Steam GOTY Trouble

#1 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -

With the recent Steam sale, I picked up the Borderlands GOTY Edition. I'm having trouble submitting the code for The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned.  
When I fast travel to Jakobs' Cove, the loading screen goes never ends, as I'm supposed to Alt-Tab out of the game, where there's a window to type in the code. When the window pops up, I can't bring anything else up on screen. A browser, the desktop, anything. I typed in the code for Dr. Ned, and the window said it was incorrect.  
Anyone else having this issue?

#2 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4540 posts) -

Copy (to your clipboard) the cdkey from the steam overlay before you load into Dr Ned. When it brings up the window, then just paste it. I had the exact same issue you had and this worked for me. Hope it helps!

edit: you'll want to do the same for Underdome Riot and I think for the Armory as well. For some reason, you need to enter the cdkey for Robot Revolution.

#3 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

run the game in a window by pressing ALT+ENTER. Then you'll see the code entry window.

#4 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -

Thanks, both of you. It's working now.  
Which Key do I use for the Armory and RR, the Dr. Ned one?

#5 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4540 posts) -

@DonutFever: Oops sorry, I meant to say for some reason, you don't need to enter the key for Robot Revolution. Does Steam give you a key for the Armory too? If not then you don't need to enter a key for that either.

#6 Posted by aurahack (2273 posts) -

There are only keys for Dr. Ned and Moxxi, I think. Everything else will work out of the install.

#7 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -
@PrimeSynergy: Nope, just Dr. Ned and Mad Moxxi. Thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.