Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Braid

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 06, 2008

Manipulate time to complete puzzles in this 2D platform game made by indie developer Jonathan Blow.

Finally beat Braid.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I got it when it came out (on XBLA), and I played it on and off from the start. I remember going far enough through each to get to every single level. And just last night I noticed I was almost finished. So I actually finished it. Surprisingly, considering how I thought it would take longer and... it was hard when I played it last! I'm just surprised I finished it. Basically, what I really wanted to say is; the ending is sad... I don't know if I would try and go through it again though.  

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I went back to Braid the other day to see if I could pick up some of the puzzle pieces I haven't got yet and was instantly reminded how mentally challenging that game is. It might be a long time before I complete it.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

Braid's awesome. I beat it in like two days I think. It's funny though because I've come back to it a couple times and I can't for the life of me remember the exact execution of a certain puzzle. It's kinda bugging me now.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NTM
    @Gamer_152:
    I know what you mean. So I'm just glad I was far enough into it to be motivated to go further. There were so many times I was thinking "-sigh- Damnit! I'm gonna use a freakin' walkthrough soon..." But I never did. So it makes me happy. I would have used one, if I didn't hate walkthroughs or guides. That's also the reason why I probably won't go through it again, since I don't remember how to even do some of them I'm sure.
    gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By gunslingerNZ

I found the ending really interesting and unexpected. While I was playing it I totally didn't pick up on that second layer of social commentary there at all and the whole time reversal deception thing on the final stage was really genius. Tim is a bad bad man...

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By DharmaBum

It's a great game to go back to and enjoy even if you've already completed it. Trying to remember all of the 'solutions' - especially in the later worlds - is a challenge even for someone who has beaten it before. I still haven't attempted a speed run, but plan to eventually to test my prowess.

If you're looking for a true challenge, try to unlock the 8 secret stars!

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By c1337us

The only thing I haven't done in that game is a speed run. I waited a long time to finally play that game though and when I did I found it way easier then I expected and not nearly as good. Braid is alright.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.