Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Quick Question About Borderlands GOTY Edition

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Interfect

Does anyone know if the Borderlands GOTY trophies/achievements are different from the original game? I platinumed  the original and I don't have it anymore, but now I've been itching to play it. And I'm wondering if the trophies are different because if so I might just but the GOTY edition.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

I think it's one game...don't quote me on it.

It's not like Batman.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Interfect said:

" Does anyone know if the Borderlands GOTY trophies/achievements are different from the original game? I platinumed  the original and I don't have it anymore, but now I've been itching to play it. And I'm wondering if the trophies are different because if so I might just but the GOTY edition. "

Same game. You wont get any more trophies. The DLC is not on the disk. You will get a voucher to down load it. 
    PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By PerryVandell

It's the same game, you just get the codes to download all the DLC for the game.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

That pissed me off about Batman. All I wanted to do was get a couple more achievements that I had missed before. So I picked up the GOTY edition on the cheap, and lo and behold, it's an entirely new set of achievements. 

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Interfect
    @KaosAngel:  @The_Laughing_Man:  Thanks guys. I probably will just borrow it from a friend than instead of buying GOTY edition. Maybe they wouldn't mind going half and half on Underdome and Claptrap and game share it.

@PrivateIronTFU: Maybe to get pumped for Arkham City I'll buy GOTY edition and go through it again on hard, just one quick play through.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Interfect said:
    " @KaosAngel:  @The_Laughing_Man:  Thanks guys. I probably will just borrow it from a friend than instead of buying GOTY edition. Maybe they wouldn't mind going half and half on Underdome and Claptrap and game share it.

@PrivateIronTFU: Maybe to get pumped for Arkham City I'll buy GOTY edition and go through it again on hard, just one quick play through.
    "
    Do not play Underdome. Its massive shit. 
    Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Interfect
    @The_Laughing_Man: But I'm a fan of stuff like Ratchet Deadlocked and love those arena type stuff. Is it really not worth it at all. even if I pay for half and game share with a friend?
    PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PrivateIronTFU
    @Interfect: Yeah, that's pretty much what I did. It really doesn't take long at all. That game is much shorter than I remember. Maybe because the first time I was scrounging for Riddler Trophies and such.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Interfect said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: But I'm a fan of stuff like Ratchet Deadlocked and love those arena type stuff. Is it really not worth it at all. even if I pay for half and game share with a friend? "
    Underdome is the worst DLC I have ever seen. This is far from Deadlock. This is near 3 days worth of the same shit over and over and over. No money. No EXP. No weapon skill increase. 
    Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Interfect
    @PrivateIronTFU: Alright. My Gamestop has it for 29.99 I'll totally buy it and get pumped for Arkham city.
    cartvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By cartvader
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Interfect said:

" Does anyone know if the Borderlands GOTY trophies/achievements are different from the original game? I platinumed  the original and I don't have it anymore, but now I've been itching to play it. And I'm wondering if the trophies are different because if so I might just but the GOTY edition. "

Same game. You wont get any more trophies. The DLC is not on the disk. You will get a voucher to down load it.  "
    They have actually released a version of this that comes with the DLC on the disc.  This is relatively new.  You can tell if the package does not state that it comes with tokens to download the dlc.

Don't know about the achievements though.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @cartvader said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Interfect said:

Same game. You wont get any more trophies. The DLC is not on the disk. You will get a voucher to down load it.  "
    They have actually released a version of this that comes with the DLC on the disc.  This is relatively new.  You can tell if the package does not state that it comes with tokens to download the dlc.

Don't know about the achievements though.
    "
    Its all the same game. You will not get extra points or anything. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.