Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Cannot wait for Borderlands

Eli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Eli

I'm looking really forward to Borderlands so I'm wondering...is there a game similar to this that's worth checking out to kill the wait?

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Oriental_Jams

It does look pretty damn good. For a similar art style (cel-shadyness) go for Crackdown, otherwise it'd be the other RPG with guns Fallout 3 (very good in my opinion, but only similar at a stretch).

Eli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Eli

Yeah. I'm also intrigued by the insane amount of stuff in the game, too.

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By dietmango

Lots of guns. Now that's fun. I can't wait to play Borderlands.
    mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By mracoon

I've been gradually getting more excited as it gets closer to the release date. The games looks very promising so I hope it doesn't turn out to be a big disappointment.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Griddler

It looks pretty cool, I haven't seen enough to warrant a buy yet though.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I don't see how everyone is so impressed by Borderlands.

If they hadn't changed the art style no one would give two flying whoops about this game.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By shadows_kill
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " I don't see how everyone is so impressed by Borderlands.  If they hadn't changed the art style no one would give two flying whoops about this game. "
    except for me :P i have been waiting for the game since it was shown on gameinformer. 

Anyways i really cant wait for this game either but i think a game like it would be fallout 3 maybe
    mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mikeeegeee

If it plays well, if the shooting mechanics are solid, if every system in the game works as it should, then it will be a great experience. The same can be said for nearly any shooter, but the more you pile into a game, the more chance you have for stuff to go haywire and dampen the experience. To create a truly polished, easily playable experience is a tall order, one which I'm hoping they've fulfilled. And judging from the tape we've all seen, it's looking good.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By LiquidPrince

Wasn't until the new art direction that I started becoming interested.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By shadows_kill

also it has a awesome boxart 

No Caption Provided
    Eli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Eli
    @shadows_kill said:
    " also it has a awesome boxart 

No Caption Provided
    "
    That it does...
    Avatar image for deactivated-135098
    deactivated-135098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@TheMustacheHero: Actually, it's the gameplay itself that attracted me and many others in the first place. The console doesn't have enough quality games in the RPG vein (I say that because, well, it's more of an action game than a full-fledged RPG) and Borderlands looks to be promising in that respect. 

In fact, I'm not crazy about the art style. Cel-shaded graphics are past its time.
    fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By fr0br0

Hellgate London. That way once you get Borderlands, you can truly appreciate a good action RPG.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Shadow

Both Too Human and Sacred 2 have insane amounts of stuff in the game.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By hatking

I've been pretty amped about it ever since Jeff started talking about how cool it was a year ago.  I remember hearing the idea of all those weapons and thinking how cool that was, plus it had a strong Fallout/Mad Max feel to it, which I love in video games.  Then they changed the art style which gave it more of its own personality, then I was even more excited.  Then they released that really cool trailer and now I'm somehow even more excited to play this.  I am a little skeptical of the shooting, but the guys at GiantBomb seem to think it works fine so I'm hoping it is good.  Also I'm a pretty big fan of custom characters so that is kind of dissappointing...providing that doesn't make it in there.
    happyfatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By happyfatman
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    "I don't see how everyone is so impressed by Borderlands.  If they hadn't changed the art style no one would give two flying whoops about this game. "

You're probably right.  I've gone and looked at the screenshots from when it had a "realistic" art style and in that state it looked just like any other game.  It's the distincitve art style that immediately grabs people's attention.  But once the "concept art" visuals pull you in, you begin to see that it's more than just great graphics.  People are impressed with this game because it takes the exploration of Fallout 3, the teamwork of Left 4 Dead, the looting of almost every great RPG, and randomly generated environments and weapons (of which there are said to be over 3 million).  These are the things that are impressing people about Borderlands, not just the graphics; although they are absolutely glorious in my opinion.
    Defias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Defias

Yeah I'm excited but as of late most games that I get excited about end up not meeting my expectations. I think I build it up to much in my head creating unreasonable standards. So now if I'm interested in a game I kind of avoid looking it up more until a review comes out. Then I won't have a wall of standards preventing me from enjoying it.

Philip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By Philip

This is a game I am looking forward to, not sure how it compares to Rage, hey both have similar enviornments at a quick glance. Still this is a game I am excited about.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Emilio

I would think this is a mix between Crackdown and Too Human.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.