Which DLC should I get?

#1 Posted by skywing (1153 posts) -

Hey guys, 

I recently purchased borderlands via the steam sale and am just about done with it, I'm wondering which DLC pack should I play next? are they all worth it?

#2 Posted by supermike6 (3639 posts) -

Don't get Mad Moxxi. Get Zombie Island and Secret Armory though, they're really good.

#3 Posted by dantheman1515 (297 posts) -

Zombie Isle and Secret Armory of General Knoxx. Don't bother with Mad Moxxi, I only bought it to S rank the game.

#4 Posted by Yummylee (22518 posts) -

Knoxx is a must!

#5 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8606 posts) -

Get Zombie Island first, then General Knoxx.
I'd say Knox is the best dlc (ever, of all time) but Zombie island is fun too and levelwise is lower then Knox, so would chain together nicely.

#6 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

Zombie Island was my favorite, so I'd say get that first. Mad Moxxi is just horrible to do unless you want that S-rank, and Knoxx just seemed unnecessarily big.

#7 Posted by B0nd07 (1701 posts) -

Pretty much the only good thing about Mad Moxxi is the weapon storage for any inventory overflow or if you want to trade between your own characters without the help of a friend.  Not worth full price and barely worth the sale price (when it was 66% off).  Zombie Island and General Knoxx are pretty good though.  Zombie Island felt a little short and Knoxx is really big and has no fast travel, so be ready for a lot of driving.

#8 Posted by ajamafalous (12147 posts) -

Knoxx.

#9 Posted by Glak (578 posts) -

This is how I would rank them
1. Armory of General Knoxx, raises the level cap, adds new guns, lots of new content
2. Zombie Island, great story, really funny and fun to play
3. Mad Moxxie, *sigh, only if you're after achievements -_-

#10 Posted by Mrnitropb (2090 posts) -
@dantheman1515 said:
" Zombie Isle and Secret Armory of General Knoxx. Don't bother with Mad Moxxi, I only bought it to S rank the game. "
yup.
#11 Posted by EVHKwick (452 posts) -

Knoxx and Zombie Island. ZI kinda lacked the gun content I would've liked, but Knoxx more than makes up for it.

#12 Posted by hedfone (1731 posts) -

nocks

#13 Posted by Shuborno (938 posts) -

Knoxx is the best one, and definitely ups the challenge significantly. 

Moxxi is a good idea executed terribly.  I couldn't imagine living without the bank that comes with Moxxi though.  I load that one up all the time to deposit stuff in there and check the vending machines that level up to your current level.

#14 Posted by inhaleandvomit (39 posts) -

stay far, far away from moxxi.  i went from loving borderlands incessantly to shoving it in the back of my game pile just from a few rounds with it.  really drains the fun out of the game.  
zombie island was my favorite.  the story was particularly strong, and immensely enjoyable.

#15 Posted by Einherjan (593 posts) -

Not the Alan Wake one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.