Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

I didn't understand the ending (obvious spoilers)

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By natetodamax

It might be because I didn't read any of the text for any of the quests on my first playthrough, but I didn't understand what the ending was all about. I beat it with a friend over LIVE, and when we got to the Vault I was all like "Sweet, I can't wait to see what riches and treasures await us!" And then this giant boss came out with such an unoriginal name I had to laugh. We defeated it, and the game was over. What?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By natetodamax

I guess nobody understood it?

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By mracoon

I really didn't pay attention to the story so I had no idea what was going on most of the time or the reason behind the quests. I also expected some crazy loot when killing the vault boss but it was just a very anti-climactic ending.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kmdrkul

In a pinch, you were being used the whole time.  Or so that is the popular theory, apparently.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The Angle-girl that was supposed to be some paranormal deity turns out to be a person in a satellite, using you as you ventured across Pandora.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By natetodamax
    @Tru3_Blu3 said:
    " The Angle-girl that was supposed to be some paranormal deity turns out to be a person in a satellite, using you as you ventured across Pandora. "
    That bitch
    nick69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nick69
    @natetodamax said:
    " @Tru3_Blu3 said:
    " The Angle-girl that was supposed to be some paranormal deity turns out to be a person in a satellite, using you as you ventured across Pandora. "
    That bitch "
    lol
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By WickedCestus

The Vault is home to an evil monster dude and the angel was using you so you could go there and destroy it before it eats the universe.  

And then Claptrap turns into a Ninja Assassin.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By natetodamax
    @supermike6 said:
    " The Vault is home to an evil monster dude and the angel was using you so you could go there and destroy it before it eats the universe.   And then Claptrap turns into a Ninja Assassin. "
    He's going to be the antagonist of Borderlands 2
    AnimalFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AnimalFather

borderlands had a storyline?

aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By aaox

I wish I had a pet The Destroyer.

PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By PenguinNerd
    @supermike6 said:
    " The Vault is home to an evil monster dude and the angel was using you so you could go there and destroy it before it eats the universe.   And then Claptrap turns into a Ninja Assassin. "
    This is all that matters.
    xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By xplodedd
    @AnimalFather said:
    " borderlands had a storyline? "
    it had a storyline-ish for the first 45 and last 45 minutes of the game.
    Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Adamantium

Hahaha, that Vault dude was such a ripoff. I wanted mad guns and loot, and instead get Cthulu's interstellar cousin. Stupid ninja Claptrap better be one tough mother in B2!

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By cstrang

There is no story, there is only Zuul.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By jonnyboy

The end, Jesus! When you get to the top of that snowy cliff, you can almost hear the men in suits screaming "Look guys you have to get this game out the door Now! Fuck the Vault, Just put a big one-eyed alien at the top! Anything, just get it Finished!" Then credit sequence. 

Also I wish Gearbox had done what Valve do and handed over script writing duties to a team of professionals. That game was sold to me as Indiana Jones meets Mad Max, at no point in that game did i feel like either. Instead I was an Odd-job man who was only given 4 lines of dialog (I actually sold a shotgun that got critical hits every time cos I was sick of "Ohhhh, that Hoit!" every 2 seconds).  In my opinion there were so many wasted opportunities with such a great concept. Technically a fantastic shooter, lousy fucking story.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By FluxWaveZ

The planet's called Pandora.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Afroman269

The developers built up the idea of awesome shit to be in the vault so much that they actually know what to put it in it. So their solution was to simply shut it down and say oh sorry your shit outta luck, come back in 200 years.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By MikeFightNight

Huh story?  I thought the story was about guns and shooting dudes while watching numbers come out of them.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jimbo

No, the developers knew exactly what they were doing with the vault from the first second of the game.  There was never going to be awesome loot in the vault - that was all BS fed to you so that you'd actually be there to whoop the squid monster at the end.

Just assume that any time something is called Pandora, bad shit is going to happen.  Read up on your Greek mythology if you want to know why.

TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheGodPoet

I didn't really get the story at all. Now here's my sad attempt to point some things out from the story while attempting humor.

First, this Angel talks to you through the Echo net (i think it's called that right). That's great but how does she talk to you on the bus when your not connected to the echo net. 

Second, this bitch or satellite or person on the satellite has the nerve to use you to Destroy some pussy called The Destroyer that doesn't even drop a decent weapon. I mean if your going to put me through multiple deaths, running errands for people, and getting parts of my ass blown off while looking for riches and bitches (see what I did there) only to find out that what I was looking for isn't exactly what I imagined can you at least drop me a gun from the heavens.

Third, doesn't the Angel have to be some kind of deity or something due to my first point or was that just a plot hole. 

Fourth, am I the only one that thinks Tannis is attractive? 

Fifth, is it possible that Tannis is somehow connected to the Angel or am I looking to deep in the story? 

TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheGodPoet
    @Jimbo said:
    " No, the developers knew exactly what they were doing with the vault from the first second of the game.  There was never going to be awesome loot in the vault - that was all BS fed to you so that you'd actually be there to whoop the squid monster at the end. Just assume that any time something is called Pandora, bad shit is going to happen.  Read up on your Greek mythology if you want to know why. "
    I actually didn't think of the name foreshadowing any events.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.