Holy Crap!!

Posted by RTSlord (1200 posts) -

For a long time i've really wanted to get borderlands, but being the poor college student that i am, i didnt want to pay full price for it. I was looking to get a new game when i saw that it was like 35 bucks at gamestop. THIRTY-FIVE!! Talk about a deal. Im a couple hours in (im at the part where u have to kill sledge) and ive got to say, this game is awesome! The shooting is good, the open world/rpg is great and it totally fills my need for shooting and RPG-ing. I can't believe i didnt get this game sooner. 

P.S. A BAZILLION GUNS!!!!!!!!!
#1 Posted by ToxicFruit (1717 posts) -

yeah man Borderlands is awesome, you should try to get some ppl to play with you makes it way more fun !

#2 Posted by ectoplasma (974 posts) -

It was for 10e on steam sale ,).

#3 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
@ectoplasma said:
" It was for 10e on steam sale ,). "
This
#4 Posted by RTSlord (1200 posts) -
@Toxic said:
"yeah man Borderlands is awesome, you should try to get some ppl to play with you makes it way more fun ! "

yeah, my buddy just got a copy too. Co-op with him has been hilarious
#5 Edited by Yummylee (21485 posts) -

Borderlands was mind meltingly addictive back in its prime. The huge DLC expansions didn't help squander any of the addiction either. I'd say I put around 200+ hours into Borderlands overall. I'm well past it now though, and I have a strong suspicion that the extra DLC Gearbox had planned isn't coming.

#6 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Borderlands for the win!
General Knox expansion is probably the best dlc/non expansion download ever made!

It's also worth the full 60 bucks imo, but get it at any price! It's a mustplay!

#7 Edited by Damian (1538 posts) -

Good on ya. It's a great game.

#8 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

lol it was like £6 last week on steam.

#9 Posted by Gamer_152 (14067 posts) -

Yeah, there have been some really good offers for it on Steam before. Personally I really wanted to like Borderlands but could never get into it.

#10 Posted by Supermarius (1196 posts) -
@Jack268 said:
" @ectoplasma said:
This "
well considering how much worse the pc version is and the relative value of the euro to the dollar i think the gamestop price for the 360 version is still a better deal.
#11 Posted by Glak (613 posts) -

Borderlands is an amazing game, full of pure fun
Glad you're enjoying it

#12 Posted by iizcallum (606 posts) -

It's a really great game, I got it on PS3 when it came out then got it again in a Steam sale for £6 ;p

#13 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I got it for $3 during the Steam sale. It's a great game and even better at that price. :P

#14 Posted by Rockdalf (1275 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" I got it for $3 during the Steam sale. It's a great game and even better at that price. :P "
You must've bought the 2k pack.  I was tempted to do so as well but there was too much I didn't want, so I just got BS 1 & 2 and Borderlands + DLC, and only spent... wait a min--  Did I spend mor-?!  NOOOOOOOO!!!!
#15 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
@Supermarius said:
" @Jack268 said:
" @ectoplasma said:
This "
well considering how much worse the pc version is and the relative value of the euro to the dollar i think the gamestop price for the 360 version is still a better deal. "
I haven't had any problem at all with the game this far. I really can't see how it could be better.
#16 Posted by ectoplasma (974 posts) -
@Jack268 said:
" @Supermarius said:
" @Jack268 said:
" @ectoplasma said:
This "
well considering how much worse the pc version is and the relative value of the euro to the dollar i think the gamestop price for the 360 version is still a better deal. "
I haven't had any problem at all with the game this far. I really can't see how it could be better. "
Also 10e equals 10d most of the time. Else it would equal 12d. lol.
#17 Posted by radioactivez0r (840 posts) -

No clue why people say the PC version is crap.  I have loved it from day one, no complaints.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.