Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Gen Knoxx Does Not Scale

clapperdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By clapperdude

Jeff had mentioned in the quick look of Gen Knoxx that the enemies scaled. This is not true. Their levels are hard coded like they are in the main game.  Thats not to say enemy levels in borderlands don't ever change, as they do get higher in playthrough 2...but its simply just hardcoded a higher level...not an actual scale.  

Also be aware that the main game and zombie island won't scale up after beating Knoxx. So, if you are lvl 61 and return to those they will be a super cake walk.   

There is a large thread about this over at gearbox forums :  http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=97652

Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Supermarius

well, they do rescale to the 58-61 range, but they dont dynamically rescale. You just flip the "rescale all the enemies in the dlc" when you beat knoxx the first time in pt2

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By End_Boss

Wait, so what would you call the jump/drop in enemy levels when another player joins/leaves the game?

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Venatio

I just beat the main game and started playing Knoxx on playthrough 1, is this not recommended?

Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Supermarius
    @Venatio:  if you're level 35 or so i hear its fine. I've only done it on pt2 so far, though.
    tmlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By tmlim
    @Supermarius said:
    " @Venatio:  if you're level 35 or so i hear its fine. I've only done it on pt2 so far, though. "
    That's is correct, because the events in Knox occur right after completing the main campaign.  I started Knox and the enemies were around 35 to start, but they increase really fast.
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Venatio
    @Supermarius said:
    " @Venatio:  if you're level 35 or so i hear its fine. I've only done it on pt2 so far, though. "
    Currently lvl 37
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By natetodamax
    @End_Boss said:
    " Wait, so what would you call the jump/drop in enemy levels when another player joins/leaves the game? "
    I was playing as a level 47, first playthrough, with Chaser324 who I think was level 50, and all the enemies were in the 30s.
    clapperdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By clapperdude
    @Supermarius said:

" well, they do rescale to the 58-61 range, but they dont dynamically rescale. You just flip the "rescale all the enemies in the dlc" when you beat knoxx the first time in pt2 "

If its not dynamic then thats just hard coded enemy levels not scaling. 

@End_Boss said:

" Wait, so what would you call the jump/drop in enemy levels when another player joins/leaves the game? "

It ramps up/down in coop sure, but it doesnt 'scale' as you level no matter how many guys you are playing with.  If you are playing with  or w/o a crew and the enemies in the next mission are at level 20, and before you get to those enemies you reach level 22...the enemies are still going to be stuck at 20. Its not a dynamic scale.  This is why when doing a lot of sidequests or leveling up missions are bound to become 'trivial' as they dont scale with your level.

But -- regardless of what people consider a scale or not -- this post was really meant to warn those considering leveling up to 61 that the main game and zombie island wont scale with you. So unless you like the idea of ridiculously easy enemies...you might not end up wanting to go back to those areas with your lvl 61 character.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Tennmuerti

Basically this means that after you level up to 61 in the DLC, you are limited to playing in the DLC/Moxi areas if you want any challange and/or loot. As the main game and Island will remain with lvl 50-51enemies and lvl 48 loot max.

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @clapperdude said:
    " Jeff had mentioned in the quick look of Gen Knoxx that the enemies scaled. This is not true. Their levels are hard coded like they are in the main game.  Thats not to say enemy levels in borderlands don't ever change, as they do get higher in playthrough 2...but its simply just hardcoded a higher level...not an actual scale.  

Also be aware that the main game and zombie island won't scale up after beating Knoxx. So, if you are lvl 61 and return to those they will be a super cake walk.   

There is a large thread about this over at gearbox forums :  http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=97652 "
    YOU WAS WRONG. Kidding.
    Lost_In_Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lost_In_Gaming

So, let me get this straight:  A player can beat PT 2 of General Knoxx and nothing scales all the way up to 61+? That is some bull. What should be done (and a lot of people on these forums as well as on Gearbox's forums agree) is that when you finish playthrough 2 of General Knoxx, that everything in the world scales upwards to meet your new max level, therefore creating replayability to the entire game, once again!

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Mrnitropb

My question, is does being lvl 61 make Mad Moxxi beatable?

clapperdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By clapperdude
    @Mrnitropb said:
    " My question, is does being lvl 61 make Mad Moxxi beatable? "
    I havent played Moxxi....but from what I hear that dlc actually does scale (so for better or worse I suppose).
    Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Supermarius
    @Lost_In_Gaming:  no, a bunch of things do scale up once you beat general knoxx in pt2. But they are all in the general knoxx dlc itself. What the mc is saying it that the whole game doesnt scale like it did at the pt2.5 trigger, and its not dynamically scaled to match your level.
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By frankxiv

the cool thing about moxxi arenas scaling up to 61 is it kinda breaks them and makes them super easy.

like i'm not getting badasses in badass waves, just normal guys. and the lance you fight aren't the upgraded knoxx lance, they're just the plain old weak to corrosive lance.

also there's still infighting, so pretty much all of the mixed groups will fight each other.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.