Steam problem. Help?

#1 Posted by TheGremp (2064 posts) -

Yes, I'm going to be a total noob and post a "halp?" thread. 

I got Borderlands, and it downloaded just fine.  When I start it up, it has to do a "first time setup".  It says 
"Installing: amdcpusetup.exe (Step 1 of 2)", and has been sitting there for about 30 minutes.  How long did this take for you guys?  My firewalls and security deals are all deactivated and all that. 

Any idea what's happening?

#2 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

Try restarting Steam. You could also skip the setup most likely. 

#3 Posted by TheGremp (2064 posts) -

Ok, it got past that after 45 minutes or so... Now it says ""Borderlands Failed to start. (error code 83)". Anyone else gotten this?

#4 Posted by nick69 (625 posts) -

Had the failed to start happen to me also earlier today. 

Restart steam and it will work.

#5 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

restart steam, and if you still have problems go to steam support and log in, or make a support account if you haven't already (it's a separate account from your steam account), then ask a question about it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.