Did anybody else notice that Brad...

#1 Posted by mordukai (7157 posts) -

Seems to be the only the one who does some actual work down at Giant Bomb. I mean, I know they are all equally working very hard, but it just so happens that every time, or most of the times, they make a video feature of some sort Ryan is the one doing the camera work, Vinny just ends up being there smiling (I love his smiles) like he just woke up, Jeff is either playing or talking to Ryan, and Brad is on the computer doing research or is the GB web site.  

#2 Posted by Delta_Ass (3282 posts) -

Yea, I've noticed that. Brad also seems to be the only one who regularly travels to events.

#3 Posted by Valames (726 posts) -
@Delta_Ass said:
" Yea, I've noticed that. Brad also seems to be the only one who regularly travels to events. "
Yeah I have noticed this one too. But I did see Jeff at the Borderlands deal interviewing peeps. But I do believe there was plenty of free booze there too. Hmmmmmmmmm
#4 Posted by Ping5000 (385 posts) -

That's why he talks the least in podcasts.

#5 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

He seems to be doing a lot of the stuff that's going up lately... He's merely catching up, after fattening up in Cackalacka, by the looks of things.

#6 Posted by mordukai (7157 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:
" He's merely catching up, after fattening up in Cackalacka, by the looks of things. "
OUCH!
#7 Posted by Suicrat (3764 posts) -

Not sure you're aware of this, but Brad does all his research and writing on a typewriter (don't ask me how, I didn't invent the internet), whenever he's in front of his computer, he's playing Scrabble on Facebook.

#8 Edited by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -

Just because Brad acts serious all the time doesn't mean he's necessarily working harder. The others just act more goofy around the camera and podcasts, they all have their specialties and contributions to the site. 

#9 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

@ Mordukai

I'm sure everyone else noticed in that how to build a PC thread...I don't think I have ever seen him look so chunky.  He's got a perfect excuse though. they do eat very well in Carolina, loads of BBQ's and heavy soul food type dishes that are definitely fattening. Added to the fact that when you go home, it's very important to keep mom happy, by eating her food frequently, I know that's true of visits to my mom.

#10 Posted by Valames (726 posts) -
@Jolly_Lolly: And I wouldn't have it any other way. *song*
#11 Posted by mordukai (7157 posts) -
@Linkyshinks: I know. I lived in South Carolina for a while.  

@Jolly_Lolly said:
" Just because Brad acts serious all the time doesn't mean he's necessarily working harder. The others just act more goofy around the camera and podcasts, they all their specialties and contributions to the site.  "
Humor topic Jolly_Jolly. Don't you think I know that all the GB staff are working very hard????
#12 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

Brad's Rad.

End of story.

#13 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -
@Coltonio7 said:
"Brad's Rad.  End of story. "
#14 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

yeah he's quite the interviewing worm !!

#15 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:
" @ Mordukai  I'm sure everyone else noticed in that how to build a PC thread...I don't think I have ever seen him look so chunky.  He's got a perfect excuse though. they do eat very well in Carolina, loads of BBQ's and heavy soul food type dishes that are definitely fattening. Added to the fact that when you go home, it's very important to keep mom happy, by eating her food frequently, I know that's true of visits to my mom. "
great.  Thanks for making me hungry and craving BBQ at two in the morning.  Where am I gonna  get BBQ at 2?  hmmm?  HMMMMM??!!!!!!

It also kinda sucked how they were all so lazy they forced Brad to build that computer all by himself in that video.
#16 Posted by mordukai (7157 posts) -
@ArchScabby said:
" @Linkyshinks said:
" @ Mordukai  I'm sure everyone else noticed in that how to build a PC thread...I don't think I have ever seen him look so chunky.  He's got a perfect excuse though. they do eat very well in Carolina, loads of BBQ's and heavy soul food type dishes that are definitely fattening. Added to the fact that when you go home, it's very important to keep mom happy, by eating her food frequently, I know that's true of visits to my mom. "
great.  Thanks for making me hungry and craving BBQ at two in the morning.  Where am I gonna  get BBQ at 2?  hmmm?  HMMMMM??!!!!!!   It also kinda sucked how they were all so lazy they forced Brad to build that computer all by himself in that video. "
BBQ at 2 in the morning...Wal-Mart!
#17 Edited by Tearhead (2177 posts) -
@Delta_Ass said:

" Yea, I've noticed that. Brad also seems to be the only one who regularly travels to events. "

He seems to be the "Pre-view guy". Kinda like he was at Game Spot.
#18 Posted by mordukai (7157 posts) -
@Tearhead said:
" @Delta_Ass said:

He seems to be the "Pre-view guy". Kinda like he was at Game Spot. "
He is a very good interviewer.
#19 Posted by onyxghost (312 posts) -

Brad is the straight man. Every comedy team needs one. 

#20 Posted by inkeiren (989 posts) -
@onyxghost said:
" Brad is the straight man. Every comedy team needs one.  "
Best 8th post ever.
#21 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2403 posts) -

Lol now that you mention it, in most office videos we see, it's always the guys playing around and Brad staring straight into a monitor in the background.

#22 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

#23 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

I do notice he is always on the computer during the videos and he is frequently at events. Good for him; many say he is the scholar of the group.

#24 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

I think the other dudes just do more of the behind the scenes work.  Vinny does all the video and editing, Jeff and Ryan probably handle any sort of business ties (?), and Brad seems to be the one out and about covering events and what not.

#25 Posted by mikeeegeee (1574 posts) -
@CL60 said:

"  
"

Wow, Bradley! You look a fair amount different. I hope you get laid plenty these days
#26 Edited by auspiciousqueue (1298 posts) -

No, Brad's voice does all the work. Not him.

#27 Posted by Keeng (1001 posts) -
@inkeiren said:
" @onyxghost said:
Best 8th post ever. "
ROFL
#28 Posted by natetodamax (19212 posts) -
@Keeng said:
" @inkeiren said:
" @onyxghost said:
Best 8th post ever. "
ROFL "
Welcome to 5 months ago!
#29 Posted by DystopiaX (5334 posts) -
@auspiciousqueue said:
" No, Brad's voice does all the work. Not him. "
this is the truth. 

/randombumpedthread?
#30 Posted by bonbolapti (1617 posts) -

Brad's just quiet.
#31 Posted by Keeng (1001 posts) -
@natetodamax: @DystopiaX: Haha I know this thread is super old. I don't spend as much time in the forums as I should and somehow I stumbled upon this thread today. Random bumps FTW.
#32 Posted by JonathanMoore (1858 posts) -
@auspiciousqueue said:
" No, Brad's voice does all the work. Not him. "
Finished, this topic is done.
#33 Posted by Mikemcn (6996 posts) -
@LiquidSwords said:
"@Coltonio7 said:
"Brad's Rad.  End of story. "
"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.