The new wave of Borderlands Co-Op (STEAM SALE), Who's in ?

#1 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

So Borderlands GOTY Edition is 8 bucks on Steam. I tried the single player in the past and i think it's too hard and stressful, so if i wanna buy this it'll be solely for the co-op 
 I've seen several people on the Steam Sale thread talk about playing together, so let's organize here! 

Also, does Borderlands suffer from ping? I don't wanna buy it and start lagging hardcore while playing with american duders

#2 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

Not me, already played it all on 360 and I heard the PC version isn't too great.

#3 Posted by TekZero (2673 posts) -

Single player was better than multiplayer imo.  

Good game tho. 

#4 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

I just bought it :$

#5 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1808 posts) -

I'll play with anyone who wants some overleveled help.

Steam ID: colonelpopcorn

I don't know my gamespy ID off the top of my head, but if you add me on steam I'll figure it out.

#6 Posted by DonChipotle (2768 posts) -

Is this a one day sale? Because I would love to get it but I can't get to Steam from here.

#7 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
@VelvetLore04 said:

Is this a one day sale? Because I would love to get it but I can't get to Steam from here.

yes its a daily deal

add me if you want, i might play some co-op eventually, im still at lvl 25 with my soldier on pc (after finishing the game twice with lilith on ps3), i only play it now and then
#8 Posted by DonChipotle (2768 posts) -

I managed to snag a copy. I'm down for some co op.

Shigeno56 is what I go by.

Velvetlore04 if the above name doesn't take

#9 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2695 posts) -

Borderlands was on sale for almost this same price a damn year ago. Who the hell doesn't own it by now?

#10 Posted by Zimbo (875 posts) -

I'm up for some Co-op. 

Steam: Mendacity_Zim

#11 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -
@TekZero said:
Single player was better than multiplayer imo.   Good game tho. 
Agreed. I have no idea why, but I tried playing it with a few of my real life friends but I just couldn't enjoy it at all that way.
Switched to SP and was glued to the screen for 10 consecutive hours.

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
I just bought it :$
Don't worry, it's a pretty good game. 
Aside from the fact that they didn't bother to change the menus to work well with mouse and keyboard, the use of GameSpy for MP, and a few other issues (nothing a little messing with the game's config files couldn't fix), it's a really fun game. Its flaws can be overlooked for the most part.

Keep in mind though, the game uses a P2P system for MP. Connecting to someone too far from you will probably result in a laggy experience for you if he's hosting.
#12 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@SlasherMan said:
Keep in mind though, the game uses a P2P system for MP. Connecting to someone too far from you will probably result in a laggy experience for you if he's hosting.
...aaaaaaand i just bought it for nothing
#13 Posted by Tennmuerti (8123 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
@SlasherMan said:
...aaaaaaand i just bought it for nothing
Where you at?
#14 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Tennmuerti: Israel
#15 Posted by Tennmuerti (8123 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
@Tennmuerti: Israel
That's not so bad dude. You're pretty close to Europe.
I'm actually living in Cyprus atm (which is pretty much next door) , so if you want to set up a time lets do this. I might need a day to download it from Steam again tho

Already finished all of the content solo when it came out but I'm kind of feeling the itch to play again and it would be cool to try coop.
#16 Posted by akeripper4 (154 posts) -

well im in if someone wanna have a go

#18 Posted by GalacticPunt (1060 posts) -

Steam ID: GalacticPunt

Just hit level 17 on first playthrough. Playing Roland with a focus on healing skills.

#19 Posted by VoshiNova (1694 posts) -

Count me in! I'm lvl 32 right now! Steam namve is VoshiNova! <3

#20 Posted by Neezie (124 posts) -

I just got it from the weekend sale, anyone wanna play? Add me on Steam, Neezie.

#21 Posted by SmasheControllers (2550 posts) -

You have me on your list, invite me whenever you wanna play.

Also I have an Extra copy of the GOTY edition which I donated to Vito_Raliffe, so be sure to look out for the next game giveaway.

#22 Posted by Stealthoneill (249 posts) -

I'll probably be up for some co-op at some point. Currently a level 7 soldier, having just taken down Nine-Toes

Steam ID: Stealthoneill

#23 Posted by Cramsy (1172 posts) -

I'll be hopping on tomorrow and really wanna team up with someone ( I hear the game is better that way) 
Steam: Cramsy  

#24 Posted by captain_clayman (3322 posts) -
@Afroman269 said:

Not me, already played it all on 360 and I heard the PC version isn't too great.

its just as good as the 360 version, besides the fact that the UI is definitely not meant for a keyboard and mouse.  i actually used an xbox controller for the PC version and it was just fine.  plus the art definitely looks a lot better at 1080p and 60fps
#25 Posted by DigitalErsatz (19 posts) -
@Neezie: I tried adding you under Neezie and did not come up, are you sure that's you?
#26 Posted by VincentLonga (66 posts) -

Just bought it also, I'd be down to try the MP :)

I had a few hours worth of trouble trying to get it to launch (Macbook running XP via Bootcamp), but after I re-installed Physx, it runs great now.

Steam ID: vinnylonga

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.