called Braaaaaaaaaaaains :) and something with Jakobs in it ( because you get to go to the Jakobs factory in the DLC )   i noticed it when i was taking a look at my achievements today on PS3  edit: Braaaaaaaaaaaaains! ( complete "Braaaaaaaaaaaaains" mission ) Jakobs Fodder ( complete "Jakobs Fodder mission ) House of the Ned ( complete "House of the Ned" mission ) these and 2 secret ones are new to me grtz Allen "
    i think those are DLC achievements
    Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Expletive

What was wrong with Lilith?

Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
    lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
    @DukeTogo said:
    " Patch in a fucking storage locker. "
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By Ineedaname
    @Evilsbane said:
    " " Weapon mapping to the D-pad should no longer reverse left and right " Oh my god I wasn't going crazy! "
    Yeah that one got me a few times.

However I've not really noticed any change in load times, but then again I was never counting.
    XratedZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By XratedZ

Another corrupted save file victim here. Level 21 Soldier just poofed and disappeared. Talk about a real downer. Just chucked the fucking disc across the room and popped in Fallout 3. I don't have the desire to re-do all the damn missions up to this point. Thanks GearBox for releasing a game with what I consider a MAJOR PROBLEM! and many Mahalos for fixing the the problems listed above.....I guess those bugs are considered more important than the corrupt save file....... You got my money though so no sweat off your back right? I'm so pissed!!!!!!

DON'T BUY THIS GAME! unless you like losing hours of gaming and having to start over.

squirtle_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By squirtle_squad
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By jakob187

Okay, so...umm...maybe it's just me, but the load times don't feel any smaller at all.

AllenV86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AllenV86
    @jakob187: i feel the same way, load times don't seem any faster to me

Allen :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.