Fourth Borderlands DLC Announced, Hitting In September

• 96 results
Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

It appears as if those leaked DLC details from the PC version of Borderlands were right on target. The forthcoming content pack coming out of Gearbox for its shooter RPG will indeed pit you against a legion of rebel Claptraps, according to a PR blast from publisher 2K Games this morning. 

Claptrap's New Robot Revolution, as its being called, drops you in the middle of an uneasy alliance with Hyperion Corporation against a "cunning" Ninja Assassin Claptrap and his Frankenstein followers. You'll be asked to complete up to 20 missions surrounding these events, and of course, be given a ton of loot for putting down the kung-fu master.

Ten additional skill points, more backpack storage, and new loot are being offered, in addition to "original boss battles" with foes, as the leak suggested, you already know and love. 

== TEASER ==As you might have guessed, this will be the last bit of Borderlands content. In a statement, Christoph Hartmann called the DLC the "perfect bookend," after speaking to the fact that it is being released a year after Borderlands first hit stores.

New Robot Revolution will released on the PC,PSN, and Xbox Live Marketplace at $9.99 at some point this September.    
#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

It appears as if those leaked DLC details from the PC version of Borderlands were right on target. The forthcoming content pack coming out of Gearbox for its shooter RPG will indeed pit you against a legion of rebel Claptraps, according to a PR blast from publisher 2K Games this morning. 

Claptrap's New Robot Revolution, as its being called, drops you in the middle of an uneasy alliance with Hyperion Corporation against a "cunning" Ninja Assassin Claptrap and his Frankenstein followers. You'll be asked to complete up to 20 missions surrounding these events, and of course, be given a ton of loot for putting down the kung-fu master.

Ten additional skill points, more backpack storage, and new loot are being offered, in addition to "original boss battles" with foes, as the leak suggested, you already know and love. 

== TEASER ==As you might have guessed, this will be the last bit of Borderlands content. In a statement, Christoph Hartmann called the DLC the "perfect bookend," after speaking to the fact that it is being released a year after Borderlands first hit stores.

New Robot Revolution will released on the PC,PSN, and Xbox Live Marketplace at $9.99 at some point this September.    
#2 Posted by Crono11 (1651 posts) -

Always good to have more Borderlands DLC.

#3 Posted by tmlim (212 posts) -

AWESOME!! I can't wait for this!!

#4 Posted by Joey2683 (377 posts) -

Looking forward to it. Now all they need is a Game Of The Year Edition.
#5 Posted by Interfect (981 posts) -

Love me some DLC. I have Zombie Island and Genearl Knoxx. I'll get this and maybe Mad Moxxi.

#6 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8605 posts) -

YES!

Love it! <3

#7 Posted by CaptainCody (1521 posts) -

Woohoo.
#8 Posted by Ronald (1389 posts) -

I recently bought the game, then picked up all the DLC when it was all half off. I'm happy to see one more DLC.

#9 Posted by V_Hogen (19 posts) -

i will feel bad mowing down those little claptraps, but i will do anything for skill points and loot
#10 Posted by DaRaxor (33 posts) -

Looks good, i still need to find time to play the third dlc after being dissapointed with moxxi.

#11 Posted by Tordah (2487 posts) -
@Joey2683 said:
" Looking forward to it. Now all they need is a Game Of The Year Edition. "
Yes! I haven't even played the original game yet so I hope they release a GOTY edition with all the DLC like they did with Fallout 3.
#12 Posted by Euey (110 posts) -

I'll be having me some of that action.

#13 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

I still haven't played through that other Borderlands DLC I bought months ago :/. I do like the idea of the extras in this, though. It seems as though they might have the mentality of trying to break the game (even more so!) with the spoils... which isn't a bad idea for a last DLC pack.

@coolarman

said:

" FIRST "

SPAM. Congrats.
#14 Posted by nick_verissimo (1401 posts) -

Damn it, right when I have to go back to school! Oh well, guess I have something look forward to during Christmas break.

#15 Posted by BarrenMind (50 posts) -

I wonder how they will dole out the 10 skill points if they don't raise the level cap again.  Just award them at the end of quests I guess.

#16 Posted by JarenFace (205 posts) -

I always love me some Borderlands. Though I should really go back and finally finish of Crawmerex... *searches youtube to see how you can solo it with Lilith*

#17 Posted by HT101 (1174 posts) -

I will definitely get this when it comes out.  I still need to pick up Mad Moxxi even if it is a piece of crap.  I hope it goes on sale again when this one hits XBLA.

#18 Posted by cowdrunk (245 posts) -

DARN YOU GEARBOX!!! 
dont you have enough of my money already
#19 Posted by clapperdude (192 posts) -

Finally a chance to destroy those annoying damn things!

#20 Posted by Spiral_Stars (456 posts) -

Ninjas, by definition, are already assassins.

#21 Posted by FritzDude (2273 posts) -

I think Jeff is happy now.
#22 Posted by Yummylee (22506 posts) -

Always grateful for an excuse to get back into Borderlands.

#23 Posted by Sovereign13 (147 posts) -

HAL 9000!

#24 Posted by natetodamax (19219 posts) -

Does 10 more skill points mean 10 more levels? 

#25 Posted by MisterMollusk (399 posts) -
@JarenFace: just go online and grab a couple dudes. Remember: poison against armored, fire against green, and shock against maggots.
#26 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -
Fuck yes. I've played something mad like 500 hours of Borderlands, I'm always game for more.
#27 Posted by radioactivez0r (866 posts) -

Looking forward to the Steam sale!  I'm only at level 40 so I'm not sure of this answer - with the cap at 61 and this adding 10 more skill points, how many trees can be filled out now?

#28 Posted by SalukiJeff (31 posts) -

Very excited for this DLC...gives me more reason to get back into Borderlands!!!

#29 Posted by bretthancock (778 posts) -

I just picked up Borderlands again last night because "they should be putting out another DLC" . I'm glad I was right, can't fucking wait for this!

#30 Posted by Fjordson (2432 posts) -

Man, all of this great post-release support from Gearbox makes me hate myself for not finishing the original game.

#31 Posted by doctorchin (113 posts) -

I can't believe Borderlands is almost a year old! Really great game.

#32 Posted by Jayzilla (2571 posts) -
@Spiral_Stars: the redundant nature of the name implies they are twice as deadly! 
#33 Posted by Lihtster (76 posts) -

Better catch up with the previous once...

#34 Posted by JarenFace (205 posts) -
@MisterMollusk:  Yeah, after countless hours (and dollars) trying to solo it in May, hoping online was really my best bet to go...except I didn't have/still don't have Live. I should stop being cheap and just buy a year subscription in the relative future.
#35 Posted by Killroycantkill (1423 posts) -

They made claptraps look super evil...

#36 Posted by angryemu (79 posts) -

Oh man, here we go again! 

I have a S Rank in this game *and* the Platinum trophy on the PS3 version. I guess I'll be fighting to get that S Rank back come September!

#37 Posted by moredonkey (9 posts) -

Ninja claptraps are always a good thing. Leave it to borderlands to suck me away from reach in sept. I wonder if this means more backpack slots.

#38 Posted by Demandred32h (21 posts) -

Can not wait, although I'm still working on the larger Madd Moxxi challenges, what a time sink those can be. 

#39 Posted by Arker101 (1472 posts) -

While I'm sad that this is the last DLC, that means they can get to work on a sequel! 
I hope.
#40 Posted by Glak (578 posts) -

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm ready for some more Borderlands content!

#41 Posted by Ghostiet (5305 posts) -

God, just stop this and release a GOTY edition so I'll get all this shit in a full package finally. :-(

#42 Posted by Mrnitropb (2090 posts) -

Man, I was just thinking about getting Moxxi and Island of Dr. DLC's. Great timing!

#43 Posted by gla55jAw (2695 posts) -

Too bad there aren't won't be a level increase. I love my Borderlands though. Gotta keep up the S Rank. Maybe after I do that, I'll play another character.

#44 Posted by cravins90 (118 posts) -

Finally get to shoot Claptraps. They can dance all they want now.

#45 Edited by artofwar420 (6309 posts) -

I'm so in, already racked up so many hours it's insane. I'm going with it 'till the end Gearbox!

#46 Posted by ozzdog12 (864 posts) -

There goes my S rank...

#47 Posted by fisk0 (4463 posts) -

I hope they'll release this and the third DLC as a Borderlands Add-On Pack #2, so I won't have to purchase them digitally, as I already own the original game and the first add-on pack as retail DVD's.

#48 Posted by Eribuster (511 posts) -

Ten more skill points. Sweet. I wonder how they will balance the new skill points. Or maybe this is the point where they don't care about balance.

#49 Posted by CookieMonster (2448 posts) -

Been playing Borderlands straight for the past four days, and I havn't even got into The Mad Moxxi and General Knox dlc yet. Feel like I'm gonna keel over from so much gaming. But in the end, I will complete it all, and regretfully pick this up as well.

#50 Posted by jos1ah (325 posts) -

Somebody tell me when they fix the billion glitches such as the one where my character was suddenly flipped upsidedown running on air and I might start to care. ...Wait. No I won't.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.