What Pearlescent weapons do you have?

#1 Posted by natetodamax (19136 posts) -

I'm currently playing through the General Knoxx DLC on Playthrough 2, and I'm using my Pearlescent pistol through the whole thing. The pistol itself does lots of shock damage and corrosive damage with almost every shot, holds 19 bullets in one mag, and shoots pretty fast. Oh, and the accuracy is great. What Pearlescent guns have you picked up?

#2 Edited by DanielJW (4915 posts) -

*zip*

#3 Posted by natetodamax (19136 posts) -
@DanielJW said:
" *zip* "
Clever
#4 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

I think I have 6+ days worth of playing time, at least 1 day worth of General Knoxx, and no Pearlescent weapons...then again I never took down Crawmerax (which I'm assuming is the best chance of finding one).

Fuck, I should play more Borderlands...

#5 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" @DanielJW said:
" *zip* "
Clever "
<3
#6 Posted by natetodamax (19136 posts) -
@DanielJW said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @DanielJW said:
" *zip* "
Clever "
<3 "
You have a girlfriend!
#7 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (5797 posts) -

I've got a level 13 pearlescent repeater and a level 40-ish shotgun, both on the PC version.  I didn't actually find these - they were given to me by different people I've played with.  The repeater has excellent damage, with corrosive and shock damage, as well as a massive clip (that's what she said).  The shotgun does primarily corrosive damage.
#8 Posted by xyzygy (9626 posts) -

Are pearlescent weapons only from the Knoxx DLC?

#9 Posted by natetodamax (19136 posts) -
@xyzygy said:
" Are pearlescent weapons only from the Knoxx DLC? "
I think so. And you can pretty much only get a pearlescent weapon from Crawmerax as far as I know.
#10 Posted by Crono11 (1626 posts) -

I haven't played Borderlands in months but I think I have maybe 4 or 5 pearlescent weapons. They aren't very good though.

#11 Posted by MoTheHawk (94 posts) -

An Undertaker.  On my Blaster-spec Brick  :D

#12 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1594 posts) -

I have a really nice Steel Undertaker that does 2008 damage and has an 8-round mag. It does a lot more splash damage than normal launchers, too. I didn't find it from Crawmerax, though. I got it from the lance chest you find from jumping on top of those two large pumps, near where you activate the energy bridge. Those chests almost always have good loot.

#13 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@ricetopher: Killer instinct <3
#14 Posted by jakob187 (21504 posts) -

My brother somehow ended up on a modded setup on 360 and got a Pearlescent with 258,000+ damage, as well as a shield with over a million points of shield... 

...at level 33.

#15 Posted by dudeglove (7254 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" My brother somehow ended up on a modded setup on 360 and got a Pearlescent with 258,000+ damage, as well as a shield with over a million points of shield...  ...at level 33. "
Oh so that's what those shields are. I never knew the stats. I hate those assholes.

As for pearlescents, I have the SMG (I forget the name), but it's really not all that good. The special bullets (alternates between shock, corrosive and normal) are too slow, even with lillith firing them, but it's semi useful for taking down the flying patrol robots in Knoxx. 

You really only need an Orion sniper rifle, Hellfire SMG, and a Pestilent Defiler revolver to kill anything in this game - crawmerax included. The fourth slot I usually put in a... umm... I think it's called a vicious crux, which is an explosive shotgun that has a massive spread and is extremely useful for taking down Rakk (it's the best weapon for taking down Mothrakk, by the way), and good for the horde wave in Moxxie. Plus they're all orange ranked, and can all be found at the weapon vendors early on. If you're dueling with someone normal, the Orion will pretty much end it first shot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.