Braid for 800 Microsoft Points on XBL!!!

#1 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

If you have not experienced the greatness that is Braid, you finally have no excuses to resist!!! You might be planning on getting it on the PC soon, but if the price was the one obstacle to getting it (it was $15 before), this week only it is 800 Microsoft Points ($10).  The deal shouldn't last long, so get it soon!

Some of you who have already played may have forgotten its impact, so buy it again! Oh, wait, you can't. Then buy it on another account. Err...just get it if you haven't already, ;)

Source

#2 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Good deal, man. Good looking out. It's a great game, and at $10, people have no excuse for not getting it.

#3 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

Any insane person who didnt buy it already now has no excuse, $10 is a steal

#4 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

Perfect time on when I don't have Microsoft Points.

#5 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

I saw this last night, either Lost & Damned or Braid.

I took Lost & Damned and Geometry wars, plan on getting Braid this weekend.

#6 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -
RandomHero666 said:
"I saw this last night, either Lost & Damned or Braid.

"
I guess that is a good purchase, but don't forget that Braid is only $10 for about a week. Get to it quick!
#7 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -
RHCPfan24 said:
"RandomHero666 said:
"I saw this last night, either Lost & Damned or Braid.

"
I guess that is a good purchase, but don't forget that Braid is only $10 for about a week. Get to it quick!
"
About a week? Oh, that is plenty of time. I guess the deal will extend into early March, giving me some time over the weekend to bust out some Microsoft Points.
#8 Posted by natetodamax (19193 posts) -

No excuse for not buying Braid at 800 points? Bullshit. I played the demo, hated it, so I do have an excuse for not wasting $10 on a shitty Mario rip-off.

#9 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -
natetodamax said:
"No excuse for not buying Braid at 800 points? Bullshit. I played the demo, hated it, so I do have an excuse for not wasting $10 on a shitty Mario rip-off.
"
PPPFFFTTTT.. all I can do is laugh at your naive face
#10 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -
natetodamax said:
"No excuse for not buying Braid at 800 points? Bullshit. I played the demo, hated it, so I do have an excuse for not wasting $10 on a shitty Mario rip-off.
"
Umm, it is not a Mario rip-off and actually uses that theme to shield its true meaning. Uh-oh I am getting into spoiler territory. Go play it, finish it and experience it and then get back to me. It is definitely not a shitty platformer; in fact, it isn't a platformer, it's a puzzle game. An extremely hard puzzle game. Yet it has an extreme sense of satisfaction. I am not kidding when I say that Braid was in my Top 5 games of last year and that it deserves all the accolades and glowing reviews it has received.
#11 Posted by GobiasIndustries (356 posts) -

Gotsta wait for the PC one.

#12 Posted by natetodamax (19193 posts) -
Whisperkill said:
"natetodamax said:
"
PPPFFFTTTT.. all I can do is laugh at your naive face
"
You're retarded if you laugh at people with a different opinion than you.
#13 Posted by Shadow (4979 posts) -

Unlike you noobs, I listen to the definative authority on video games, aka the master of all trades known as Soulja Boy.  Having watched his video review and seeing as I neither drink beer and get drunk, or smoke weed and get high, I would never enjoy this game.  Unless you do, have fun wasting 10 bucks on something you will never play

#14 Edited by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -
TheGreatGuero said:
"Good deal, man. Good looking out. It's a great game, and at $10, people have no excuse for not getting it.
"
people didn't have any excuse to not buying it at 15 bucks.
#15 Posted by Player1 (3864 posts) -

great news.

#16 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -
Shadow said:
"

Unlike you noobs, I listen to the definative authority on video games, aka the master of all trades known as Soulja Boy.  Having watched his video review and seeing as I neither drink beer and get drunk, or smoke weed and get high, I would never enjoy this game.  Unless you do, have fun wasting 10 bucks on something you will never play

"
Haha...?
#17 Posted by DoctorTran (1556 posts) -

Bought it... dig it.

#18 Posted by Megalon (1392 posts) -

That game better sell like hot cakes at fat camp with that kind of price.

#19 Posted by DXSSI (266 posts) -
Whisperkill said:
"Any insane person who didnt buy it already now has no excuse, $10 is a steal"
I loved Braid, but boy do I hate this argument.  No one has the time or the resources to play every game, even all the critically-acclaimed ones.  This may push some holdouts over the edge (good), but frankly to buy a game—any game—but only because it's $10 and other people liked it and paid more money than that means you have a serious lack of willpower or brains, or both.
#20 Posted by Meltbrain (2969 posts) -

Fuck! I bought this like not even a month ago thinking "Oh man, it's been 1200 points for this long now I guess they're never gonna lower it down. Might aswell pick it up!". Shit!

#21 Posted by Daz0608 (384 posts) -

Picked it up yesterday and was really impressed with it, I didn't think that I would like it as much as I did

#22 Posted by Maxszy (2064 posts) -

I admit I am one who hasn't got it yet.. but this price tag will do it for sure I think. Thanks for the heads up!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.