Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

I totally misunderstood the type of game this was.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Branthog

Though I've been aware of Borderlands for a long time, I haven't bothered to delve into the information available for it very much, until now. I have to say, I thoroughly misunderstood what kind of game it is. Here I was thinking it was either the next big post-apocolyptic MMO or just another TF2 / Quake / insert-death-match-team-death-match-shooter-here game with possible character persistence.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that it's a single player RPG that you can play co-op in (useless for those of us who don't associate with many gamers in real life, much less any that will probably buy Borderlands).

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By super_machine

This game has been a constant blip on my game radar for a few months. Although as often is the case, that blip just turns out to be a flock of birds and I pass. I would like to see how this game plays, but with FO3 GOTY coming soon my shooter-RPG slate is tied.

Teirdome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Teirdome

Yep, that's about right.

Single player FPS with RPG elements and a twisted sense of humor.  It's gonna get compared to Fallout 3, but that's wrong.  It's an FPS first whereas Fallout 3's combat compares unfavorably to even Darkest of Days.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By flaminghobo

I'm still not sure whether I'm going to buy it, I'll be waiting for the reviews or possibly a demo.

SolidestChimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By SolidestChimp

i have been looking out for this game for a while but with uncharted 2 out friday (uk) i wont get 2 play much of it so ill wait 4 reviews and get on a few months

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By JoelTGM

yep it's an RPG with leveling and loot and critical hits, but it's all done from the first person perspective with guns. 

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Shadow

The whole draw to this game for me, is the prospect of possibly owning a gun that no one else will ever find.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By eroticfishcake

I always knew it was a single player RPG co-op FPS but it never really stuck to me for some reason. It's looks cool and all but I'm not feeling the hype at all. I might pick it up when it's cheaper.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Damian

Open-world split-screen FPS/RPG has had me sold for a while. Just a week left to wait.

septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By septim

This is one of those games where it will live and die by the reviews. 

Diablo with guns sounds awesome. But then again Hellgate: London was Diablo with guns.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Teirdome: As an FPS fallout is not very good . The shooting is based on rolls and therefore even if you shoot a guy in the face it may not kill them .  Its the open world RP aspect of fallout 3 that made it one of the best games I've played in a long time . However this shooting seems more like Halo . And therfore appeals to me alot more
    VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By VWGTI
    @septim: 

Sadly, I kind of agree with you. As excited as I am for this game I feel that I MUST wait for reviews to see if it all works as planned.
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hitchenson
    @FlamingHobo said:

" I'm still not sure whether I'm going to buy it, I'll be waiting for the reviews or possibly a demo. "

No, you'll do the correct thing and go out and buy it on launch day. 

On a side-note, why haven't I added you on LIVE yet? What's your GT dude?
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By flaminghobo
    @Hitchenson said:
    " @FlamingHobo said:

" I'm still not sure whether I'm going to buy it, I'll be waiting for the reviews or possibly a demo. "

No, you'll do the correct thing and go out and buy it on launch day.  On a side-note, why haven't I added you on LIVE yet? What's your GT dude? "
    We will see Hitch, we will see.
    As for adding me on LIVE, here you go.
    DeusExMathias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DeusExMathias

This hadn't really been on my radar at all, but I'm warming to it.  I will, however, wait until I read some post-release reviews before I decide whether or not to pick it up - I don't think I'm ever again going to pre-order or buy a new IP on release date.  Been burned too many times. 

~Deus

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.