One question about the GOTY edition

#1 Posted by Milkman (16811 posts) -

Will it have separate achievements? This is the defining factor here. 

#2 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2156 posts) -
@Milkman said:

" Will it have separate achievements? This is the defining factor here.  "

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Do mean will it have achievements for each DLC?    
#3 Posted by Vonocourt (2130 posts) -

I highly doubt it.

#4 Posted by B0nd07 (1699 posts) -
@Manhattan_Project said:
" @Milkman said:

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Do mean will it have achievements for each DLC?     "
I'm also not entirely sure what you're asking.
#5 Edited by Milkman (16811 posts) -
@B0nd07:
@Manhattan_Project said:

" @Milkman said:

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Do mean will it have achievements for each DLC?     "
I mean, will it show up as a different game like the Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY edition?  

Sorry if that wasn't clear.
#6 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Milkman said:
" @B0nd07:
@Manhattan_Project said:

" @Milkman said:

I mean, will it show up as a different game like the Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY edition?   Sorry if that wasn't clear. "
No it will not. Its just all the DLC in a pack. Batman AA was unique in that way. 
#7 Posted by B0nd07 (1699 posts) -
@Milkman:  Ah.  Probably not.
#8 Edited by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

As mentioned by The_Laughing_Man AA was unique in how it handled the GOTY Edition, however currently the Borderlands DLC achievements are kept together and there probably not going to change that.

#9 Edited by Brackynews (4083 posts) -

I was thinking that another game did GOTY achievements before Batman, but apparently Oblivion's GOTY was the only version of the game released in Japan?  So that really falls under a region change, if the GOTY disc here was the same as before.

If they go the same route as Fallout 3, it will come with a second disc to install the DLC packs on to the hard drive.  No opportunity to play "from the disc" there.  Not standalone like Episodes from Liberty City.  Seeing as I install everything to HD when I can, it's hard to fuss about the difference nowadays. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.