Underdome anyone?

#1 Posted by kbeau73 (19 posts) -

Looking to complete the Underdome DLC and was wondering if anyone wanted to team up. I've got a level 62, 59 and some others but wouldn't mind even going in as a low level character so that someone can wipe these guys clean. I just want the achievement. Anyone interested?

#2 Posted by punisherkaos (273 posts) -

I would cause I need those achivments but I lost all my save data from the first game so I have no characters :(

#3 Posted by Tennmuerti (8059 posts) -

Don't do it buddy. It's not worth it, achievement or no. It's too long of a meaningless grind.

2c

#4 Posted by StrainedEyes (1323 posts) -

I did the Underdome in full... twice... once on PS3 and once on 360. It's mind boggling how long it takes to complete.

#5 Posted by kbeau73 (19 posts) -
@punisherkaos said:
I would cause I need those achivments but I lost all my save data from the first game so I have no characters :(
Actually, you wouldn't need to. If you wanted to make a new character we could run through 'em with you hosting and being the low level. My level 63 should @Tennmuerti said:

Don't do it buddy. It's not worth it, achievement or no. It's too long of a meaningless grind.

2c

That is pretty much what I've heard too unfortunately. I'm a bit of an achievement wh*re so I'd like to try and get them all. Plus then I can trade in the game for credit. lol
#6 Posted by StarFoxA (5145 posts) -

It's not worth it. Don't do it.

#7 Edited by Rafaelfc (1324 posts) -

I did it this year (complete with the power going on out when I was close to finishing the final tier of the last map), it is a miserable experience, boring and repetitive.

I still hear "THE GUN WAVE!!!" on my nightmares, ugh!

My tips if you MUST do it are:

• do it split screen
  • play with your best (or second best) gaming friend. You need someone who helps pass the time, not just a co-op buddy, sharp banter and inside jokes are a MUST for the underdome.
  • make a long, varied and exciting playlist of songs to play during this, game audio should be avoided at all costs, there's nothing to be gained by hearing the same repeating lines OVER and OVER
  • do it all in one go, this is the type of "challenge" where if you stop too much to think about what you're really doing you won't want to revisit it (at least that's how it goes for me)
  • if you have weather-related power outages in your area, do NOT play the underdome on a rainy night/day because you have to start it over again if the power goes out
#8 Posted by mosespippy (4106 posts) -

@kbeau73: If you absolutely must play through the Underdome then do it splitscreen with a low level character. I was in an online game and the host kicked everybody as the final Boss wave began which totally fucked over everyone who had been in there for two hours. I'd suggest not doing them all at once too. They're boring. Turn on the Bombcast and play through the small ones and then for next weeks bombcast do one large one, etc until you have them all done 4 weeks from now. Also, welcome to the site. We can swear here so you don't have to censor yourself.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.