Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Your level 61 skill build? Talent calculator updated.

Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Supermarius

He, so the official borderlands talent calculator is updated to include the talent points from General Knoxx, although interestingly it does NOT include the points available from the Underdome. I think that's telling.  This is my build for Roland. You'll notice that i put at least one point in almost every skill because i want to be able to switch class mods on the fly and benefit from all the plus-to-skills. This is pretty much a build for soloing and i favor using fast, multi-bullet smg's over shotguns or assault rifles.

Here's mine
     http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/roland/#01411441024412524541115

What's Yours?

ezekielzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By ezekielzero
    Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Supermarius
    @ezekielzero: nah, i hate having to use utility class mods that dont directly boost my damage. You sacrifice a pretty nice chunk of damage in fights and you can regen ammo between fights, if you have to, most of the time. If you get in a fight where you didnt use up all or nearly all of your ammo, then a support class mod didn't really boost your survivability at all. I want to use heavy gunner and i like using double stingers and anarchies with high fire rates so i need the boosted ammo regen. 

Supply drop is also really under appreciated. It regens the ammo of all your weapons, not just the one equipped (also grenades) and when the supply crate home in on you, you get over 100 bullets back instantly for the smg and assault rifle. Also its really nice in prolonged combat situations because you don't have to stay near your turret. The crates find you. They actually work worse if you stand too near the turret because they don't have a zero degree turning radius and they end up orbiting you until they expire!
    roscoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

nethanel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nethanel
    @Supermarius: There are Rifleman/Commando Mods that regen ammo. When I use Heavy Gunner I normally find the Supply Drop to be insufficient, to me any skill points in the turret is wasted
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DystopiaX
    i69edUrGpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By i69edUrGpa

No Caption Provided
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hatking
    @i69edUrGpa:
    congrats :P 

Also is anybody else a little depressed they didn't just go to 65?  That way if you only spent five points each tier you could max out each of the highest powers.
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Luke

EDITED to include the rhyme and reason of why I went with this build:  

This is all off the top of my head and I'm at work right now so can't check things... but I did find a badass Pearlescent Rifle from farming Crawermax this weekend, which does like 368 base damage I think, plus has special text and has 4 other high stats (like 2.0 zoom, accuracy, recoil reduction, etc.). 

I also found and am using a really nice Level 55 Support Gunner Mod, full to the brim with 5 stats (+24 Bullet Re-growth, +4/+3 Barrage/Impact, and 2 other things I forgot), as to never run out of ammo. 

I ended-up picking this setup over Rifleman, for the time being, because I'm doing tons more damage than my old build anyway, my Scorpio is constantly refreshing super fast, and now I just play on auto-pilot without ever worrying about ammo.  I also just leave a Level 6 Corrosive Damage Artifact on my Scorpio at pretty much all times.  So that's why I went with this as my final build.  I put my 2 Moxxi Points into Barrage (for a total of 3 base points, which I also get more than that from Support Gunner): 

http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/roland/#01500550550510500505055 

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Darkstar614
    Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Novyx
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tennmuerti
    http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/lilith/#21505055555100005055500
    This is my Siren build for solo and Crom farming.
    + 2 points in resilience (I sometimes go back and forth putting them in blackout)
    I find Mindgames to be quite useful. Phoenix is too messy and requires that some other more useful skills are sacrificed

http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/roland/#01505505050510505050055 + 2 in Barrage
    My Roland build at the end of Knoxx.
    I switch between my Ogre machine gun and my Vitrolis Crux shotgun for the fun of it so points in both shotgun and assault rifle skills. Both my rifleman/commando mods regen ammo and giv +dmg, smg's I leave to my Siren.
    Point's in turret becouse there's nowhere else to spend them :P

@Novyx:

you really need to pickup the game :)
    I find it is best with Mordecai to decide whether you want to be using snipers or pistols and spice it up with Bloodwing, or go both snipers and pistols but without Bloodwing.
    By the way upgraded Bloodwing can pretty much solo Borderlands for you in playthrough 1 (except bosses)
    Out for Blood only needs 1 skill point because your shields should be your life and there are transfusion grenades, also becouse Bloodwing does more dammage then your health.
    If youre using Bloodwing max Bird of Prey. Riotous Remedy is shit
    Do note that those 61 points you will only get after you played through the game twice at the end, so for most of the game you have to be more skill focused then you can afford to be at the end. There are many ways to build Mordecai, those are just some general thoughts.
    PS: Also your build may depend on what kind of drops you're lucky with.
    Vision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vision

My Mercenary build.

http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/lilith/#21505505555010005050550

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BraveToaster

http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/roland/#01050505505050510550055

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Whisperkill
    @i69edUrGpa: Oh God, Lemon Party, have you ever seen that?
    Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Supermarius
    @nethanel: yeah. i have the darndest time finding good rifleman mods. I need a better one and higher level glorious havok.
    Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Novyx
    @Tennmuerti:
    Ah, thanks. I was planning to go with sniper rifles, and wasn't sure if some of those gunslinger talents applied to more than just pistols. I forgot to ask that in my initial post. Can't make links in Opera, so I was having to toggle over to Chrome, and all that fun stuff.
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#19  Edited By EpicSteve

My soldier build is specifically meant to keep my group alive. here.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Novyx: Gun Crazy and Hair Triger only apply to guns.
    Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Novyx
    @Tennmuerti:
    Okay, good to know. Question: Is relentless worth putting one point into if you can't put five points into it?
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Luke
    @Supermarius said:

" @nethanel: yeah. i have the darndest time finding good rifleman mods. I need a better one and higher level glorious havok. "

Yeah, I can't find any amazing Rifleman Mods either. 

This is all off the top of my head and I'm at work right now so can't check things... but I did find a badass Pearlescent Rifle from farming Crawermax this weekend, which does like 368 base damage I think, plus has special text and has 4 other high stats (like 2.0 zoom, accuracy, recoil reduction, etc.). 

I also found and am using a really nice Level 55 Support Gunner Mod, full to the brim with 5 stats (+24 Bullet Re-growth, +4/+3 Barrage/Impact, and 2 other things I forgot), as to never run out of ammo. 

I ended-up picking this setup over Rifleman, for the time being, because I'm doing tons more damage than my old build anyway, my Scorpio is constantly refreshing super fast, and now I just play on auto-pilot without ever worrying about ammo.  I also just leave a Level 6 Corrosive Damage Artifact on my Scorpio at pretty much all times.  So that's why I went with this as my final build: 

http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/roland/#01500550550510500505055
    Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Novyx

I gotta ask: How easy is it to respec? 'cause if it's easy, I won't worry myself over this calculator anymore. Aaand I'll probably have to pick up borderlands when I'm picking up BC2 tomorrow.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Luke
    @Novyx said:
    " I gotta ask: How easy is it to respec? 'cause if it's easy, I won't worry myself over this calculator anymore. Aaand I'll probably have to pick up borderlands when I'm picking up BC2 tomorrow. "
    Super easy.  It just costs $$$, which by the time you'll be wanting to respec, you'll be rolling in it! :) 
    Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Green_Incarnate

This is what I suspect I'll do once I get to level 61:

Lilith

Roland

Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Novyx
    @Luke:
    Thanks. I think that may have banished the last of my indecision. This time tomorrow, I should have a copy.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Novyx: If you get a classmod that gives a +Relentless skill then yes, otherwise not really, it's better to do all or nothing. And yes like it has already been answered it very easy to respec, the only time when it is an issue is at the beginning of the game.
    Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Novyx
    @Tennmuerti:
    Ah, okay. Thanks. All good information, and I look forward to finally playing soon.
    laalipop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By laalipop
    This is mah lil lilith... 

New to these parts of the boards, usually just hang around Mass Effect 2. 

While I'm here is there a good way to farm class mods? I need a mercenary class mod that has smg regen on it, Seeing as how the one I have right now is from level 28...
    libidinous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By libidinous

http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/lilith/#21505050350055035005055

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By frankxiv
    Here's my Lilith build at 61 only I have 2 more points in Blackout from the second dlc.

I usually use a Mercenary mod for solo and Defender mod for teaming. For guns I only use smgs, have one of each element with decent damage and fire rate, and an untyped thumper that hits like a revolver. Shield wise I go for high capacity and high recharge, my current shield is 2210 capacity and 307 recharge, after mods and skills I have 4515 of shields with Defender on, I barely get hit enough without recovering shields that I even need health at this point, but when I do get dropped i can just phase to regen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.