Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Got the GotY edition from the Seam sale. How does the DLC work

noremnants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By noremnants

Does the DLC for this work like Mass Effect 2 DLC where it is available right away or do you have to progress in the story to unlock it. If it is unlocked right away, when should I play the DLC.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I'd suggest doing General Knoxx and Robot Revolution after completing the main game. The other two can kinda be done whenever, I think.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Subjugation

When you start up the game it will have a pop-up window that will tell you how to access the DLC. Most of them just have a new area to fast travel to. You can check stuff out whenever but the enemies will likely cream you if you aren't a high enough level. Finish the main storyline once first would be my recommendation.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ajamafalous

I'm fairly certain you can go there right away, but they all have minimum levels (I believe) so you won't want to do them until you're pretty far in the game. A friend and I made new chars to play through the game again and do the DLC, so we were gonna do Zombie Island when we got to like New Haven (think that's the name of that place; it's been a while). When we went there all the zombies were like 26-27 and we were only 23, so they were twoshotting us and taking multiple clips to kill. We had to leave and do some more main story quests to level enough so that we could actually kill the zombies in a reasonable fashion.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @weeman105 said:

Finish the main storyline once first would be my recommendation.

I'm doing just that with a bunch of giant bombers who also purchased the game from the sale :D (we kinda take shifts in the co-op. whoever is available plays) 

this game is fucking amazing on co-op. a fucking drag on singleplayer
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#6  Edited By BeachThunder

I believe it's available once you get out of the gate. You'll know what I mean once you play the game. Anyway, it's very early on when the DLC becomes available. 

Robot Revolution is specifically designed to be played after you finish everything else (The main game, Knoxx and Zombie Island). Knoxx should be played around the end of the game (that DLC includes a very hard boss that you will not be able to defeat unless you are at a high level); maybe play it after your first play through, that is, if you are intending on playing through the game more than once. Also, I would recommend you don't bother with playing Mad Moxxie, it's not particularly good, however it does come with a item storage area, which can be handy.

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By HellBrendy

I love playing it alone. The loot ain't that much better in co-op, and in singleplayer you are going to get all the items.  

Screw Moxxie, but do use the storeagesafe it gives you.  

Fish the game once then half-way again before getting on the DLC's. That gives you way better loot, and Zombie Island has some great weapons. 

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
    deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

Zombie Island and Moxxi's Underdome are the only ones you need to activate, everything else just works.

noremnants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By noremnants

Thanks for the info guys. I'll play through it once before doing any DLC like HellBrendy mentioned.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.