New DLC-

#1 Posted by Ferginator4k (737 posts) -

Has there been any announcements regarding new DLC following Secret Armory of General Knoxx, or is that it?

#2 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

We'll have to wait and see, they never said that Knoxx would be the last DLC.

#3 Edited by Bionicicide (1213 posts) -

Borderlands:GotY edition rumors signify no more DLC since all the DLC would be in there, presumably.

#4 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Argh you got my hopes up!

When I saw the rumors of a GOTY edition I got kinda sad because that will probably mean the end of more DLC, and no real news on the sequel either.
I love the Borderlands world, I want more Moxxie! More Jacobs ripping you off at every turn, more Claptraps commanding thee bridges to descend!

#5 Posted by mordecaix7 (657 posts) -

I still have to pick up the General Knoxx DLC, but it is sad to note that there will probably be no more DLC.  I am glad however that Red Dead Redemption will see a ton of DLC support all within the next five months.

#6 Posted by DeF (4692 posts) -

still not sure if I should just buy the general knoxx DLC or just sell my copy of borderlands and get the GOTY edition when it's out (I tend to feel "safer" with DLC stuff on a disc)

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

" Argh you got my hopes up!  When I saw the rumors of a GOTY edition I got kinda sad because that will probably mean the end of more DLC, and no real news on the sequel either. I love the Borderlands world, I want more Moxxie! More Jacobs ripping you off at every turn, more Claptraps commanding thee bridges to descend! "

didn't they say they're gonna do a sequel shortly after borderlands came out?
#7 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@DeF: 
Yup they said that, and then it got awfully quiet.
Which is a shame since General Knoxx is the best DLC I have ever played, especially for its price tag!
Did you play Zombie Island yet? Mad Moxxi is alright but gets boring quickly and repetitive, good fun with friends tho.
Zombie Island is decent enough for its price, so unless you crave for more Borderlands right now, you can wait for the GOTY I suppose, but there's like no info on it!
#8 Posted by DeF (4692 posts) -
@TaliciaDragonsong: 

Oh, right. I forgot to mention that I already got Dr. Ned's Zombie Island. I haven't finished it though cause I thought I should wait until I get general knoxx so the XP I gain gets put to use for new levels :D

My gaming plate is extremely (and overly) full anyway, so I might just hold off until the GOTY edition gets announced with price and all.
#9 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@DeF: 

Well as I said then, you aching for more Borderlands, it's probably the best thing ever, even more so with friends. Lots of story in it and return of some old fav's.
But, if you're busy with other games, waiting never hurts! 

Now lets hope we get some info on the sequel soon :(
#10 Posted by OmegaPirate (5518 posts) -

I really liked Borderlands, and me and the Mrs tore through it picking up every achievement across 2 playthroughs! 
We bought the Zombie Dlc, got every point and finished that. 
Then we picked up the underdome, and THAT was a a mistake, but regardless we plowed through and between the two of us splti screen, managed to get every point from that too! 

Then came The armory DLC - we had heard so much good news about this DLC, about how it was the best one, with the best drops! an epic boss fight! and improved animations and whatnot, 

First impression was that the draw distance was reduced - a LOT 
Like unless you were stood centimetres away from any surface, the textures were a blur - this is split screen co-op on the 360 to be fair, but the original game was much more friendly with its Draw distance - so after this initial disappointment we decided to carry on through and get our loot lust going again. 
Now I don't mean to sound like a 'OMGZ UBER GAMER' - but im pretty good at games, and bear in mind between just the 2 of us split screen we managed every achievement from the underdome, so we know our way around the game and how to play it. 
So when it got to the point that individual enemies were killing us both in seconds in general knoxx dlc - where neither of us could make it down the highway without getting killed , and then respawning half way down the highway, but all the flying robots we couldnt kill were hanging around the respawn point and spawncamping us over and over? and none of our weapons did ANY damage?! 

Thats where borderlands died for us - we tried so damn hard but the last DLC made it nigh on impossible to progress, we made it to where you meet moxxie in the bar (i think) and that was it, the journey back from there resulted in death and spawnkill for hours and hours - which is a shame, i'm not sure what we did wrong somewhere along the line, but continuously getting our asses kicked made us just hands up surrender to the fact we wasted those MS points, and that hopefully a new dlc or sequel may quench our thirst. 

Damn you borderlands, damn you to hell! 

#11 Posted by Ferginator4k (737 posts) -

I think Knoxx is supposed to be like that.

#12 Posted by Yummylee (20582 posts) -

They did say that they were working on more soon after Knoxx was released. But I imagine it's been scrapped since nothing has been updated upto now.

#13 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

They've probably moved on to work on Borderlands 2. Take Two did say that it was such a surprise hit that they would serialize it.

#14 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1594 posts) -

2K said shortly after General Knoxx was released that they ordered another DLC pack from Gearbox, but from the sounds of it, that's not going to happen. I heard Gearbox recently held a postmortem meeting for Borderlands, but that's it. No idea what was discussed exactly, just that it happened. GBX may not even patch the game to scale the other areas up to level 61, or at least not for a long time. I seriously doubt Borderlands 2 will be happening for awhile. They still have Aliens: Colonial Marines to finish up and get out the door, not to mention that Z-Day name they recently bought the rights to and the possibility of another Brothers in Arms, and whatever other projects they've got going on. I wouldn't expect any sort of info on BL2 until late next year at the earliest.

#15 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

They said they will continue to support this title. 

#16 Posted by markini6 (444 posts) -

I remember seeing a news article saying that Take 2 had trademarked the name "Borderworlds", which got me pretty excited :)

#17 Posted by JellyFish_Gsus (769 posts) -

"  Take-Two president and CEO Ben Feder announced during the company's fiscal 2010 first quarter financial call this afternoon that Borderlands will be getting more downloadable content in the future. "  Source

#18 Posted by dudeglove (7254 posts) -

I think I remember hearing something along the lines of "More Borderlands DLC is a no-brainer" (in the sense that "of course we're gonna fuckin do it!") I'm curious as to what direction they'll go. A Claptrap related spin-off would be good, but I'd like to beat up more of the Eridian dudes. Weren't enough of them by far in vanilla, just fucking skags everywhere.

#19 Posted by EnchantedEcho (729 posts) -

I'm pretty sure that there is going to be more downloadable content, I remember recieving a press release from 2K, stating so.
Oop, JellyFish_Gsus beat me to the punch.
@JellyFish_Gsus said:

" "  Take-Two president and CEO Ben Feder announced during the company's fiscal 2010 first quarter financial call this afternoon that Borderlands will be getting more downloadable content in the future. "  Source "

#20 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@OmegaPirate: 

Tried going back to the normal content and gaining a level?
I had the exact same thing as you described, so I went back and gained a level and when I returned to Knoxx it was still hard, but not impossible.
The challenge made the DLC great, and you should not miss out on this because of your level!

If you loved everything before it, this is what you need to play, go go!
#21 Posted by Kiro (288 posts) -

Knoxx is probably the single best DLC for anything ever. I've got more value out of those 10$ then I have out of some full price retail games. Borderlands is brilliant. I played through the campaign first solo, and while i thought it was alright, I couldn't understand what the ridiculous hype was about. But then I played it Coop, and man if it wasn't entirely another game. 

If Gearbox can make some more DLC on the level of Secret Armory of General Knoxx I'm thrilled and I'll gladly sell my soul to play it if that's what it takes

#22 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
" Argh you got my hopes up! "
And no. I'm pretty sure they all-but confirmed that General Knoxx was the last one. A hell of a way to go out. My favorite dlc for any video game to date.
#23 Posted by Helimocopter (369 posts) -

i want to be able to kill a claptrap
that is all

#24 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5235 posts) -
@OmegaPirate said:
 but all the flying robots we couldnt kill were hanging around the respawn point and spawncamping us over and over? and none of our weapons did ANY damage?!

Level up a little bit more, as I noticed even being 2 or so levels down can make the game brutally hard. Also shock weapons are your friends. I have 6 shot 4x shock revolver and I can take those damn robots down in 2-3 well placed shots.
#25 Edited by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

I have yet to make a complete play-through of Borderlands. I started the Zombie Island DLC and haven't gone back to finish that :/. I think part of the reason was this occasion when I was in a group an these two lower level guys were beating me in duels. Didn't think I was that bad at the game.

@mordecaix7

said:

" I still have to pick up the General Knoxx DLC, but it is sad to note that there will probably be no more DLC.  I am glad however that Red Dead Redemption will see a ton of DLC support all within the next five months. "

What an odd thing to say in a topic about Borderlands DLC. Mediocre sandbox games need not apply!
#26 Posted by mordecaix7 (657 posts) -
@sofacitysweetheart said:
"Mediocre sandbox games need not apply! "
To each their own opinion.
#27 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -
@mordecaix7: Yes. I'm so happy Kane & Lynch is coming out like next month.

BORDERLANDS!
#28 Posted by totriz (21 posts) -

General KnoXX Twitter account just updated: 
http://twitter.com/GeneralKnoXX  

tap. tap. is this on? had to turn my tweetergramming machine back on. just got some new orders. (sent from the future.)

let's hope we get some news soon    
#29 Posted by locolukah (112 posts) -
@totriz said:
" General KnoXX Twitter account just updated: 
http://twitter.com/GeneralKnoXX  

tap. tap. is this on? had to turn my tweetergramming machine back on. just got some new orders. (sent from the future.)

let's hope we get some news soon     "
Awesome...
*crosses fingers*
#30 Posted by jakob187 (21505 posts) -

Can't wait for the new DLC to be announced!  General Knoxx was a damn good piece of DLC by the time the difficulty curve got worked out on it.

#31 Posted by Crimson_ (14 posts) -

I've read somewhere that General Knxx won't be the last DLC. Maybe, they will release a new one in time for the GOTY edition? Would've be awesome. I'll try to find the site that said that it won't be the last DLC

#32 Posted by JellyFish_Gsus (769 posts) -
#33 Posted by tmlim (212 posts) -
#34 Posted by Gaspatchosoup (43 posts) -

This game is outstanding it really needs more dlc

#35 Posted by Bobby (87 posts) -

So long as the new DLC isn't like Underdome Riot, I will certainly getchuone!

#36 Posted by Supermarius (1196 posts) -
@Bobby said:
" So long as the new DLC isn't like Underdome Riot, I will certainly getchuone! "
well hopefully they were so quite cause they have been hard at work. Its going to be hard to top knoxx though.
#37 Posted by AZChristopher (93 posts) -
@Supermarius said:
" @Bobby said:
" So long as the new DLC isn't like Underdome Riot, I will certainly getchuone! "
well hopefully they were so quite cause they have been hard at work. Its going to be hard to top knoxx though. "
They sure have been pretty quiet about it. Makes you wonder how huge it will be!
#38 Posted by alternate (2655 posts) -

I would guess a borderlands 2 / borderworlds target of holiday 2011 so can't see any more DLC now.

#39 Posted by Bobby (87 posts) -
@Supermarius: All I ask is that the description of it be "It's like Knoxx, but without all the damn driving."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.