Fallout 3

#1 Posted by sagesebas (2004 posts) -

An S rank, wow I have alot of trouble with that game, and I mean alot.

#2 Posted by Cwaff (1260 posts) -

I almost have an S rank on Fallout 3, just have to finish up Mothership Zeta... which I really cannot be bothered with...

#3 Posted by sagesebas (2004 posts) -

I think this proves the "pulling a Brad" thing is just a myth.

#4 Posted by odintal (1095 posts) -

on the pc version you can unlock all of the achievements through console commands.

#5 Posted by EpicSteve (6492 posts) -

Why is this in Brad's forum?

#6 Posted by masterherocard (419 posts) -
@sagesebas said:
"I think this proves the "pulling a Brad" thing is just a myth. "

It's probably just easier to pull a brad when your on camera.
#7 Posted by xyzygy (10030 posts) -

You can easily get all achievements by using a command, like odintal said.

#8 Posted by HoldenLaFayette (41 posts) -
@masterherocard said:
" @sagesebas said:
It's probably just easier to pull a brad when your on camera. "
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't achievements in Fallout just a matter of sinking time to get them? I've never played the DLC, but I don't remember the main game being particularly hard...
#9 Posted by bwooduhs (1618 posts) -

Im missing the stupid datalog achievement for my s rank.

#10 Posted by 9cupsoftea (654 posts) -
@HoldenLaFayette said:
" @masterherocard said:
" @sagesebas said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't achievements in Fallout just a matter of sinking time to get them? I've never played the DLC, but I don't remember the main game being particularly hard... "
Yea, even if you play on easy you don't lose out on achievements. The hardest ones to get though are the 'good/bad/neutral at level 8/10/14' achievements. The only way to get those is to have three seperate playthroughs I think. 
#11 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1789 posts) -

I would do it, but that game has a lot of DLC, and I don't think it's all worth it.

#12 Posted by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

What's so hard about a Fallout 3 S-rank? You just have to spend enough time on it and maybe use some collection guides.

#13 Posted by sagesebas (2004 posts) -
@Bennyishere: Eh I dunno, I found the game to be tough and S-Ranks seem to be pretty tough to get overall, never played more than a few hours of Fallout 3 though
#14 Posted by NakAttack (1289 posts) -
@sagesebas: youll get itman, just stick to it
#15 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

An S-rank is fairly impressive. I wish I could play the game, if only I hadn't lost it.

#16 Posted by Gamer_152 (14091 posts) -

I've loved Fallout 3 but I'm not sure if I could go for the S-Rank. Completing all the quests would be very enjoyable but I'm a bit reluctant to get into the realms of building every weapon in the game.

#17 Edited by JJWeatherman (14560 posts) -

This game is $20 brand new these days. Should I buy it, or hold out for New Vegas? 

Any suggestions?

#18 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -
@JJWeatherman:  Unless you hate how Bethesda goes about designing things, get the GOTY edition and watch your life slip away. It'll be worth it.
#19 Posted by JJWeatherman (14560 posts) -
@owl_of_minerva said:
" @JJWeatherman:  Unless you hate how Bethesda goes about designing things, get the GOTY edition and watch your life slip away. It'll be worth it. "
Arg, I really want to, but the GOTY version is back up to $60. That's still a great deal though with all the DLC.
#20 Edited by Kowbrainz (923 posts) -
@9cupsoftea said:

" @HoldenLaFayette said:

" @masterherocard said:
" @sagesebas said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't achievements in Fallout just a matter of sinking time to get them? I've never played the DLC, but I don't remember the main game being particularly hard... "
Yea, even if you play on easy you don't lose out on achievements. The hardest ones to get though are the 'good/bad/neutral at level 8/10/14' achievements. The only way to get those is to have three seperate playthroughs I think.  "
Nah, you can make a save right before you level up with a good character then just take stuff from peoples' houses in Megaton if you want the others.

I S Ranked this game in January or Feburary, not that tough if you stick with the game (although bobbleheads was annoying as I had to forfeit 40 hours' worth of progress to go back for one).
#21 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -
@JJWeatherman:  Yeah, that's a significant amount of money, so I know where you're coming from. Nevertheless, you can easily play the main campaign alone for 60-100 hours if you want to explore (more if you decide you want to come back later and experiment with a different character/alignment) and with DLC it's offering a pretty impressive dollar-to-gameplay ratio. It's insane how addicting that game can be, especially if you have a good gaming setup.
At the very least you should get the stand-alone version; I wouldn't skip Fallout 3 for New Vegas.
#22 Posted by sagesebas (2004 posts) -

I found the game to be cool so far, haven't played much, I've been enjoying Mass Effect a lot lately. I feel like Fallout 3 requires a lot of time, and for what I played it was kind of frustrating. 

I'd say its definitely worth getting though, 60 bucks for the game and all the DLC is pretty good.

#23 Posted by DystopiaX (5335 posts) -
@sagesebas said:
" I think this proves the "pulling a Brad" thing is just a myth. "
Watch his video. Seriously. 

Anyway, congrats to Brad. I'd have this except I'm too cheap to pay for mediocre DLC (Pitt, Mothership Zeta, Anchorage) and I don't want to play as a neutral character.
#24 Posted by sagesebas (2004 posts) -
@DystopiaX: which video might that be?
#25 Posted by DystopiaX (5335 posts) -
@sagesebas said:
" @DystopiaX: which video might that be? "
Any video, other than Doom 2. The ER, etc. go to his page on this site, watch the countless pullin' a brad moments, etc. 
I love the man, but goddamn he's bad at games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.