Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Braid

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 06, 2008

Manipulate time to complete puzzles in this 2D platform game made by indie developer Jonathan Blow.

Epilogue Cloud

Sideburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sideburn

... What does it do? - It must do something!

snuggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By snuggles

You mean its there more than just to drive me to suicide?

DerBonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DerBonk

I'm not sure if it does anything, can't imagine what. Then again, I wouldn't have found most stars on my own....

JMonkeYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By JMonkeYJ

i just wanted to resuscitate this thread because this is the only place i can find it being discussed (anywhere else??) and it's driving me crazy. it just can't be there for decoration. the other things that make me suspicious in the epilogue:

- the books that are immune to time manupilation in the first room for seemingly no reason.
    - the extra "singing" spot on the far left in the first room
    - the extra singing spot in the pit in the 2nd room, since you can't see text from there
    - the anti-time aura you keep after getting on the platform in the 4th room
    - THAT DAMN CLOUD!!

i thought maybe some user time manipulation was in order, so i started fiddling around with the system clock. i did the following:

- set the date to 8/6/2008 this is the date is was released and also the anniversary of the hiroshima A-bomb
    - 7/16/2008 the date of the "trinity" first A-bomb test
    - some time in 2005 (the earliest year the console goes)
    - some time in 2025 (the latest year)

none of these had any apparent effect on the epilogue. side note: just cuz i was trying the A-bomb dates doesn't mean i buy into the princess=bomb theory...i just had no other dates to try!

i have all the stars, but have not completed any time trials. my next step is to start doing the time trials.

any other ideas out there?? i thought the changing the system clock thing seemed really good :-(
    Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Bennyishere

I doubt it'll just magically unveil itself as a new (third?) ending. I believe most of the things you list have been figured out, just check a FAQ. Personally I do not remember, since it's been a while since I finished Braid.

The thing about Braid's story is that it's ambiguous. The bomb theory is there because it makes sense. There are just so many things that point to it in the game. Still, the developer says that's not the whole story. So really, you won't ever get to see concrete evidence of what the story really is about, so you'll have to make up a theory based on your own experience.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Rowr

the cloud is there just to fuck with the people trying to decode the game to much.

JMonkeYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JMonkeYJ

just for the record, the oddities i mentioned are not addressed in any FAQ i have seen.

i'm not necessarily expecting a 3rd ending, and perhaps the people that talk about these things being there for no reason because Tim doesn't need to obsess anymore are correct, but dammit, i'm still obsessing for now ;-) they just seem so conspicuous.
    TomboDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TomboDemon

well i think it must be connected to that floating cloud at the end of a chapter in world 1,
    its to the right of the in-chapter puzzle frame that u need to move to get the puzzle piece.
    i think it has to be reached by getting the creature over there somehow, but theres no way of doing that to my knowledge

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By oraknabo
    TomboDemon said:
    "i think it has to be reached by getting the creature over there somehow"
    *SPOILER*
    That cloud moves left very slowly and after an hour or two, reaches a place where it can be reached.
    TomboDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TomboDemon
    oraknabo said:
    "TomboDemon said:
    "i think it has to be reached by getting the creature over there somehow"
    *SPOILER*
    That cloud moves left very slowly and after an hour or two, reaches a place where it can be reached."
    wow thanks tonnes!
    Sideburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sideburn

... So what does the cloud in World 1 do? - More bloody clouds that don't do anything! - Why? Why dammit!?

:)

Slunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Slunks

I'm personally waiting for the PC version to come out just to see if other sneaky hacking can detect anything with the cloud.

Avatar image for corronchilejano
    Corronchilejano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Corronchilejano

Just to name something that seems weird to me... have you noticed there are actually 2 clouds there, one imposed over the other? You can faintly see how one is a little bit in front of the other, clearly on the left side.

Slunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Slunks

Thanks for bumping this thread, as I completely forgot about it!

I checked out the cloud in the level editor for the PC version and didn't come across anything strange involving the cloud. Oh well.

ziggie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ziggie

Hi I just wanted to copy a link for an image I found while researching the Epilogue Cloud. http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3716/braidshot1200906260429.jpg

It's from the spanish version of the game.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By jonnyboy

Let me get this out, I LOVE this game. That said the one thing that has always annoyed me about Braid is the really esoteric concept. I hate feeling I'm not smart enough to fully appreciate this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.