General Knoxx Outposts

#1 Posted by Meteor_VII (125 posts) -

Here there any outposts (wrapping stations) in this dlc - I just got to the prison part and then got a message that new missions were at the bounty board and I can't find a Outpost to wrap back there. Am I really going to have to drive/fight all the way back just to pick up a random quest?

#2 Posted by wemibelec90 (1739 posts) -

There are no fast-travel points at all in the DLC. Yes, you have to drive back and forth each time. It's part of the reason why I absolutely hated that DLC, even though the quests were interesting.

#3 Posted by Meteor_VII (125 posts) -

Well there wasn't fast travel in Dr. Ned's but all the quests were done really well of you getting done with a area to then go back to the main island to be there to get more quests. Just really annoying in this dlc, going to add a few hours of just traveling back and forth i guess. sigh.

#4 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

If you have nothing left to do in the area you are in and you want/need to go back to the starting area, press start and exit the game; it'll save, then just go load your game again and you'll start at the beginning area of the DLC.

#5 Posted by Sparklykiss (1973 posts) -

As said before, all of the DLC areas in Borderlands only have the one fast travel area. Knoxx/Armory is a bit of a pain because it focuses primarily on vehicles and loot. But that car focus means you will be doing a lot of driving back and forth.

The best solution is to pick up everything you can and go in one direction, complete it, and then exit out of the game. That way, you'll be back in the main hub area and then just go in the opposite direction. It's tedious and goes a lot easier in co-op. Also recommend parking a car near an exit if you back track manually, that way when you go to a Catch-A-Ride you can just teleport to that older/other vehicle.

#6 Posted by ComradeKhan (687 posts) -
@SomeDeliCook said:

If you have nothing left to do in the area you are in and you want/need to go back to the starting area, press start and exit the game; it'll save, then just go load your game again and you'll start at the beginning area of the DLC.

I did this constantly when playing the DLC.
#7 Posted by golguin (3964 posts) -

@ComradeKhan said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

I did this constantly when playing the DLC.

I did this for all the DLC content that would have had long treks back to the home base. It was a real time saver in knoxx and clap trap revolution.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.