GOTY Version spotted

#1 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

A listing relating to an all-new edition of Gearbox's sublime shoot & loot 'em-up Borderlands has been spotted on US retailer GameStop's site, stoking hopes that a definitive package will be hitting shelves soon.     

Source 

I regret selling my copy after the zombie DLC. I really wanna get back and play the other two. So maybe this will grab me. 
#2 Posted by lilman1101 (1061 posts) -

And i was just about to pick this game up.

#3 Posted by face15 (1284 posts) -

If I were to sell my copy of the original and buy this GOTY edition would I still be able to keep my character? If so then I'll definately pick this up.

#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@face15 said:
" If I were to sell my copy of the original and buy this GOTY edition would I still be able to keep my character? If so then I'll definately pick this up. "
Yes you would. 
#5 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @face15 said:
" If I were to sell my copy of the original and buy this GOTY edition would I still be able to keep my character? If so then I'll definately pick this up. "
Yes you would.  "
Yeah... your saved data is in your hard drive, not the disk.
#6 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

yes! that's what i get for waiting!

#7 Posted by Andrela (621 posts) -

Just dont play Mad Moxxies Underdome pile of shite, it does exactly what it says on the tin

#8 Posted by face15 (1284 posts) -
@Axxol: I know it's on the hard drive just thought there could be a compatibility issue opening a original save file in the GOTY version.
#9 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

I picked up Borderlands + all DLC on Steam for $20, so I'm set here :)

#10 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

Thats cool, I already have the DLC I want, but i hope others pick it up.

#11 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3069 posts) -

Complete editions are great. I wish more games with extensive DLC did this.

#12 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

I want to go back and get it all for PS3 and get all the trophies. I platted the original game. 

#13 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -

I love that game but it stole my ten dollars with Underdome.

#14 Posted by Teaspoon83 (623 posts) -

Aye, picked up the game and all the DLC during Steam's Summer sale, all of it for $20. Now, to find the time to actually install it and play it.

#15 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

i just got the dlc for cheap from the steam sales. but its cool that they are having that. 

#16 Posted by Spence_5060 (322 posts) -

If this were to come out it would be a definite buy for me.

#17 Posted by shakra (252 posts) -
@Geno said:
" I picked up Borderlands + all DLC on Steam for $20, so I'm set here :) "
This.
#18 Posted by Shindiggah (350 posts) -

maybe it makes me a bad person but I almost wanna buy this just so I can clear out my hardrive of all the DLC, seriously borderlands taking up 5 gigs of my 20 gig hardrive just isnt cool I really need to upgrade thank god for the USB update or my hardrive'd be completely done now.
#19 Posted by 2Thumbs (87 posts) -

As a 4th DLC has been announced, I'm assuming it'll be released soon as this version of the game is expected in September and I can't see it not including it.

@Shindiggah:  I can see the DLC being put on a separate disc and requiring installation as they take up a fair amount of gigs.
#20 Posted by blacklab (1530 posts) -

indubitably 

#21 Posted by JLighthall (12 posts) -

roflcopter

#22 Posted by LiquidPrince (15856 posts) -

Meh. I really didn't like this game. Hopefully it's not full priced for all of you who did like it.

#23 Posted by soroxas94 (9 posts) -

legubriously awesome

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.