Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

People been playing Borderlands 2, I've been playing Borderlands!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

Edited By Hizang

Borderlands 2 was a week or two away from being released, I was all ready to jump straight in and play some of that action. I had played about an hour of Borderlands before but just never wanted to go back and play more. I felt bad because I heard that game was amazing, but hey I was about to play the sequel that was better in every way. But i thought to myself, If I went straight into Borderlands 2, I would most likely never come back and play Borderlands, so I did the ridiculous thing and went out and did some game hunting.

Finding Borderlands was easy, but I thought if I'm going to get it I may as well get the Game of the Year edition. You know, for all that DLC I will probably never touch! So I went round and round multiple shops until I tracked one down, I paid about £20 for it which really was a good deal considering it comes with all DLC. I take it home, input the code, it's already been used. So I say fuck it and go and download all of the DLC anyway, setting me back an extra bunch of money. But hey I now had everything I wanted to play the game, so in I went.

I decided to go with the Siren, when I played it before I went with the Hunter, despite his cool bird I didn't find myself using Snipers too much. I soon found myself enjoying the Sirens ability, I found it very useful for both running away when things got to much and when I wanted to get up close to a dude. It was also handy for when you have long stretches of land to cover on foot. I played through most of the game with Pistols, SMG's and Shotguns, with my overall favourite being the Shotgun. I rarely use Shotguns in First Person Shooters, I hate how sucky there range is and generally how inaccurate they are. But for some reason they work really well in Borderlands, I ended up settling on a golden shotgun that had a decent damage but had a great chance of causing explosions. There is so much fucking loot in this game, god damn there is just so much. I ended up towards the end just not picking anything up unless its money or ammo and purple weapons. I had found a bunch of those claptraps so my inventory was nice and big, but it filled up very quickly.

The alien weapons are something weird though, there never explained really in the story and suddenly alien enemy types appear and I'm like where the fuck did you guys spring from!? Those armoured lance guys were pretty annoying. Luckily I had this sweet SMG that was slow firing but caused fire damage and could take guys out fast. All other enemies were generally quite easy, minus that flying moth thing that I wanted to run up and stab. The car action in this game is just weird, I don't particularly like the way you control it, fighting in them is not my style either so when it was a car combat sequence I would get out and just shoot the car. The last boss was quite difficult, until I realised I could stand in a spot where he could not hit me! I managed to beat the game at level 36, I'm guessing about 30+ Hours and thats with doing all of the side quests in the game.

I'm very happy I played this game, I would have hated to have never played it. I feel like I'm ready to jump into Borderlands 2, but I know I will get 4 hours in and not want to play anymore. So looks like I'll be playing it around the time Borderlands 3 comes out. Borderlands is easily one of the best games I have played this year, fuck new releases!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Hizang

Borderlands 2 was a week or two away from being released, I was all ready to jump straight in and play some of that action. I had played about an hour of Borderlands before but just never wanted to go back and play more. I felt bad because I heard that game was amazing, but hey I was about to play the sequel that was better in every way. But i thought to myself, If I went straight into Borderlands 2, I would most likely never come back and play Borderlands, so I did the ridiculous thing and went out and did some game hunting.

Finding Borderlands was easy, but I thought if I'm going to get it I may as well get the Game of the Year edition. You know, for all that DLC I will probably never touch! So I went round and round multiple shops until I tracked one down, I paid about £20 for it which really was a good deal considering it comes with all DLC. I take it home, input the code, it's already been used. So I say fuck it and go and download all of the DLC anyway, setting me back an extra bunch of money. But hey I now had everything I wanted to play the game, so in I went.

I decided to go with the Siren, when I played it before I went with the Hunter, despite his cool bird I didn't find myself using Snipers too much. I soon found myself enjoying the Sirens ability, I found it very useful for both running away when things got to much and when I wanted to get up close to a dude. It was also handy for when you have long stretches of land to cover on foot. I played through most of the game with Pistols, SMG's and Shotguns, with my overall favourite being the Shotgun. I rarely use Shotguns in First Person Shooters, I hate how sucky there range is and generally how inaccurate they are. But for some reason they work really well in Borderlands, I ended up settling on a golden shotgun that had a decent damage but had a great chance of causing explosions. There is so much fucking loot in this game, god damn there is just so much. I ended up towards the end just not picking anything up unless its money or ammo and purple weapons. I had found a bunch of those claptraps so my inventory was nice and big, but it filled up very quickly.

The alien weapons are something weird though, there never explained really in the story and suddenly alien enemy types appear and I'm like where the fuck did you guys spring from!? Those armoured lance guys were pretty annoying. Luckily I had this sweet SMG that was slow firing but caused fire damage and could take guys out fast. All other enemies were generally quite easy, minus that flying moth thing that I wanted to run up and stab. The car action in this game is just weird, I don't particularly like the way you control it, fighting in them is not my style either so when it was a car combat sequence I would get out and just shoot the car. The last boss was quite difficult, until I realised I could stand in a spot where he could not hit me! I managed to beat the game at level 36, I'm guessing about 30+ Hours and thats with doing all of the side quests in the game.

I'm very happy I played this game, I would have hated to have never played it. I feel like I'm ready to jump into Borderlands 2, but I know I will get 4 hours in and not want to play anymore. So looks like I'll be playing it around the time Borderlands 3 comes out. Borderlands is easily one of the best games I have played this year, fuck new releases!

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Spoonman671

Secret Vinny account?

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Marcsman

Play the Zombie Island. It's some great DLC.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hizang

@Marcsman said:

Play the Zombie Island. It's some great DLC.

How long is each DLC, I kind of want to play it, but I have lots of other games to play. I have this sweet copy of Resident Evil 6 here, also next week Pokemon!

EDIT - I tried once more to play Resident Evil 6, I just can't, it's such a bad game.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Marcsman

Not too long. I only did the Zombie Island which is fun and General Knoxx. I don't want to give away General Knoxx's story but I could not beat it in a single playthrough. I do not think it is possible in a single playthrough. Also the shotgun rules in the Zombie Island.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By lego_my_eggo

I just started playing this as well. So far it is very fun, but i jumped into a few random co-op games and it seams to be messing up my quest progress and random people starting quests for me somehow. Is yours the 360 version? my game of the year version came with all the DLC ready to install from the disk no problems, but i have the ps3 version.

BatmanBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By BatmanBatman

I didn't read all that you wrote , but yeah I still need to finish the first one ...

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hizang

@Lego_My_Eggo said:

I just started playing this as well. So far it is very fun, but i jumped into a few random co-op games and it seams to be messing up my quest progress and random people starting quests for me somehow. Is yours the 360 version? my game of the year version came with all the DLC ready to install from the disk no problems, but i have the ps3 version.

I stuck with no co-op, to be honest I'm not a fan of playing online co-op. I don't like to rush, so I don't want to be with a guy who is just go go all the time.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MideonNViscera

haha Mothrak, yeah, he was a real fucking bastard. I outleveled his quest by at least 10 levels before I went back and took him down.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hizang

@MideonNViscera: I did too, he always destroyed me.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Dalai

I've played through a solid chunk of Borderlands 2, but I really need to finish some of the Borderlands DLC. I haven't touched the General Knoxx or Claptrap stuff yet.

So yeah, Borderlands is a great game.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hitchenson

I've got 16 days of playtime under my belt on the first Borderlands (on a single char. Yep), I fucking love it. I've netted over 100 hours on Blands 2 now as well. I have a crippling addiction to gun-loot.

karatetron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By karatetron

I've been pulling a Vinny as well.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hizang

I think the Borderlands DLC would be good for Extra Life, I may save some for that.

@karatetron said:

I've been pulling a Vinny as well.

I generally follow his laws, I finished the first Assassins Creed this year in hopes I would play through them all so I'm ready for three. But I beat one and it was really good, but then I burnt out so didn't play two, I will play two before the end of the year.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Borderlands 2: The Bee ; Borderlands: Hellfire

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By _Zombie_

I'd definitely recommend Zombie Island of Dr. Ned. It's an insanely fun DLC. Not terribly long, but not short, either.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By morningstar

Same here. But I'm often a year or two behind on releases.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By audiosnow

I went back and finished up the achievements for Borderlands a fortnight ago. I had sixteen or so left, but most were just a matter of actually sitting down and taking the time to complete them. All told they took probably ten to fifteen hours.

When I finished, I assumed I'd be in no mood for more Borderlands.

I was wrong.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By colourful_hippie

I'm glad I finished the first game when it came out so I wouldn't feel all that tired of more Borderlands when I jumped into 2.

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By slax

My friend and I did this same thing. When Borderlands GOTY was on a Steam sale for like 7.49 or something ridiculous a couple months ago, we got a couple copies. I had beaten it on consoles back when it first came out, but im still having a lot of fun doing it again.
    I already bought Borderlands 2, just have to get through all this DLC first.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By penguindust

I replayed the first one for the third time a few months ago, and am now deep into B2. I focused on the Siren the first time and am now continuing with that character. I just love the DOTs she has. Her power from the first game was really useful especially at higher levels provided you spec'd so she'd gain health when Phasewalking. The new Siren's power isn't quite as useful soloing, but I'm only level 19, so perhaps it gets better later. It took me that many levels to get my elemental, shields and reload rate up to snuff. The sequel is much harder than the first so far, but just as enjoyable. I'm really digging it, but I feel like I could have more quests going on at once in the former. Also the job boards have had very few jobs so far which feels weird. Maybe things will open up now that I have returned to Sanctuary.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By mosespippy

I think you should still be picking up blue loot. I've been a level 50 for about a week now in Borderlands 2 and the best revolver I have found is a blue. I've found 2 better blue revolvers in the past week but none of the purples that I have found have come close to being as good. I also saw a couple friends orange SMGs and I had 4 purple SMGs that were better.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Aetheldod

Funny thing ... as folks were playing borderlands 2 I was replaying the first game too :P

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By fattony12000
    Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I can't believe Borderlands is 3 years old now.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Funrush

@Hizang said:

Yeah, I hate how the add codes to download the DLC, like they couldn't have put it on the disc (or a seperate one). I know buying it new does help the devs, but that $5-$10 does matter to me, and not getting the full product because of it is irritating.

Currently playing through it as a soldier, was considering Hunter, but I like fighting at long range more, and sniping seems impractical at some points. Haven't played the class yet, so I may be wrong.

karatetron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By karatetron

Just beat the main story. Wow, they weren't kidding about the ending.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hizang

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.