Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Mordecai's Complete Skill Tree

Vintoks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Vintoks

I browsed around and didn't see anyone post this up yet. Anyway Mordecai's full skill set has been revealed from this article here:

http://multiplayerbl...ter/#more-26906

Here is the body of the article for people to have some fun speculating and dreaming up their own sniper build.

*Spoilers*
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

HUNTER SKILL TREE
    (Note: The level cap is 50, with a skill point added for each level starting at 5. The Special Ability skill only requires one point to max out, leaving 40 points to spend in the other skills. Each skill can be maxed out with 5 points, so you could max out the top tier skills in two of the trees, if you wish.)

Special Ability: Bloodwing
    Gain the ability to send your pet Bloodwing out to attack an enemy and then return. (Cooldown: 28 seconds)
    -
    -
    SNIPER TREE
    Sniper Tree Tier 1:
    Focus – Increases accuracy with all weapon types. (First level: +5% Accuracy. Sniper Rifle sway: -10%)

Caliber – Increases damage with Sniper Rifles. (First level: +4% Sniper Rifle damage.)

Sniper Tree Tier 2:
    Smirk – All players on your team (including you) gain additional experience when you kill an enemy with a critical hit. (First level: +3%)

Killer – Killing an enemy increases your Damage and Reload Speed with all guns for a few seconds. (First level: +8%. Reload Speed +6%)

Sniper Tree Tier 3:
    Loaded – Increases Magazine Capacity with Sniper Rifles. (First level: Magazine Capacity +14%)

Carrion Call – Shooting an enemy with a Sniper Rifle reduces the cooldown of your Bloodwing. (First level: Cooldown reduction per hit: 0.8 seconds).

Sniper Tree Tier 4:
    Trespass – Your bullets have a chance to ignore shields. Also slightly increases Bullet Damage. (First level: 20% chance to penetrate shields. 1% Bullet Damage.)
    -
    -
    ROGUE TREE
    Rogue Tree Tier 1:
    Swift Strike – Increases Bloodwing Damage and movement speed. (First level: +20% Bloodwing Damage, +8% Bloodwing Speed)

Swipe – The Bloodwing causes enemies to drop additional money, ammo and healing items when it attacks. (First level: Maximum number of additional items dropped: 1)

Rogue Tree Tier 2:
    Fast Hands – Increases reload speed with all weapon types. (First level: +8%)

Out for Blood – When your Bloodwing strikes an enemy you gain health based on the amount of damage done. (First level: Percentage of damage converted to health: 7%)

Rogue Tree Tier 3:
    Aerial Impact – Attacks from your Bloodwing can Daze enemies, reducing their movement speed and accuracy. (First level: Chance to Daze vs. an equal level enemy: 20%)

Ransack – Killing an enemy increases the amount of loot you get from other enemies killed for a few seconds. (First level: Chance to drop an additional item: 20%)

Rogue Tree Tier 4:
    Bird of Prey – Increases the number of targets the Bloodwing can attack before returning. (First level: The Bloodwing attacks up to 2 targets).
    -
    -
    GUNSLINGER TREE
    Gunslinger Tree Tier 1:
    Deadly - Increases Critical Hit Damage (First level: +6% Critical Hit Damage).

Gun Crazy – When using pistols you have a chance to fire 2 shots with each pull of the trigger instead of just 1. (First level: 8% chance to fire 2 shots.)

Gunslinger Tree Tier 2:
    Lethal Strike – Increases melee damage. Also, every melee attack has a 35% chance to be a Lethal Strike and deal extremely high damage. (First level: Melee Damage +10%, Lethal Strikes deal +100% damage.)

Riotous Remedy – Killing an enemy gives you chaotic health regeneration for a few seconds. (First level: You can be healed for up to 3% of your maximum Health over 7 seconds).

Gunslinger Tree Tier 3:
    Predator – Decreases the cooldown of your pet Bloodwing. (First level: Bloodwing Cooldown reduced by 3 seconds.)

Hair Trigger – Increases Fire Rate and Magazine Size with pistols. (First level: Fire rate: +4%, Magazine Size: +6%)

Gunslinger Tree Tier 4:
    Relentless – Killing an enemy increases your fire rate and gives every bullet fired a 25% chance to be a Killer Shot and deal additional damage. This effect lasts a few seconds. (First level: Fire Rate: +8%, Killer Shot damage: +20%)    
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

Nice find. I think I'll be playing as Roland, but Mordecai is a much cooler name

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By mordukai

They stole my fucking name...the bastards. 

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By pause422

I hope over the next few weeks they reveal other trees as well. I really want to see the girls tree, since she is the character I know the absolute least about. Soldier and the big guy seem pretty obvious what type of character they are, though seeing even just one more of any would make me happy.

Nice find :P

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By NinjaHunter

Cool, I'm trying to decide whether I would want to play as Mordecai or Lilith so hopefully her skill tree gets released before the game comes out as well.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#6  Edited By citizenkane

Awesome.  I want to see the skill tree of Roland, who I will play as.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9
    deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Lillith FTW!

Neopezz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Neopezz

Hopefully they release one for every character.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By pause422
    @Neopezz said:
    " Hopefully they release one for every character. "
    On the first thing written on the top of the page it says "over the next few days we will give info and trees of every character", so they will, hopefully before the week is over :)
    Neopezz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Neopezz
    @pause422: Ah, I didn't read the actual article. Now I feel silly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.