Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Cramerax Run, LETS FUCKING DO THIS GIANTBOMB

Chuggsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Chuggsy

Alright guys, if you're level 61 or close, and want to take on Cramerax, reply here, then add me. I'll be playing for the next hour or longer. 

Gamertag: Chuggsy

I'm a soldier. Another soldier with healing bullets, a siren, and Brick with long bleed out would be essential, but we'll make do no matter what. Also, make sure you have a mic.

GET HYPE!!!!

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By End_Boss

I'm in. Gamer tag TheSulkingDead. Should be on within a half hour.

EDIT: I'm a level 61 Berserker (Titan spec) and my bleedout's 110% longer than average, so I think I fit the bleeder bill.

Chuggsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Chuggsy
    @End_Boss said:
    " I'm in. Gamer tag TheSulkingDead. Should be on within a half hour. "
    Alright, cool.
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Luke

I already killed him like 10 times last week, but maybe if I'm on later tonight or tomorrow I'll try to help you guys out, if you still need it. 

I do, however, still just need one more Achievement to S-Rank this game, for like the 3rd freaking time, so maybe I'll just do that instead... hmmm? 

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By REDRUN

I'm in too! I have a level 61 Hunter - Scavenger with +2 Find Rare Items/+2 Extra Items. You'll have more frequent rare drops for the team of treasure hunters you put together. If the team happens to be all level 61, the better the drops; the drops appear to be based off the lowest ranked member of the team. XBL Gamertag: REDRUN

Chuggsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Chuggsy
    @REDRUN said:

" I'm in too! I have a level 61 Hunter - Scavenger with +2 Find Rare Items/+2 Extra Items. You'll have more frequent rare drops for the team of treasure hunters you put together. If the team happens to be all level 61, the better the drops; the drops appear to be based off the lowest ranked member of the team. XBL Gamertag: REDRUN "

Ok, awesome. I have another friend who can play in 20-30 minutes, and I'm still waiting on End_Boss, but he shouldn't be long now. And we don't have to wait on my friend, by the way.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By StaticFalconar

There's your problem right there, Jeff was wrong, the soldier is not the way to go. 

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By End_Boss

I'll be online in five, duders.

Chuggsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Chuggsy
    @StaticFalconar said:
    " There's your problem right there, Jeff was wrong, the soldier is not the way to go.  "
    They're all helpful. Me and a friend can do pretty damn well as soldiers healing each other and hiding in a certain spot.
    Chuggsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Chuggsy
    @REDRUN said:
    " I'm in too! I have a level 61 Hunter - Scavenger with +2 Find Rare Items/+2 Extra Items. You'll have more frequent rare drops for the team of treasure hunters you put together. If the team happens to be all level 61, the better the drops; the drops appear to be based off the lowest ranked member of the team. XBL Gamertag: REDRUN "
    Get online bro, we got a team of 3 and we almost got him, died at the last second. Waiting for you.
    REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By REDRUN
    @StaticFalconar: Soldiers are a great support/medic class. You need a good mod and respec your character skills accordingly to the job you are designating yourself to. The right gun for the job and artifact are is key for your offensive abilities. The best games I had was rolling with skilled Soldier as the Medic/Support class.
    REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By REDRUN

Wow, that was fun. That boss was not nice at all. I think we got lucky when the boss glitched out long enough for us to recover and give us false hope resulting in failure after failure. Still, that SOB was going down!
    When the Cramerax finally came down with an explosion of weapons as if a cherry-bomb went off in loot-filled pinata showering the lands as the sound *bleep-bloop rang as for the four tired treasure hunter watched in glee. Too tired to cheer, I raised my glass then quietly downed my pint of beer.  The Bombers had prevailed. 

Now, about that Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot DLC; I am needing a crew interested into getting that S-Ranked for Borderlands.

Chuggsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Chuggsy

I just wish we had found Pearlecents though, I've killed him at least 6 times now, and nothing. Oh well.

those last challenges in Mad Moxxi take fucking foreeeeeverrrrrrrrrr, though I heard when you're 61 they're alot easier because the enemies only go up to rank 60. So that would make things a lot faster.

Either way, I might be willing to do it on a weekend.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By StarFoxA
    @REDRUN said:
    " Wow, that was fun. That boss was not nice at all. I think we got lucky when the boss glitched out long enough for us to recover and give us false hope resulting in failure after failure. Still, that SOB was going down!When the Cramerax finally came down with an explosion of weapons as if a cherry-bomb went off in loot-filled pinata showering the lands as the sound *bleep-bloop rang as for the four tired treasure hunter watched in glee. Too tired to cheer, I raised my glass then quietly downed my pint of beer.  The Bombers had prevailed.   Now, about that Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot DLC; I am needing a crew interested into getting that S-Ranked for Borderlands. "
    You can just create a low leveled account and do that easily in split screen.
    Avatar image for aperturesilence
    ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By ApertureSilence

Ok, I realize I am a day late to the party, but I really need some help with this. I am a level 61 soldier and have gotten really good at getting Crawmerax down to like 10% health. Unfortunately, I don't have any ricocheting guns or rocket launchers, so I really need at least one other person to shoot the fucker in the back. 

Let me know if anybody is up for this. My Gamertag is CommodoreHustle.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By ArchScabby

I did this with two people.  There is a little corner on the left side of the mountain that if you crouch in it he won't attack you and you can just sit there and shoot him, until the only thing left is the weak point on his back.  then just have the second guy come up and finish him off by shooting him in the back, and when he turns around to get that guy, the guy in the corner shoots him in the back.  It's easy.

ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ApertureSilence
    @ArchScabby said:
    " I did this with two people.  There is a little corner on the left side of the mountain that if you crouch in it he won't attack you and you can just sit there and shoot him, until the only thing left is the weak point on his back.  then just have the second guy come up and finish him off by shooting him in the back, and when he turns around to get that guy, the guy in the corner shoots him in the back.  It's easy. "
    That is my method precisely. But I need a second person. I've been able to pretty much solo Borderlands otherwise.
    Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Supermarius

you can also use  rocket launchers to hit his backside from the glitch spot. I used a "redemption" rocket launcher which has an extra big explosion to hit his back by shooting at and hitting one of his back spikes. The explosion is big enough to hit his back spot, although it took alot of misses.

Keep in mind that what you are doing, and i did it too, is an exploit and is technically cheating. If you beat crawmerax this way, then you did not really beat him.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By frankxiv

yeah, i beat him a couple times from that spot, basically to powerlevel a friend + get loots. then when he hit 58 we did it legit a couple times.

it's way more intense and rewarding when you do it for realsies.

edit: to reinforce this i just killed him 2 more times, solo, in an hour. number of smgs dropped: 1 :((

ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ApertureSilence
    @Supermarius said:
    "Keep in mind that what you are doing, and i did it too, is an exploit and is technically cheating. If you beat crawmerax this way, then you did not really beat him. "
    Personally, I don't consider exploits to be cheating. After all, it's part of the game - you're not entering cheat codes or going to a walkthrough.
    Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Supermarius
    @MurderByDeath:  i dunno. With exploits like this i consider them to "not be in the game". They arent in the game on purpose but are accidentally there. If the developers had caught the exploit before release, they would have removed it. Its like the infamous missingo. exploit in pokemon red and blue. You could use it to get infinite items back in the day, including infinite level-up items. It really messed up the sense of fair play. That being said, i totally did do the Crawmerax exploit. I think i rationalize it by how its unfair that a siren can solo him legitimately but no other class can.
    ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ApertureSilence

Well, we did it, and properly legit, too. Thanks very much to everybody who participated. 

jacob816

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By jacob816

Any playing on the PS3? I'm a level 61 solider with a pretty good support gunner mod. If anyone wants to do a run on him, let me know. PSN ID: Jacob816

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.