Steam Achievements ?!?!

#1 Posted by G0rd0nFr33m4n (762 posts) -

Hey 

I'm looking at my copy of borderland on the pc from steam right now... ummm theres achievements now! 

They havn't unlocked for me yet/they're not working yet but they are there. 

Just thought Id let the public know. 

#2 Posted by G0rd0nFr33m4n (762 posts) -

Yeah looking at the complete list, all the achievements that are currently on the Xbox version including the ones introduced with the new DLCs are here on steam :)

#3 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

Awesome! I've played through most of the pC version and I might play through it again for some achievements.

#4 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

Hmm achievements makes anything better! More Borderlands because of achievements is fucking awesome! I've been looking for a reason to come back playing as I have played a massive amount when it was released. This might make me bust out a new character.

#5 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

Yeah just noticed this, I haven't actually finished the game once though so this means im definitely going to finish it at least 3 :3

#6 Posted by GetBentTheVideoGame (261 posts) -

THE PATCH! IT'S DOWNLOADING RIGHT NOW!!

#7 Posted by Kamikaze_Tutor (157 posts) -

800mb update for a bunch of achievements and some logitec keyboard support? Wow.
Anyway, I hope the game reads my savegame and gives me all the cheevos I can't unlock anymore. Oh who am I kidding?

#8 Posted by Cwaff (1260 posts) -

Wow, thats good news, I always felt like I was missing out on random achievements on the pc.

#9 Posted by GetBentTheVideoGame (261 posts) -

Apparently it auto-unlocks any achievements you've already gotten.

#10 Edited by Kamikaze_Tutor (157 posts) -

Now that I think about it, I recall some type of grinding progress appearing on my screen like "treasure hunter" or "scag killer", something like that.

Edit: Yep! I just loaded the game and got 12 achievements

#11 Posted by Marz (5642 posts) -

looks like i gotta start playing some borderlands again.

#12 Edited by jeffsworld (1 posts) -

Since Borderlands is using Steamworks does this mean they have removed Secure-rom? 

#13 Posted by kwyee (234 posts) -
@GetBentTheVideoGame said:
" Apparently it auto-unlocks any achievements you've already gotten. "
sweet  

This update gives me reason to go back to Pandora.  Yay achievements breathing new life to games!
#14 Posted by artofwar420 (6251 posts) -

@GetBentTheVideoGame said:

"Apparently it auto-unlocks any achievements you've already gotten. "

This is the best day ever. So much joy. Having already spent 132 hours on this game I finally have actual achievements to show. And it gives me more incentive to keep going on the Knoxx dlc.

#15 Posted by rybrad (143 posts) -

So does anyone have the And They Will Tell Two Friends achievement?  That is the one to play co-op with a GearBox employee which seems pretty unlikely at this point in the game...

Also, here is a list of which achievements are retroactive and more:  http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=108833

#16 Posted by Chris2KLee (2329 posts) -

Oh man, here I go again, time to start a new game. SWEAT CHIEVEOs!

#17 Posted by onimonkii (2429 posts) -

does anyone know if they finally fixed the moxxi long tournament quest not unlocking after you finish the first set online?

#18 Edited by Chris2KLee (2329 posts) -
@rybrad said:

" So does anyone have the And They Will Tell Two Friends achievement?  That is the one to play co-op with a GearBox employee which seems pretty unlikely at this point in the game...

Also, here is a list of which achievements are retroactive and more:  http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=108833 "

I actually got the "And They'll Tell Two Friends" achievement just now. I imagine they must have logged on for a bit to start spreading it or something.
#19 Posted by Daveyo520 (6652 posts) -

Yay Achievements!

#20 Posted by Forcen (1804 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.