Boss Look-A-Like

#1 Posted by iHaxedAllReconCodez (135 posts) -

It looks like to me that the Boss at the end, Vault Monster, looks A LOT like the monster at the end of Watchmen. When I say the end of Watchmen i mean the graphic novel not the movie. It's kinda errie how close alike they look

#2 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

The monster at the end of Borderlands looks like a giant vagina dentata... 

...aka a giant pussy... 

...aka what most bosses at the end of games are nowadays.

#3 Posted by DrRandle (1202 posts) -

Really? because here I thought it looked like a giant squid monster. What kind of vagina's are you toying with? Here's a hint: they shouldn't have giant tentacles bursting from them.

#4 Posted by ZettaSlow (148 posts) -
@DrRandle said:
" Really? because here I thought it looked like a giant squid monster. What kind of vagina's are you toying with? Here's a hint: they shouldn't have giant tentacles bursting from them. "
Wait wait wait wait wait, really? All this time I thought...

But yeah it totally looks like the alien squid from watchmen. I wonder if that was intended, what with all the other references in the game?
#5 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4884 posts) -

I only played to level 22, anyone wanna throw up a picture?

#6 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

damn spoilers.  oh well.  can't beat the game anyway because the coop stopped working now and it crashes my PC after that update. 

#7 Edited by End_Boss (3220 posts) -
@DOUBLESHOCK said:

" damn spoilers.  oh well.  can't beat the game anyway because the coop stopped working now and it crashes my PC after that update.  "

For future reference, assume that any thread about a specific game contains spoilers unless it specifically states otherwise. It's safer that way.

Also, only 12-year-old ninnyhammers think the final boss in Borderlands looks like the female reproductive organ. Find better things to do with your time.
#8 Posted by jango (38 posts) -

I saw my ex the other day .. haven't seen her in about 6 years .. she looks like skagzilla .. does that count?

#9 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -
@End_Boss said:
" @DOUBLESHOCK said:

" damn spoilers.  oh well.  can't beat the game anyway because the coop stopped working now and it crashes my PC after that update.  "

For future reference, assume that any thread about a specific game contains spoilers unless it specifically states otherwise. It's safer that way.  Also, only 12-year-old ninnyhammers think the final boss in Borderlands looks like the female reproductive organ. Find better things to do with your time. "
Um...no they don't.  It seriously looks like a giant vagina dentata with tentacles...and it's supposed to be a giant pussy!  Trying to say that isn't allegory is just plain denial!
#10 Posted by LordKorax (278 posts) -

I thought the final boss looked a lot like the final boss of an earlier Gearbox game...

#11 Posted by jkz (4003 posts) -

It's a giant alien-squid-monster; not exactly creative, but it has become such a trope at this point that calling it an imitation is pointless.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.