Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Should I sell unique weapons?

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By trylks

This question is probably quite stupid, but after playing Fable III (where weapons are meant to be collected) having not enough room in the inventory is causing me a cognitive dissonance. Unique weapons are not better than regular weapons, I find no reason to keep them, but selling them is a non-reversible AFAIK, so once sold they are gone for ever until the next playthrough (which may be never).

Fortunately I didn't play Katamari games yet.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By StarFoxA

There's really no point in keeping them if you're never going to use them. I only keep unique weapons that are novelties/have some humorous property.

I think one of the DLCs in Borderlands 1 adds storage space (Mad Moxxi?), but if you're talking about Borderlands 2 then you have tons of storage options (by Claptrap in Sanctuary, in Roland's room, and probably more that I'm blanking on).

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By trylks

Thank you. That's a good advice. I'm speaking about Borderlands 1. When you mention humorous properties you refer to something like T.K's Wave or are more humorous weapons out there? (shrinking weapons for instance). Could you put an example?

sqrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By sqrabbit

Only memorable unique gun I remember was the lvl 59+ version of the Chopper. I'm sure someone else remembers others, but I was using 2 or 3 Crawmerax pearlescent weapons when I finally stopped playing. I don't know if pearlescent ones are unique, but they were rare from farming him for a couple of weeks.

Here's a link for the Chopper.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

If you aren't using it, sell it.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Fredchuckdave

There's only a handful of unique weapons worth keeping no matter what in the vanilla game; the rest is just to your taste of variety. Hellfire, Defiler, and Ogre are the ones that come to mind at the moment; though you can get pretty amazing blues and greens like Helix Rocket launchers as well. You'll quickly discover how ridiculous overpowered certain elemental properties are with any of the above weapons. Element x4 + unique = gamebreakingly good.

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By laserguy

The only reason to keep weapons is the money. If you sell a weapon and die you lose money. Keep the weapon for later when you need the money.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.