Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

High Speed,Naked,Vampire,Beef cake,......GO!

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

So...three days ago I picked to make a topic to ask for help doing the Mad Moxxie DLC. A task which I found out doing alone was shit. In this thread I met Ackbarthegreat. Little did i know that we would spend 10 hours in hell  

If you do not know mad moxxie DLC is arenas the first three are 5 rounds with 5 waves each. We easily knocked these out 

However the last three. 20 rounds with 5 waves each. Each one taking 3 hours...of non stop baddies...repeat wave after wave of horrible sickening monotony.  

We started Friday and knocked out the mini arenas in about 2  hours. Then one larger one in three hours. A few people joined and left but nothing that exciting happened. 

Saturday we started again but a urgent family thing came up and I had to leave.  

Today wile we are both on skype. We tackled the last two large ones...6 hours of non stop play and it was  horrible.  

We  did however get to hackers to join us...and they hammered away for a wile before leaving us. One even claiming to be a gerbil.  

After hours of hell we finely got to the end... 

5 achivments with a score of 135 gamerscore and some of the rarest achivments on GB are now ours!  

I will end with this. Mad Moxxie is a DLC that is worse then Horse armor. We must hate our selves for this...I want to die now..I want to die. 

Sorry for the short blog my will to live is very close to not. 

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Demyx

I never bothered to buy this DLC, I just skipped straight to General Knoxx, which I haven't even finished because my comp is soo much balls.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By mazik765

Yeah...I sometimes I think about getting the Mad Moxxie DLC for the S-Rank...and then I see a post like this and that thought quickly leaves. Don't they have some point in the development process where one guy says 'so we though it would be fun if we made players fight monotonous waves for 6 hours' and someone else has the oppurtuninty to say 'that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard'?

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @mazik765 said:
    " Yeah...I sometimes I think about getting the Mad Moxxie DLC for the S-Rank...and then I see a post like this and that thought quickly leaves. Don't they have some point in the development process where one guy says 'so we though it would be fun if we made players fight monotonous waves for 6 hours' and someone else has the oppurtuninty to say 'that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard'? "
    In total we did this crap for 10 hours. It was just... horrible. 
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gizmo

I tip my hat to you guys, I wouldn't even pick this DLC up if it was on a Steam sale!

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Three0neFive
    @Gizmo said:
    " I tip my hat to you guys, I wouldn't even pick this DLC up if it was on a Steam sale! "
    shit, i wouldn't even bother pirating it
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Gizmo said:
    " I tip my hat to you guys, I wouldn't even pick this DLC up if it was on a Steam sale! "
    I have a new respect for why the guys do not wanna do a new ER. This feeling is horrible. My back.neck.face, and eyes ache. I feel so drained like I have not before. I many times just wanted to give up. 
    AckbarTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AckbarTheGreat

I would like to say that the time was worth the achievements, but the nine lines of dialogue that Moxie shouts out repeatedly will haunt my dreams forever.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

This DLC was just plain bad. No exp. No weapon profency upping. No cash rewards. 

Avatar image for shadowknight508
    ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By ShadowKnight508

I passed on the Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot! DLC, even with a voucher to get it for free from the Borderlands: GOTY Edition that I received for Christmas. I have heard many negative and generally bad things about it, so I skipped it to take on The Secret Armory of General Knoxx and Claptrap's New Robot Revolution DLC instead.

In my opinion, it is not worth 3-5 PSN trophies for over 10 hours of long, repetitive arena fights.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @shadowknight508 said:
    " I passed on the Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot! DLC, even with a voucher to get it for free from the Borderlands: GOTY Edition that I received for Christmas. I have heard many negative and generally bad things about it, so I skipped it to take on The Secret Armory of General Knoxx and Claptrap's New Robot Revolution DLC instead.  In my opinion, it is not worth 3-5 PSN trophies for over 10 hours of long, repetitive arena fights. "
    Think of it as a vision quest. Borderlands is one of my favorite games. I intend to get a full s rank in it. 
    wubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By wubb

This came as part of the GOTY edition for me.  I played about 40 minutes of the first arena, died on the 3rd boss, and decided that was enough Underdome for me.   I rarely have the desire or time to spend 3 hours straight on a game, let alone something that isn't fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.