jecrell's Braid (Xbox 360 Games Store) review

• jecrell wrote this review on .
  • jecrell has written a total of 14 reviews. The last one was for Fable II

The hidden story made my jaw drop

Braid has a story, hidden within its time-oriented gameplay elements that help sell it of Tim and his search for the princess. Even at the ending it left me guessing as to what it all meant. The gameplay itself is mind-bending, each time asking your mind once you've gotten used to a particular kind of gameplay to reset and relearn from the beginning new ways to control time to complete objectives by unlocking doors and retrieving pieces of the puzzles that reveal the life of Tim.  But even when the game is finished at the epilogue, more is to be done, for Tim, like myself, wasn't satisfied with that, and we toiled through the game to retrieve the alternative ending.

This game's developer wanted an emotional response, well it certainly got me.