Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Borderlands Screwed Me Outa My Final Achievement... and a Warning

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Luke

Guys, it may be that the newest DLC messes-up Mad Moxxi's Underdome DLC.  

The game hit this stupid bug, which basically made me not get my final Achievement... that I'd be probably be getting any minute now if it weren't for this happening.  

Ah, well.  I made a video if anyone wants to check-it-out and just have a heads-up.  If this happens to anyone else, maybe we should let Gearbox know about it?   

I guess I'll try again tomorrow... I so hate this stupid Moxxi DLC. 
    Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Coombs

Don't use cheap cheats?
    Split screen lol

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By lead_farmer

Stop wasting time.  Crawmerax must die!

JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By JoeyIA

Is your 2nd controller on?  I've tried split-screen-cheating before and sometimes the 2nd controller will go inactive after 10 min giving me the 'reconnect controller' message or making the game freeze. 
    Otherwise yeah that sucks, looks like you just hit a bug.  It must not be a big one b/c this is the 1st I've seen/heard of it.
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Luke
    @Coombs:  Dude, I have to at this point.  I did one of these legit, but I've also done some where I'm at like Round 14, with some other Players online, and then the Host drops or some shit... and then I have to start all the way over. 

This is basically like the 3rd time of me trying to finish the Hell-Burbia Tournament.  Gearbox just designed this whole DLC so poorly, it's pretty rediculous.  

The split-screen exploit is like the only freaking thing I can tolerate at this point... but actually, now I don't know.  I just want to get my S-Rank back so bad in this game (for like the 3rd time, by the way).  

Even Jeff Gerstmann admitted to resorting to this cheat in the Bombcast.  If it's gewd enough for him, than it''s gewd enough for me. 
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By frankxiv

did you try before and not have this happen? seems weird that one would cause the other.

i have my own share of moxxi problems, and it's been going on before knoxx was even announced :(

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By frankxiv

actually maybe you could help me out.

basically i took the quest for mad moxxi, prove yourself, and i completed it online with a friend. but when i go back to the bounty board after turning it in, it's red like there's no more missions

but the 20 round tournaments opened up in that little back area. is there just not a mission for those tournaments or am i totally fucked?

i've done all 3 of the original 5 round arenas again, without the mission, on my own in single player, hoping that would fix the problem, but nothing happens.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Luke
    @JoeyIA:  Oh, they're both on... believe me.  Watch the video again.  Both controllers are on and controlling the Up/Down/Y Button just fine.   

@onimonkii:  Yes, I have tried before and have never seen this happen, pre the Knoxx DLC.  I'm not 100% sure if they're related or anything, just saying. 
    Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Coombs
    @Luke: 
    lol
    I'll admit I have been tempted to use the two controller trick for my final Tekken 6 Achievement,   NANCY is a bitch......
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Luke
    @onimonkii said:
    " actually maybe you could help me out.  basically i took the quest for mad moxxi, prove yourself, and i completed it online with a friend. but when i go back to the bounty board after turning it in, it's red like there's no more missions  but the 20 round tournaments opened up in that little back area. is there just not a mission for those tournaments or an i totally fucked?  i've done all 3 of the original 5 round arenas again, without the mission, on my own in single player, hoping that would fix the problem, but nothing happens. "
    Damn, dude... that sounds like a way worse bug than mine.  At least with me, I can restart it over again and I only lost like 1.5 - 2 hours of work.  

But anyway, all is not completely lost for you, I believe.  What you can do is start a new character and get them to the first Fast Travel Station, then go to Moxxi's Underdome and then exit/save.  Then make a new split-screen game with that new character hosting and then join it on Player 2 with your regular character. 

The new character can do all the Starter Tournaments again and should open the back up, then help you take-on the Big Tournaments too.  Hope that works! 
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By frankxiv
    @Luke said:
    " @onimonkii said:
    " actually maybe you could help me out.  basically i took the quest for mad moxxi, prove yourself, and i completed it online with a friend. but when i go back to the bounty board after turning it in, it's red like there's no more missions  but the 20 round tournaments opened up in that little back area. is there just not a mission for those tournaments or an i totally fucked?  i've done all 3 of the original 5 round arenas again, without the mission, on my own in single player, hoping that would fix the problem, but nothing happens. "
    Damn, dude... that sounds like a way worse bug than mine.  At least with me, I can restart it over again and I only lost like 1.5 - 2 hours of work.    But anyway, all is not completely lost for you, I believe.  What you can do is start a new character and get them to the first Fast Travel Station, then go to Moxxi's Underdome and then exit/save.  Then make a new split-screen game with that new character hosting and then join it on Player 2 with your regular character.   The new character can do all the Starter Tournaments again and should open the back up, then help you take-on the Big Tournaments too.  Hope that works!  "
    thanks for the advice, maybe i could convince a friend to help me out. i'm on pc, no split screen :(
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By frankxiv

just as an update, i joined a random dude in a game online who was doing moxxi, he had done the first 2 arenas but was in the gully when i joined, 5 rounds

when we finished, all 3 arenas checked off for me, and i could turn in the quest. it gave me another skill point, but still didn't unlock the 20 round quest

now that i have the extra skill point? kinda don't mind. haha

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.