Is Braid pc fake?

#1 Edited by banned8921 (1246 posts) -

I want to play braid but all i have is a pc. Where can I buy braid? if its not retail where can i download braid?

thanks.
#2 Edited by Justaddwater (291 posts) -

Im afraid its 360 only I think.

A few sites have it down as TBA 08 release on the PC though.

#3 Posted by Yocke (62 posts) -

Yeah it's coming for the PC in the fall. Possibly with some additions according to the developer in last week's 1up show.

#4 Posted by banned8921 (1246 posts) -

Will it be downloadable only.?

#5 Posted by Relys (984 posts) -

I heard it was coming out in December.

Also, they're thinking about putting it on the PSN.

They just have an exclusive thing with Microsoft going on right now.

I think Braid would have done better if it was on Steam.

#6 Edited by banned8921 (1246 posts) -

I want to stay away from steam because you cant mod the game if you buy 3rd party games from steam. I prefer retail or direct2drive. I was hoping for custom levels.

#7 Edited by UrbanGuerilla (103 posts) -
Levio91 said:
"I want to stay away from steam because you cant mod the game if you buy 3rd party games from steam. I prefer retail or direct2drive. I was hoping for custom levels."
Are you sure about that? I was sure that there were mods available for Audiosurf. Keep in mind that the mods don't have to be on the steam service itself.
#8 Edited by Xymox (2115 posts) -

PCs haven't had a decent platformer in years.
It's good to see braid on the way, and I will defo support it when it comes out.

Hopefully we can go old school and use the arrows + ctrl + alt.
But it's not like PCs can't use 360 controllers.

#9 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1743 posts) -

Well 360 and PC is basicly the same platform, so it should be very easy to put it on the PC, so it probably just a question on when Microsoft's exclusivity deal runs out.

#10 Posted by Rowr (5824 posts) -
UrbanGuerilla said:
"Levio91 said:
"I want to stay away from steam because you cant mod the game if you buy 3rd party games from steam. I prefer retail or direct2drive. I was hoping for custom levels."
Are you sure about that? I was sure that there were mods available for Audiosurf. Keep in mind that the mods don't have to be on the steam service itself."
Ive modded games off steam. Most recently Deus Ex.
#11 Posted by banned8921 (1246 posts) -

you cant mod off steam or it wont run. It autoupdates and deletes the files. and also I have a 360 controller.

#12 Edited by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -

I used to avoid third party games on Steam for that reason but if you take a look in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common   the games are just installed just like any normal game right there.

I went back to modding Doom 3 on RoE and it's worked fine for me.

#13 Posted by dQuarters (178 posts) -
Relys said:
they're thinking about putting it on the PSN.
I hope they do. More people gotta play this.
#14 Edited by banned8921 (1246 posts) -

Its still not out for pc

p.s. almost 3000 views and only 14 responses.
#15 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -

dont worry, braid is just an average arcade title.  it's nothing special at all

#16 Posted by Milkman (17316 posts) -
SmugDarkLoser said:
"dont worry, braid is just an average arcade title.  it's nothing special at all"
No, you're very wrong.
#17 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -
Levio91 said:
"you cant mod off steam or it wont run. It autoupdates and deletes the files. and also I have a 360 controller."
Your kidding right?

Just backup the mod files in a seperate folder and reload them when it finishes updating. The source engine is infamous for mods.
#18 Posted by PureRok (4236 posts) -
Gunner said:
"Levio91 said:
"you cant mod off steam or it wont run. It autoupdates and deletes the files. and also I have a 360 controller."
Your kidding right?

Just backup the mod files in a seperate folder and reload them when it finishes updating. The source engine is infamous for mods."
Or just tell Steam not to auto-update games.
#19 Posted by BoG (5192 posts) -

Why would you care about custom levels? There's no point to the game, it's just for people who smoke weed and get high and who drink beer and get drunk.

Anyways, I wouldn't worry about being able to mod it or not, mods may just do harm to this product, as each puzzle is so masterfully crafted.
#20 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

No Braid pc is not fake, its just taking its time getting here

#21 Posted by Jeff (3662 posts) -

Weirdly enough, the first time I ever played Braid was on a PC.

Staff
#22 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -
Jeff said:
"Weirdly enough, the first time I ever played Braid was on a PC."
How'd you manage that one?? 
#23 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -

It's coming, and I think it will be a download

#24 Posted by Jeff (3662 posts) -
OmegaPirate said:
"Jeff said:
"Weirdly enough, the first time I ever played Braid was on a PC."
How'd you manage that one?? 
"

Mr. Blow had a non-final build of the game running on a PC that he sent around for preview purposes.
Staff
#25 Edited by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -

Don't worry.  Braid isn't even that good.  It's not even the best XBLA game.  Castle Crashers is better.  So is Alien Hominid.  And Portal (if you count that).  And then N+.
It's so overrated. 

The game really reminds me of Dinsey's Fantasia in Hollywood Studios.  It's essentially screaming "hey!  I'm sophisticated art" when in reality it has no taste at all and isn't that good.

#26 Posted by Player1 (3892 posts) -
Levio91 said:
Why would you want to mod braid?
#27 Posted by jakob187 (21759 posts) -

We ALL know that there are OTHER reasons why Levio doesn't want to use Steam...and if you don't, then man...you need to get "in the know".

Oh, and fuck Braid.
#28 Posted by jakob187 (21759 posts) -
daniel_beck_90 said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"Don't worry.  Braid isn't even that good.  It's not even the best XBLA game. 
believe it or not , Baird is the best and most popular XBLA ever. just go and search for its reviews and you'll know where I am coming from"
*points at TMNT 1989 Arcade*
Ahem...you were saying?  NOTHING beats TMNT...EVAR!
#29 Posted by baldycornrow (1 posts) -
#30 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

Thanks for the info baldycornrow, I would definately check that out, but damn you for bumping an old Levio thread. You got my hopes up and dash them all in a second.

#31 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Haha, me too, it always happens when somebody resurrects one :)

It just makes me happy to see his avatar.

#32 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -

Levio91 's soul is once again alive !!!

#33 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

*sighs* Yeh the memories. Ha ha.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.