Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Braid

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 06, 2008

Manipulate time to complete puzzles in this 2D platform game made by indie developer Jonathan Blow.

Braid's website shouts out to Giant Bomb.

vhold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By vhold

http://braid-game.com/news/?p=328

I agree, it's a great review, and I'm on the exact same page when it comes to these "Are Games Art!?" argument.  If the game is fun, that's good art in and of itself.  Braid is a fun game.

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Riddler

coolz

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By DualReaver

Someone posted this a few days ago, glad to see GiantBomb is getting noticed.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    DualReaver said:
    "Someone posted this a few days ago, glad to see GiantBomb is getting noticed."
    Maybe someday it'll be one of the big guys. For some reason, though, I don't thin k that would be very good, though. I like the intimate foursome they have going on. It is four, right?
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pause422

oh that is really cool, great to see that they noticed it like that.

creamstatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By creamstatic

awesome. GB Rocks

and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By and333
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "DualReaver said:
    "Someone posted this a few days ago, glad to see GiantBomb is getting noticed."
    Maybe someday it'll be one of the big guys. For some reason, though, I don't thin k that would be very good, though. I like the intimate foursome they have going on. It is four, right?"
    I think its better that they got noticed by a smaller guy, cause the guys at Giantbomb, I think, don't want the huge mainstream attention but the small underground attention cause they are more sensible people!
    vhold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vhold

I think they can have a decently popular website and still be just 4 guys doing all of the reviews.  They just have to review the games that matter to them, and therefore, their audience.  They don't have to pay attention to everything.  They just have to do a good job and speak to the people that relate to them.  So far, they pretty much have.

Unfortunately, as any online community becomes more popular, it always becomes worse.  I've seen it happen dozens of times for nearly 20 years now.  Everything just becomes a mass of redundant noise.

Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Hannibal

I think if it gets big that'll be good, because the true value of GB is its wiki and the amount of editorial content that they have is perfect right now. Maybe if they added someone awesome that we all know already, like Brian Ekberg or Rich Gallup, it would be cool. They just need to make sure to keep their creativity flowing and not make it another "On the Spot" type thing where everything is pretty expected. They could never make the Video Thing if they were big though, so i don't know.

DerBonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DerBonk

Seriously, I have my doubts abou GiantBomb. They are delivering high quality content, that's for sure, I LOVE the Video stuff and the podcast (that 2human one was awesome beyond belief), but I can't really see where the money will come from. Is advertising really enough? We'll see. Then again, I'd gladly pay a few bucks for some of the ocntent on the site. But calling GiantBomb underground or hardcore is missing the point I think...

vhold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vhold

The main thing I worry about is being able to maintain their journalistic integrity while living off of advertising.

That issue is basically how Giant Bomb came to be in the first place.  If Jeff Gertsmann hadn't been fired from Gamespot over the Kayne and Lynch review, would this place exist?  I really don't think it would.  That sequence of events led just enough people to follow Jeff to this place to really plant a community seed big enough to possibly sustain itself.

Tons of sites have tried to grow out of nothing and failed.  It was the controversy and attention around that gamespot debacle that laid the groundwork for this site.

SonicBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SonicBomb

Awesome.

VyyyE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By VyyyE

Sweet. Good thing this site is getting recognition.

But let's face it, it was a prime video review.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Rowr
    vhold said:
    "The main thing I worry about is being able to maintain their journalistic integrity while living off of advertising.

That issue is basically how Giant Bomb came to be in the first place.  If Jeff Gertsmann hadn't been fired from Gamespot over the Kayne and Lynch review, would this place exist?  I really don't think it would.  That sequence of events led just enough people to follow Jeff to this place to really plant a community seed big enough to possibly sustain itself.

Tons of sites have tried to grow out of nothing and failed.  It was the controversy and attention around that gamespot debacle that laid the groundwork for this site."
    As long as jeff is here i dont think you have to worry about journalistic integrity on this site.

The dude knows ethics.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.