Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Weekly Rundown - 03/05/12-03/11/12

sixtyxcelph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Edited By sixtyxcelph

Games this week:

• Xbox 360 - Borderlands
    • Nintendo Wii - Animal Crossing: City Folk

Hello again! Spent most of this past week killing time while I wait for Mass Effect 3. So excited! Should be here today or tomorrow. GAH!

But, what time I spent not being seeing friends or finally getting back to the gym (YAY!), I spent shooting dudes in Borderlands. I finished the storyline in The Secret Armory of General Knoxx, which was extremely tedious by the end of it. T-Bone Junction desperately needed the fast travel that's present in the main game but missing for this DLC. Always starting in the T-Bone Junction and then driving to the mission was really boring and sucked a certain amount of the fun out of it by the time I did get there. Hearing General Knoxx talk over the ECHO was pretty good, though, so at least the writing is still quite amusing. But now it' just a couple of side missions left and it's on to Claptrap's New Robot Revolution! I'm looking forward to that one. So far the zombie one has been the most entertaining, as a whole.

And I played some more of Animal Crossing: City Folk here and there throughout the week. I'm thinking more and more that I'm not going to play much of this game. I read somewhere that if you're not checking in daily the game gets mad at you, your city gets overrun with weeds, and your house can become infested with cockroaches. But it's wicked fun filling out the museum, so, I dunno. I think I'm going to keep playing it here and there, but, I don't think I want to scour the town looking for weeds to pull and flowers to water so that the lazy-ass townsanimals are happy. Water your own damned flowers, Bisket! And, the game shuts down after 10 o'clock, basically. At least, the shop does, making it difficult for me to sell my odds and ends so I can pay off my house mortgage. I don't think the game works with my schedule, frankly. Maybe I'll set the game's clock back by several hours so it's, like, five o'clock when it's actually ten. That could work. Anyway! I'm not sure I like it, but clearly I'm having a difficult time just walking away from it. So... we'll see how it turns out.

All of this doesn't even matter, though, because Mass Effect 3. Fuck, I can't wait!!

sixtyxcelph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sixtyxcelph

Games this week:

• Xbox 360 - Borderlands
    • Nintendo Wii - Animal Crossing: City Folk

Hello again! Spent most of this past week killing time while I wait for Mass Effect 3. So excited! Should be here today or tomorrow. GAH!

But, what time I spent not being seeing friends or finally getting back to the gym (YAY!), I spent shooting dudes in Borderlands. I finished the storyline in The Secret Armory of General Knoxx, which was extremely tedious by the end of it. T-Bone Junction desperately needed the fast travel that's present in the main game but missing for this DLC. Always starting in the T-Bone Junction and then driving to the mission was really boring and sucked a certain amount of the fun out of it by the time I did get there. Hearing General Knoxx talk over the ECHO was pretty good, though, so at least the writing is still quite amusing. But now it' just a couple of side missions left and it's on to Claptrap's New Robot Revolution! I'm looking forward to that one. So far the zombie one has been the most entertaining, as a whole.

And I played some more of Animal Crossing: City Folk here and there throughout the week. I'm thinking more and more that I'm not going to play much of this game. I read somewhere that if you're not checking in daily the game gets mad at you, your city gets overrun with weeds, and your house can become infested with cockroaches. But it's wicked fun filling out the museum, so, I dunno. I think I'm going to keep playing it here and there, but, I don't think I want to scour the town looking for weeds to pull and flowers to water so that the lazy-ass townsanimals are happy. Water your own damned flowers, Bisket! And, the game shuts down after 10 o'clock, basically. At least, the shop does, making it difficult for me to sell my odds and ends so I can pay off my house mortgage. I don't think the game works with my schedule, frankly. Maybe I'll set the game's clock back by several hours so it's, like, five o'clock when it's actually ten. That could work. Anyway! I'm not sure I like it, but clearly I'm having a difficult time just walking away from it. So... we'll see how it turns out.

All of this doesn't even matter, though, because Mass Effect 3. Fuck, I can't wait!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.