Crazy Borderlands Deals on Steam

Posted by 1337W422102 (1009 posts) -

If you haven't seen it yet, check it out:  http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/8980/ 
All Borderlands stuff on Steam is currently 66% off.  That includes the DLC, and even the 4-pack!  The full game for ten bucks and change, and all the DLC for another tenner and a quarter?  Done.

#1 Posted by 1337W422102 (1009 posts) -

If you haven't seen it yet, check it out:  http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/8980/ 
All Borderlands stuff on Steam is currently 66% off.  That includes the DLC, and even the 4-pack!  The full game for ten bucks and change, and all the DLC for another tenner and a quarter?  Done.

#2 Posted by ColMirage (257 posts) -

Aye. Got me the full game. No DLCs though, I can't afford them. Besides, I can't even play it yet due to bandwidth constraints that'll clear out in about ten days.

#3 Posted by Bucketdeth (8007 posts) -

It's really tempting but I own the PS3 version with the Zombie DLC, but this deal is almost to good to let down.

#4 Posted by 1337W422102 (1009 posts) -
@ColMirage said:
" Aye. Got me the full game. No DLCs though, I can't afford them. Besides, I can't even play it yet due to bandwidth constraints that'll clear out in about ten days. "
I know what you mean.  Good luck with the bandwidth and have fun with the game!

@Bucketdeth said:
" It's really tempting but I own the PS3 version with the Zombie DLC, but this deal is almost to good to let down. "
If you already have the game, it wouldn't really make sense to buy it again.  But you could always gift it to a friend, or something!
#5 Posted by The_Painted (181 posts) -

Does anyone happen to know how long this deal is on?

#6 Posted by 1337W422102 (1009 posts) -
@The_Painted said:
" Does anyone happen to know how long this deal is on? "
It doesn't say.  I hope they update the news page to tell us how long it will last.
#7 Posted by The_Painted (181 posts) -
@1337W422102: Damn. As long as it goes for another 12 hours, I can't miss this. I've been wanting Borderlands for ages.
#8 Posted by 1337W422102 (1009 posts) -
@The_Painted: I hear ya!  I wanted to check it out, but there was no demo (at least not on Steam), but for $10, I figured what the hell.  The cheapest I've seen it is $20 used, and I don't even know if that will work what with CD keys and all.
#9 Posted by FateOfNever (1830 posts) -

I'm still so torn on this...  I mean, technically I already own the game, unfortunately I was stupid and I own the hard copy PC version - which means no achievements and Steam DLC is non-compatible with it.  Which has prevented me from buying any of the DLC for the game.  So now I could re-buy the game and get all of the DLC for only 20$, or just live with my inferior version.  Curse you Steam and your sales.  Curse you.

#10 Posted by Redbullet685 (6036 posts) -
@1337W422102 said:

@Bucketdeth said:
" It's really tempting but I own the PS3 version with the Zombie DLC, but this deal is almost to good to let down. "
If you already have the game, it wouldn't really make sense to buy it again.  But you could always gift it to a friend, or something! "
If you want better graphics and have more friends on your PC playing Borderlands, then getting the game and all the DLC on steam would be the same amount as getting the Mad moxxi and General Knoxx DLC's for PS3.
#11 Posted by Suicidal_SNiper (949 posts) -

Wow, thanks for the heads up. Just bought the game and all DLC for $20. You could buy a 4 pack for $30! That's insane!

#12 Posted by mau64 (539 posts) -

Buying the game now for a test to see how my computer can handle it. Let me know if you all want to play :)

#13 Posted by Vitor (2815 posts) -
@FateOfNever said:
" I'm still so torn on this...  I mean, technically I already own the game, unfortunately I was stupid and I own the hard copy PC version - which means no achievements and Steam DLC is non-compatible with it.  Which has prevented me from buying any of the DLC for the game.  So now I could re-buy the game and get all of the DLC for only 20$, or just live with my inferior version.  Curse you Steam and your sales.  Curse you. "
Didn't they patch in Steam works support?  

I'm in the same boat and would love to get General Knoxx/Zombie Island but only if they'd work with my retail copy. Anyone know if that's the case?
#14 Posted by EvilDingo (589 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
I have it this way too... Although I'm not even playing the PS3 version now, so... 

It's the Steam-effect - When they are selling stuff cheap enough, it hard to ignore it even when you already own the game. 

This summery I've re-bought Civ4, Oblivion and Fallout on sale - just for the convenience of having these games on Steam.
#15 Posted by AlisterCat (5538 posts) -

I really want this but I completed it 100% on Xbox360 (none of the DLC though) when I rented it. Hopefully it'll be £5 or less in the Christmas sale. ;)

#16 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

just got my new gaming rig yesterday, i just installed Steam a few minutes for the first time (my previous computer was so shit i didnt even have steam because i never played on it) and DAMN that deal is good...Ive already played it to death on the 360, but im seriously considering buying it on steam for 10euros >_<

this is what Steam is going to be like isnt it? Like with the sales and shit... you just cant resist them :( Im so fucked

#17 Posted by Chris2KLee (2334 posts) -

Same deal they had for the summer sale, but it's a great deal! No doubt getting people hooked before the new DLC drops. Been playing this almost daily since the patch came out adding steam works. Can't resist them sweet achievements.

#18 Edited by Synthballs (2193 posts) -

I don't understand re-buying games :S 

I wish I had more cash for this. I have it on 360 but it would be easier to play on a PC i think. 

EDIT: My apologies, I just like, fucked myself over saying both of those in the same post. I'm slowly seeing the light in PC gaming though.

#19 Posted by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -

does it still use gamespy for its multiplayer? im thinking about buying it but gamespy just sucks

#20 Posted by 1337W422102 (1009 posts) -
@VicRattlehead said:
" does it still use gamespy for its multiplayer? im thinking about buying it but gamespy just sucks "
I had to make some kind of Gamespy account in-game before I could play multiplayer.  It literally took 30 seconds and I didn't experience any issues online with lag or anything like that.
So, to answer your question, I guess so, but it didn't get in the way.
#21 Posted by 1337W422102 (1009 posts) -

Sale's over; thanks for coming out!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.