Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bound By Flame

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released May 09, 2014

An ordinary mercenary is possessed by a fire demon, who just might grant the power to save the world from a massive army of the undead, in this fantasy action-RPG by French developer Spiders.

So this Action rpg is coming out on ps4 soon.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I just notice this game is coming out on May 9. Looks pretty average, but I think it will time me over until Wolfenstien and Watchdogs drops. Seems like it can be fun for what it is.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I plan on getting it whenever I manage to get a PS4. Hopefully by the time I plan to pick it up it won't be $70 anymore.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

My copy will be here on Friday! Just wish the PS4 version was the same price as the PS3/360 version.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Be careful, anyone looking at this needs to wait for reviews. It is by the same company that made Mars War Logs and some other "gems".

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By musubi

Man, that looks like flat out garbage. Whew. I'd rather play Knack.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Solh0und
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#7  Edited By mike

Wow...that does look bad. It looks bad for a PS3 game, let alone something on the PS4. Even setting aside the visuals, it just looks like another generic and uninspired attempt at a Witcher clone. I'm really not surprised given this is a multi-platform, cross-generation game from the developer responsible for Mars War Logs.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That HUD reminds me a lot of Diablo 3 on consoles.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: @karkarov: To each their own. Some of us like these mediocre games. I've posted it before, but I love games like Gothic, The Last Templar, Game of Thrones RPG, LofR: War in the North, Risen, Ventica, etc. This is one of those games. Low budget, small team. Not well executed. But always fun. And I am sure I will enjoy it. And I am also sure it will score poorly in reviews.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

You know those images that combine together multiple faces to show what the average human looks like? This seems like that, but with video games.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solh0und said:

@demoskinos: Orrrr you can pick up Drakengard 3?

I guess if you want to. I don't plan on buying anything until Destiny comes out in the fall. I've got FFXIV to keep me company until then.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By confusedowl

@sterling said:

@demoskinos: @karkarov: To each their own. Some of us like these mediocre games. I've posted it before, but I love games like Gothic, The Last Templar, Game of Thrones RPG, LofR: War in the North, Risen, Ventica, etc. This is one of those games. Low budget, small team. Not well executed. But always fun. And I am sure I will enjoy it. And I am also sure it will score poorly in reviews.

Man Gothic and Risen aren't mediocre at all! Some of the best RPGs of I've ever played, especially Gothic 2. It saddens me to know that most people think they suck. This game does look like that type of game which is why I'm cautiously optimistic about it. I won't buy it full price but I will be picking it up at some point for sure.

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
    SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Didn't I see a developer demo of this game that made it look much better and more Dark Souls-like? I can't find it now.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#14  Edited By Slag
    No Caption Provided

Nope, no trailer is going to sell me on this not from these dudes. Need to see reviews and a Quick Look first.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Collision looks gamey as fuck.

One thing I'd love to see this gen is improvements in collision and animation.

They really got their money worth out of the voice over guy here.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezakael said:

@sterling said:

Man Gothic and Risen aren't mediocre at all! Some of the best RPGs of I've ever played, especially Gothic 2. It saddens me to know that most people think they suck. This game does look like that type of game which is why I'm cautiously optimistic about it. I won't buy it full price but I will be picking it up at some point for sure.

Not to you and I they are not. But we are the minority in thinking that. To the majority of gamers they are.

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
    SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@steadyingmeat said:

@saturdaynightspecials: Sure you're not thinking of Lords of the Fallen?

Loading Video...

So I am! Thanks.

In all but gameplay, though, that's possibly even more generic than Bound By Flame. Even the title is more forgettable.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By glots

Still relatively interested in this...and at least in a few stores around here it's 20 euros cheaper than most PS4 games right from the start.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saturdaynightspecials: Yeah, I agree. I think the gameplay looks alright, though. Kinda like a more friendly and arcadey version of Dark Souls (I think the devs actually denied Dark Souls as an inspiration which is hilarious)

ryanmgraef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love these type of games! Kinda like summer movies. Not going to win any awards, but you'll have a good time running through it! Like Shadows of the Dammed or Binary Domain.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Wait... you can change your weapon?!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

It basically just looks like Action-RPG: The Video Game. Not to say it maybe won't provide a bit of hackin slashin fun, but yeah... I'd say it's best to stay cautious with that one.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the PS4 livestreaming app that connects to twitch and Ustream Ive seen quite a few people playing this game so if you want to see live playing of near final versions theres a way to do it

belgurdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's another one of those kinds of games made by no-name euro studios that's made via checklist. Probably not worth getting into.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#26  Edited By sammo21

I'll wait for a quick look, but considering we've gotten complete stinkers from competent Western/Japanese devs, I think its funny to see dismissive attitudes towards smaller, Euro studios.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@solh0und said:

I guess if you want to. I don't plan on buying anything until Destiny comes out in the fall. I've got FFXIV to keep me company until then.

I don't know man.. shunting garbage in favor of garbage with a monthly fee seems like an odd choice.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I've been bouncing back and forth on this for probably about a month now. I put down $5 for a pre-order, but I might just switch that to Drakengard 3 instead. I've wanted an action RPG for a while on my PS4, but I think I can wait a while longer now that there's a few more titles coming out that can keep me interested.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@demoskinos said:

@solh0und said:

I don't know man.. shunting garbage in favor of garbage with a monthly fee seems like an odd choice.

Well its a good thing that FFXIV is fun then cause that would be an odd choice. =)

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't a PS4 exclusive, why does the thread title imply it is?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also love these kind of weird, mediocre-reviewed RPGs that usually come from Europe. They have a unique charm. Almost always the dialog is sketchy and utterly strange but you can tell these guys put their hearts into the games.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Oh dear... I watched a snippet of combat and it all looks kinda clunky. Like, a lot of the enemies barely seem to react to your attacks at all, and the animations don't really flow when you're in battle. Not that the whole game should be written off just from a 2-3 minute gameplay clip... but putting what looks to be awkward combat alongside the generic everything is making this look like something that'll be forgotten about like a month later. The fact that they've even put in the BioWare staple romance stuff in there is kinda laughable really.

Loading Video...

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By jakob187

I can custom build my weapon and upgrade it piece by piece?

Sold. Seriously, I'm a whore for anything with weapon and armor customization like that. The game looks mediocre as fuck, but if I can kick the shit out of things and upgrade stuff, it's my weakness.

Unfortunately, I don't have a PS4, no plans to get one, and I know this isn't something I'd buy for $60-$70.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By SomeDeliCook

I might be weird, but I enjoy the cheaper more ghetto fantasy RPG games than some of the AAA titles.

I liked The First Templar, Amalur was cool, I liked the three Fable games, I liked The Cursed Crusade, the Game of Thrones game, the Overlord games, etc etc

I didn't like Dragon's Dogma, the Souls games, the Dragon Age series, etc etc

So I may eventually pick this game up when I see a quicklook or Raw uncut game footage

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187 said:
    Unfortunately, I don't have a PS4, no plans to get one, and I know this isn't something I'd buy for $60-$70.

Like already mentioned, this isn't a PS4 exclusive, but is also coming to PS3, 360 and PC.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187: Its on PS3 and 360 also. And its $40

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@sterling said:

@jakob187: Its on PS3 and 360 also. And its $40

Why are you doing this to me?

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saturdaynightspecials: Sure you're not thinking of Lords of the Fallen?

Loading Video...

Well shit, I've been getting excited thinking it was this game. Ah well, probably try it anyway.

Avatar image for chilipeppersman
    chilipeppersman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

@yummylee: agreed. I hope it doesnt suck, there hasnt been much gameplay videos, only a couple. thats usually not a good sign, but they are a small company, and didnt promote mars war logs that much, but im def waiting for the reviews on this one

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

You know what? I'm still in that window of a new console where I'll just about play anything that looks decent. This looks decent, so I'll probably give it a try at some point.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mars: War Logs was totally worth the $2.99 I paid for it. This game looks good enough for me to pay as much as $5.00.

Calmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling said:

@ezakael said:

@sterling said:

Not to you and I they are not. But we are the minority in thinking that. To the majority of gamers they are.

Actually doesn't take much for a game like this to win me over. Risen 1 and 2, Gothic series, Sacred 2, Two Souls 2, and Arx Fatalis were all games I liked at least enough to finish the main storyline - and all games I would consider non AAA titles. Actually it was pretty cool seeing others that enjoyed some of these games.

I'm kind of intrigued by Bound by Flame.... has kind of a poor man's Witcher 2 meets poor man's Amalur meets poor man's Souls vibe. All games I loved (in the case of the Souls series: love + obsession).

I'm going to knock on wood and purchase this game.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By cloudnineboya

Both the games shown here look alright ,lords of the fallen more so... ill bite. thought that boss attack was never going to end, shiiiit .

Calmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Calmgamer
    Avatar image for chilipeppersman
    chilipeppersman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#46  Edited By chilipeppersman

@cloudnineboya: lords of the fallen looks a bit better most definitely.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.