I just got to the last wave, last round of MM, the power shut off

#1 Edited by ThatPrimeGuy (141 posts) -

I just got to the last wave, last round of the final large moxxi tournament just for the power to shut off. 4 hours just wasted.

I don't think I can contain my rage...

#2 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

That sucks bad dude.

#3 Posted by owack6 (213 posts) -

I was playing orcs must die 2 endless mode with my friend and steam went offline after about 4 hours, would have gotten a top 20 score atleast on the leaderboards.

We were not amused!

#4 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

I was always afraid that would happen to me while I was doing all the mad moxxi tournaments, luckily it didn't

#5 Posted by Demoskinos (14512 posts) -

That is pretty brutal....

#6 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Damn dude. That's fucking rough.

#7 Posted by TooWalrus (13127 posts) -

Bummer. I didn't play much of Mad Moxxie. I like the character, I like the bank and tux-wearing clap-trap, I LOVE the music, but the part where you actually have to play the game didn't interest me at all.

#8 Posted by mosespippy (3977 posts) -

@owack6 said:

I was playing orcs must die 2 endless mode with my friend and steam went offline after about 4 hours, would have gotten a top 20 score atleast on the leaderboards.

We were not amused!

The diference is that Orcs Must Die is fun and Mad Moxxie is not.

#9 Posted by EuanDewar (4686 posts) -

if you have any pets they're fuckin next

#10 Posted by csl316 (7963 posts) -

Reminds me of the time I got to Demona in Gargoyles for Genesis. I was about to land the final hit, when the game suddenly froze. I never got over that. Better luck here.

#11 Posted by Spoonman671 (4523 posts) -

That's what you get for playing Mad Moxxi?

@csl316 said:

Reminds me of the time I got to Demona in Gargoyles for Genesis. I was about to land the final hit, when the game suddenly froze. I never got over that. Better luck here.

I loved that game/show!
#12 Posted by csl316 (7963 posts) -
@Spoonman671 I rewatched the first two seasons a year ago. The mini movie still kicks ass, then the rest of the first season is ok, and season 2 is superb. Worth checking out!
#13 Posted by Fearbeard (822 posts) -

Drink till you forget that you ever even tried to play through the big Mad Moxxi tournament.

Just doing the three small ones made me never want to play that expansion again.

#14 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
#15 Edited by Yummylee (21204 posts) -

Reminds me of some of my first few playthroughs on Dead Space 2's Hardcore mode, just replace power-outage with character death... I went through that opening set-piece so many times. But hey at least Dead Space 2 is still a damn good game. Moxxi on the other hand, eugh.

#16 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1798 posts) -

That's really lame. Glad I decided not to bother with Moxxi's Underdome riot. Those achievements are super tempting, though.

#17 Posted by Rafaelfc (1311 posts) -

this happened to me on Mad Moxxi as well.... it was one of the most infuriating things this side of dark souls

#18 Posted by L1GHTN1N (427 posts) -

That sucks hard. I had a similar moment in Phantasy Star Online for the GCN, me and 3 friends spent about 3-4 hours going through the final area and trying to kill the final boss. We finally killed him, it was playing the death animation, and a power outage. Took us about a month before we could bring ourselves to try it again.

#19 Posted by ThatPrimeGuy (141 posts) -

@Rafaelfc said:

this happened to me on Mad Moxxi as well.... it was one of the most infuriating things this side of dark souls

The funny thing is I've been playing Dark Souls as a pallet cleanser after that. At least when I died I deserved it..

#20 Posted by ThatPrimeGuy (141 posts) -

Never. Again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.