Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Revisiting Pandora... the one without blue aliens... or trees.

Enigmatical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Edited By Enigmatical

Did Gearbox make a game specifically for me?  Probably not, but I've been searching for a game like Borderlands for years.  

Sorry, Hellgate: London... you came close, but just did not cut it.

In an attempt to create a new blog post weekly, I've decided to continue my trend of talking about what I've been playing... and what I've been playing is alot of Borderlands.

An unreasonable amount of Borderlands given that I have unfinished (and unopened) games on my shelf that desperately need attention and the new release of Final Fantasy XIII and God of War 3 are just begging for my hard-earned cash.  And somehow I have to still show up for raids against the nefarious Lich King.

And yet, I picked up Borderlands on the PC (along with all the DLC) through Steam.  Damn Steam for making it all just so easy.  

A friend of mine online was chatting about the newest DLC released for the game, General Knoxx's Armory, and how there's like a raid boss, all kinds of new quests, 11 new levels, a whole new tier of fancy cyan-colored weapons, and literally as he is talking about all these new features I'm purchasing the entire game off Steam in preparation for a weekend of playing it with him and the rest of the guys online.

And we definitely did.  But I've also started playing Borderlands on my 360 again.  My main reason for that?  Achievements mostly.

So the draw on the PC is that my friends are on there and 4-player Borderlands is beyond fun (Kudos to Gearbox for actively ramping up the difficultly, i.e. spawning more enemies, as more players join).  The draw on the 360 is my (probably futile) attempt to complete all of the available DLC solo.

I am playing a Siren though so I have a good chance of achieving at least the single-player goal right?... right? >.>;;

As an aside, has anybody else bought essentially two (or more) copies of a game to play it on multiple platforms?  I just wanna gauge where I fall on Crazy Gamer scale this week.

Enigmatical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Enigmatical

Did Gearbox make a game specifically for me?  Probably not, but I've been searching for a game like Borderlands for years.  

Sorry, Hellgate: London... you came close, but just did not cut it.

In an attempt to create a new blog post weekly, I've decided to continue my trend of talking about what I've been playing... and what I've been playing is alot of Borderlands.

An unreasonable amount of Borderlands given that I have unfinished (and unopened) games on my shelf that desperately need attention and the new release of Final Fantasy XIII and God of War 3 are just begging for my hard-earned cash.  And somehow I have to still show up for raids against the nefarious Lich King.

And yet, I picked up Borderlands on the PC (along with all the DLC) through Steam.  Damn Steam for making it all just so easy.  

A friend of mine online was chatting about the newest DLC released for the game, General Knoxx's Armory, and how there's like a raid boss, all kinds of new quests, 11 new levels, a whole new tier of fancy cyan-colored weapons, and literally as he is talking about all these new features I'm purchasing the entire game off Steam in preparation for a weekend of playing it with him and the rest of the guys online.

And we definitely did.  But I've also started playing Borderlands on my 360 again.  My main reason for that?  Achievements mostly.

So the draw on the PC is that my friends are on there and 4-player Borderlands is beyond fun (Kudos to Gearbox for actively ramping up the difficultly, i.e. spawning more enemies, as more players join).  The draw on the 360 is my (probably futile) attempt to complete all of the available DLC solo.

I am playing a Siren though so I have a good chance of achieving at least the single-player goal right?... right? >.>;;

As an aside, has anybody else bought essentially two (or more) copies of a game to play it on multiple platforms?  I just wanna gauge where I fall on Crazy Gamer scale this week.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
    deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

I bought Marvel: Ultimate Alliance for my PSP first then my 360, because I wanted achievements and it was free after buying two Christmas presents for my family.

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @Enigmatical: Hellgate: London's idea to me was really good. Sadly, how it was made... didn't really appeal that well.
    owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By owl_of_minerva

I have both PC and 360 versions of Borderlands, as my initial plans to play with a friend on XBL fell through, and more of my friends are into the PC gaming scene.

Enigmatical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Enigmatical
    @owl_of_minerva: Exact same thing happened to me.  Everybody bought it on Steam when it was discounted and nobody plays it on Xbox anymore.
    Enigmatical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Enigmatical
    @Alphiehyr: They really talked the idea of Hellgate: London very well.  If Flagship had created the game they were selling at E3 the years prior to its released, it would have become my WoW-Killer.  Unfortunately, that wasn't the game they made...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.