Secret Claptrap in Fyrestone

#1 Posted by Falcon5008 (76 posts) -

There is a secret claptrap i have seen in fyrestone, and I've been wondering if it does anything. It is a green claptrap, and u can see it if you stand on the house in the starting point in Fyrestone (near Dr Zed) with the ammunition and weapons vending machines. So does it do anything?

#2 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

I don't have any helpful information, and for that I apologize. I just wanted to say that Claptrap is possibly the worst conceived videogame character ever.

Sorry to spam.

#3 Posted by jakob187 (21665 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
"I just wanted to say that Claptrap is possibly the worst conceived videogame character ever."
TAKE IT BACK!!! 

Also, I've seen that Claptrap.  I'm curious about him myself, as he keeps jumping up and down and screaming "HEY! I'M OVER HERE".  I'm wondering if it's something that was supposed to be deleted but wasn't (like IF Airport in WoW)...or if he's got some super-secret awesomeness waiting up there.
#4 Posted by Falcon5008 (76 posts) -
@jakob187:
maybe. i showed this to some people over xboxlive, and we think it is an easter egg. just something put in the game for the hell of it.
#5 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -
@MrKlorox: I will fight you.

Anyway, that secret Claptrap sounds interesting. I now know what I will spend the next half-hour doing.
#6 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -
@MrKlorox: But he dances!
#7 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

Its bugged me since i started the fucking game . I CANT FUCKING GET TO IT .  I tired for hours .

#8 Posted by h83r (468 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
" I don't have any helpful information, and for that I apologize. I just wanted to say that Claptrap is possibly the worst conceived videogame character ever.  Sorry to spam. "
If you had said that to me before I saw the little endgame cutscene, I would have agreed to some extent. But now, I'm afraid I have to completely disagree.

Ehm, anyway. I actually haven't seen said Claptrap, but I am now extremely curious about it.
#9 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -
@h83r said:
" @MrKlorox said:
" I don't have any helpful information, and for that I apologize. I just wanted to say that Claptrap is possibly the worst conceived videogame character ever.  Sorry to spam. "
If you had said that to me before I saw the little endgame cutscene, I would have agreed to some extent. But now, I'm afraid I have to completely disagree.  Ehm, anyway. I actually haven't seen said Claptrap, but I am now extremely curious about it. "
That snippet was great. For those who haven't seen it, have a little patience and wait out the credits after the game.
#10 Posted by Falcon5008 (76 posts) -
@End_Boss:
lol
#11 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

DAMMMM YOOOOOOOU !!!!
#12 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

Makes you appreciate the Gravity Gun just that little bit more. Probably an easter egg. Personally I just found the QR code on the postcards, what the hell?

#13 Edited by Chaser324 (6429 posts) -

I heard you have to get all 120 stars to make the cannon open up. Then, you shoot yourself up there and can ride around on the Claptrap.

Moderator Online
#14 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -
@Chaser324 said:
" I heard you have to get all 120 stars to make the cannon open up. Then, you shoot yourself up there and can ride around on the Claptrap. "
BALLIN'.
#15 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2483 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
I kinda liked the Claptraps. They reminded me of GiR from Invader Zim only less crazy & more into dancing.
#16 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@Falcon5008 said:
"

There is a secret claptrap i have seen in fyrestone, and I've been wondering if it does anything. It is a green claptrap, and u can see it if you stand on the house in the starting point in Fyrestone (near Dr Zed) with the ammunition and weapons vending machines. So does it do anything?

"

Is the claptrap green on your game ?
#17 Posted by jakob187 (21665 posts) -
@turbomonkey138 said:
" @Falcon5008 said:
"

"
Is the claptrap green on your game ? "
It's green and white on mine. 

@jonnyboy said:
" Makes you appreciate the Gravity Gun just that little bit more. Probably an easter egg. Personally I just found the QR code on the postcards, what the hell? "
QR code?  Wat? 

@Chaser324 said:
" I heard you have to get all 120 stars to make the cannon open up. Then, you shoot yourself up there and can ride around on the Claptrap. "
Most winningest comment ever!
#18 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -
@jakob187: I found some postcards in the game, with one of those pixel barcodes you can scan with your mobile phone where the stamp should be. Anyway the barcode brings up the text "NICK WILSON HO OH". I figure it's someone involved in it's production.
#19 Posted by jakob187 (21665 posts) -
@jonnyboy said:
" @jakob187: I found some postcards in the game, with one of those pixel barcodes you can scan with your mobile phone where the stamp should be. Anyway the barcode brings up the text "NICK WILSON HO OH". I figure it's someone involved in it's production. "
DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THAT! 

Upon further investigation, I believe this has the answers that you seek, sir.
#20 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -
@jakob187: Artist. Figured as much. Still, it probably means there's more stuff waiting to be found.
#21 Posted by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -

Everything I've heard about the Claptrap in the rocks leads me to believe it's a pointless easter egg. Which is kinda messed because it's too easily found to really be an easter egg. 

A lot of the Claptrap repair kits, logbooks, and weapon caches are harder to find than this guy, so you can see why everyone would think he would reward you with something.

#22 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" @jonnyboy said:
" @jakob187: I found some postcards in the game, with one of those pixel barcodes you can scan with your mobile phone where the stamp should be. Anyway the barcode brings up the text "NICK WILSON HO OH". I figure it's someone involved in it's production. "
DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THAT! 

Upon further investigation, I believe this has the answers that you seek, sir. "
That's pretty baddass. I wonder if anyone else at Gearbox knew Nick Wilson stashed that easter-egg there.
#23 Edited by MrRams (33 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

" @jonnyboy said:

DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THAT! 

Upon further investigation, I believe this has the answers that you seek, sir. "

Eurogamer expo girls were passing out badges with this on and asking if people knew what to do with it, i've seen the code a fair few times to be honest, one time that springs to mind is when you first enter the Dahl headlands and save scooters mate who's been shaggin his mum, it can be found on a table round there.

Oh and most claptraps i've found, obviously i've had to repair as they were damaged, and they give you increased inventory slots, in case you didnt know
#24 Posted by Bucketdeth (8007 posts) -
@Chaser324 said:
Does he give you a shit load of extra lives?
#25 Posted by Jothel (922 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
" @Chaser324 said:
Does he give you a shit load of extra lives? "
yeah and a better triple jump
#26 Posted by iHaxedAllReconCodez (135 posts) -
@Falcon5008 said:
"@jakob187: maybe. i showed this to some people over xboxlive, and we think it is an easter egg. just something put in the game for the hell of it. "

Most likely he's just an annoying easter egg. Game developers do that a lot just because they can.
#27 Posted by scarykid (3 posts) -

me and 3 friends got up there by knifing cars into fyrestone over the wall, then jumping them off the tires to the roof, and then stacking them and knifing them over the invisable wall in front of the clap trap. will post pics soon....

#28 Edited by scarykid (3 posts) -

there it is :D
#29 Edited by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
@Jothel said:

" @Bucketdeth said:

" @Chaser324 said:
Does he give you a shit load of extra lives? "
yeah and a better triple jump "
I once rode a clap trap, that's a different story though.
#30 Posted by Chaser324 (6429 posts) -
@Ineedaname: You should probably go see a doctor about that and stock up on some penicillin.
Moderator Online
#31 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@scarykid said:
"
there it is :D "
Explain a bit more about what's going on. I'm a bit confused at what I'm looking at.
#32 Posted by ezekielzero (183 posts) -
@scarykid said:
"
there it is :D "
ah gotta love some good old fasion exploitation of some hilarious things, i love how high the car flies when knifed, good job getting to it, its a good pic
#33 Posted by Chaser324 (6429 posts) -
@scarykid said:
"

This takes me back to the good old days when my friends and I would explore glitches in Halo 2.
Moderator Online
#34 Posted by Evilsbane (4595 posts) -
@scarykid: So he didn't say anything or do anything special?
#35 Posted by scarykid (3 posts) -

nope he did nothing, but it was fun getting to him. add me on XBL and i will show you how to get to him  GT: iiiPantiesiii

#36 Posted by AimingWandersly (179 posts) -
@scarykid: i don't know what i'm more impressed by: that you got up there or that you managed to play through borderlands on what looks to be a crt. kudos good sir!
#37 Posted by crak (1 posts) -

hey guys, i'm new to this site and was browsing the net about the claptrap, i still think it doesn't do anything but you can just jump to from the little crak in the wall just outside fyrestone, its a little tricky but with some patience and luck i was able to jump up and all the way to the claptrap. btw, if you do go there then ur gonna have to save and exit... i wasn't able to get out unforunatly.

#38 Posted by PenguinDust (12493 posts) -

Unless he's "leakin' oil" then I'm not too concerned, but it is a nice find.  I've never seen this 'bot before.

#39 Posted by Falcon5008 (76 posts) -
@scarykid: nice!!! =D
#40 Posted by OutOfBounds9000 (2300 posts) -

I found him too.

Hes so awesome =P

#41 Posted by jakew391 (2 posts) -

you can get up to the damn thing but if u look donw at the circles on the roof you see a arrow pointing towords the clap trap it fucking annoys me i want to know what he does!!!!!!!!!!

#42 Posted by ACEdue (1 posts) -
@scarykid:
I just started playing Borderlands and found this claptrap 'hidden' in Fyrestone.  I got up there by going through the gate past the cementary, making a right and going to the first crevace then using grenades to propel myself up into the rocks whilst jumping.  A series of blast assisted grenade jumps got me standing right next to that little bugger.  What a bummer when I got online here and found out HE DOES NOTHING...bastard claptrap.

#43 Posted by abrown739 (2 posts) -

That clap trap kinda looks like it would have something very important to do with the game. But then again it could just be because of its color. Those clap traps remind me so much of Gir. o.O

#44 Posted by abrown739 (2 posts) -

Come to think of it, when you are leaving Fyrestone there is a clap trap that lets you into the Dahl Headlands (if that's not what it;s called I apologize, I'm having a brain fart right now) that looks like that might be the clap trap on the rocks. I could be wrong I haven't gone back to check it out.

#45 Posted by dr_pineapple (197 posts) -
@MrKlorox: I loved Claptrap but he got annoying after about 10 lines of speech
#46 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10912 posts) -

ClapTraps are so funny. They dance and give inventory expansions. The should make a game where you play as the ClapTrap. Or have that be a special power in Borderlands 2. Or not, that would probably be a pretty bad idea. 

#47 Posted by schizogony (976 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
This post is not spam - far from it.  You, sir, not only speak the utmost truth but, in fact, have, in making this post, just made the most important post on this site; there is nothing - NOTHING - worse than Claptrap.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.