A Feature for Brad?

#1 Edited by slinky6 (567 posts) -

Ryan has TANG and Jeff n' Vinny have the ER.   What would you like to see Brad do as a regular feature?   I think he could do DAMN! (Dat Ain't a Movie, No) where they tie him to a chair and force him to play shitty licensed games.

#2 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3700 posts) -

That would be pretty awesome.
I also dont think every member of the site should have a feature they have to do on a regular basis. Part of the appeal of the site is the cool stuff that comes out of the staff having a lot of freedom.

#3 Posted by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -

Perhaps Brad could have a weekly news show?

#4 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -

I don't think he's charismatic enough to have his own thing.

#5 Posted by Suicrat (3764 posts) -

Brad should host a variety/talk show where he interviews authors, comedians, movie stars, musicians, zoologists, recently-divorced 15-year old mothers, and recalcitrant transsexual prostitutes who have bitten off the noses of their pimps.

#6 Posted by slinky6 (567 posts) -
@VWGTI said:
" I don't think he's charismatic enough to have his own thing. "
dude what?   I could listen to that smooth voice for... at least 10 extra minutes a week in the form of a weekly feature.   It would be funny if it wasn't even related to video games.   Something like what they talk about on the podcast but in video form such *random animal* vs. *random animal.*

I should say that this topic is more of a joke than anything.   The dudes already produce tons of great video content I definitely don't expect more.
#7 Posted by Guerrilla_Mason (475 posts) -
@VWGTI said:
" I don't think he's charismatic enough to have his own thing. "
Not to sound like a dick, but Ryan is?
#8 Posted by slinky6 (567 posts) -
@Guerrilla_Mason said:
" @VWGTI said:
" I don't think he's charismatic enough to have his own thing. "
Not to sound like a dick, but Ryan is?
"
you both sound like dicks, but whatevs!
#9 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3700 posts) -
@Guerrilla_Mason said:
" @VWGTI said:
" I don't think he's charismatic enough to have his own thing. "
Not to sound like a dick, but Ryan is?
"
Ryan is hilarious!
Just look at this picture:

#10 Posted by al (19 posts) -
@FlamingHobo:

Yeah I like the idea of him having a news show that is only slightly related to Games with like a countdown or something like the BBC's Oddbox!
#11 Posted by Agent47CSim2 (1085 posts) -
@slinky6 said:
"@Guerrilla_Mason said:
" @VWGTI said:
" I don't think he's charismatic enough to have his own thing. "
Not to sound like a dick, but Ryan is?
"
you both sound like dicks, but whatevs!"
I agree with slinky6, shame on you both for saying such things.
#12 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

The Bombcast is Brad's feature.

#13 Posted by slinky6 (567 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" The Bombcast is Brad's feature. "
true, it showcases his most well known trait.
#14 Posted by Metroid545 (1823 posts) -
@Agent47CSim2 said:
" @slinky6 said:
"@Guerrilla_Mason said:
" @VWGTI said:
" I don't think he's charismatic enough to have his own thing. "
Not to sound like a dick, but Ryan is?
"
you both sound like dicks, but whatevs!"
I agree with slinky6, shame on you both for saying such things. "
tru that ya'll way to go and diss them both
#15 Edited by cc23574 (665 posts) -

He has an show where we just watch his sideburns.
Just that.

#16 Posted by Metroid545 (1823 posts) -
@slinky6 said:
" @Scooper said:
" The Bombcast is Brad's feature. "
true, it showcases his most well known trait. "
I actually think his feature would be the interviews. 1/10 times its not him interviewing and he is a great interviewer
#17 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@Metroid545 said:
" @slinky6 said:
" @Scooper said:
" The Bombcast is Brad's feature. "
true, it showcases his most well known trait. "
I actually think his feature would be the interviews. 1/10 times its not him interviewing and he is a great interviewer "
Actualy, I think Metroid's hit the nail, he is a great interviewer. He chops up those things.... literaly.
#18 Posted by FireBurger (1479 posts) -

Your acronym is backwards.

#19 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" @Metroid545 said:
" @slinky6 said:
" @Scooper said:
" The Bombcast is Brad's feature. "
true, it showcases his most well known trait. "
I actually think his feature would be the interviews. 1/10 times its not him interviewing and he is a great interviewer "
Actualy, I think Metroid's hit the nail, he is a great interviewer. He chops up those things.... literaly. "
I noticed that recently his shtick is interviews and he can give a great interview. Unlike anyone else from any news outlets, he does not ask the same questions about mass effect 2 saves or anyhting like that. He gets behind that stuff to ask the real questions that we don't know hte answer too!
#20 Edited by slinky6 (567 posts) -
@FireBurger said:
" Your acronym is backwards. "
you're correct.   i am retarded.   fixed er up though.
#21 Posted by Mikemcn (6955 posts) -

Brad talking for 10 mins about anything would be great

#22 Posted by EpicSteve (6471 posts) -

It should just be a weekly show of "how to take care of sideburns"

#23 Posted by Demo (263 posts) -

He could do the opposite of Ryan and do reviews/quick looks of movie to videogame tie-ins. There's more material to explore there than videogame to movie.

#24 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

Camera on him, and screen capping. Brad ER: Battletoads.

#25 Posted by MattyFTM (14342 posts) -

Brad on Helium. Each week he inhales helium and talks about random stuff. And because he's on helium he sounds like a normal person.

Moderator
#26 Posted by lemon360 (1102 posts) -
@MattyFTM: genius matty, GENIUS
#27 Posted by brainwins (251 posts) -

He enjoys talking and knowing about people in the industry. It'd be cool if he makes features about the big and not so big players in the videogame industry.
Of course in the good Giant Bomb style :P

#28 Posted by lemon360 (1102 posts) -

Well Brad has the perfect look, and voice to be a news anchor. Maybe twice a week, Mondays and Thursdays, he could do 5 minute recaps on what went on. Also Brad could simply have a "Brad's Top Ten Countdown!!" with a theme song and everything :D

#29 Posted by Muttinus_Rump (814 posts) -
@EpicSteve said:
" It should just be a weekly show of "how to take care of sideburns" "
This, combined with this:

@MattyFTM said:
" Brad on Helium. Each week he inhales helium and talks about random stuff. And because he's on helium he sounds like a normal person. "
That would be so awesome.
#30 Edited by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

Most interviews are done by *Drum roll* Brad. At least they seem to be, I think most people see him as the best interviewer, Vinny and Jeff the more comical ones, as well as Ryan, but aswell as TANG he also runs the bombcast.

#31 Posted by FlipperDesert (2081 posts) -

I think that DAMN would be awesome, provided he didn't snap during the NES era and jump out of a high-rise building.

I'd love more Brad videos though, he's very calming.

#32 Posted by makari (594 posts) -

Brad's regular feature is dying in Quick Looks, clearly

#33 Posted by slinky6 (567 posts) -
@Ineedaname said:
" Most interviews are done by *Drum roll* Brad. At least they seem to be, I think most people see him as the best interviewer, Vinny and Jeff the more comical ones, as well as Ryan, but aswell as TANG he also runs the bombcast. "
all the other guys do interviews too though (with the exception of vinny as far as I can remember as he's probably usually filming).   There is no purely brad feature.   Heh that'd be a pretty good name Purely Brad: Sideburn Maintenance.
#34 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

He does a lot of very good interviews.  Let 'em do what they want.

#35 Posted by Matthew (1911 posts) -

A few of you already mentioned him doing interviews.  Even throughout his time at GS, Brad was always off doing previews, meeting developers, making contacts, etc.  He's the man for that aspect of the whole shibang.  I've always thought of him like that.


Plus, with that voice, what female secretary would be able to resist giving him time in the planner - all they want is another chance to have the Smooth Voice of the South grace their office.
#36 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
@slinky6: Nooooo he can never do that because sideburns are known as bugger grips.
#37 Posted by MementoMori (189 posts) -

Brad does all the actual work - news posts, interviews etc.

#38 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -
@EpicSteve said:
"It should just be a weekly show of "how to take care of sideburns" "

agreeed.
#39 Posted by BlazBleu (108 posts) -

He doesn't really need a feature I think. He's the one mostly doing all the interviews for GB.

#40 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

Brad goes to game stores and hits on the chicks there.  After every episode, he counts up how many chicks were digging it and how many weren't.  Moreover...he has to hit on them with lines and suggestions that WE come up with.  = D

#41 Posted by slinky6 (567 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" Brad goes to game stores and hits on the chicks there.  After every episode, he counts up how many chicks were digging it and how many weren't.  Moreover...he has to hit on them with lines and suggestions that WE come up with.  = D "
You are winner

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.