Atomic Games' Breach Gets Dated For XBLA And PC

Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -
Atomic GamesBreach has been pushed back a couple of times since its debut at PAX East, so consider this a heads-up: the game is now gold and slated to hit both Xbox Live Arcade and PC on Jan. 26, 2011. 

The PC version is special in a couple of ways. It’ll be distributed digitally, of course, but it’ll also hit store shelves. According to a recent Atomic Games press release, Breach in a box will be at most major retailers, presumably for the $19.99 price point that the developer is announcing in general for the PC version. Also, this version will feature a couple of tech enhancements for explosions, as well as a “higher-performance” hardcore mode and dedicated server support.  

Breach for XBLA is priced at 1200 Microsoft Points.

I did dig what I saw of the game at PAX, mainly because of its slower-paced play which made it feel like more of a methodical multiplayer shooter rather than a slug-festy one like Black Ops or what have you. We'll have to see if it lives up to its potential when it hits in a couple of weeks.
#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -
Atomic GamesBreach has been pushed back a couple of times since its debut at PAX East, so consider this a heads-up: the game is now gold and slated to hit both Xbox Live Arcade and PC on Jan. 26, 2011. 

The PC version is special in a couple of ways. It’ll be distributed digitally, of course, but it’ll also hit store shelves. According to a recent Atomic Games press release, Breach in a box will be at most major retailers, presumably for the $19.99 price point that the developer is announcing in general for the PC version. Also, this version will feature a couple of tech enhancements for explosions, as well as a “higher-performance” hardcore mode and dedicated server support.  

Breach for XBLA is priced at 1200 Microsoft Points.

I did dig what I saw of the game at PAX, mainly because of its slower-paced play which made it feel like more of a methodical multiplayer shooter rather than a slug-festy one like Black Ops or what have you. We'll have to see if it lives up to its potential when it hits in a couple of weeks.
#2 Edited by cancerdancer (314 posts) -

Sounds good!

edit: HOLY SHIT

#3 Posted by Sin4profit (2910 posts) -

oh yeah...that thing

#4 Posted by karatetron (690 posts) -

Seems like a cool little game.

#5 Posted by imavapor96 (7 posts) -

Sweet!  I got to play it at PAX East and it was awesome!  Can't wait to download it.

#6 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

The visuals in some of the screenshots look a little bad. I wonder if it's to get the size down or because of processing limitations due to the destruction.

#7 Posted by SuperSambo (2854 posts) -

Looking forward to playing it, should be fun.

#8 Posted by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -

I really enjoy these MP shooters for XBLA. If it's as good as MNC or 1943 it should have a strong community.

#9 Posted by ShaolinSpade (158 posts) -

I'm really looking forward to this but I'm afraid it's gonna launch dead. There hasn't really been much promotion or hype for it. 

#10 Edited by sharma55 (458 posts) -

I feel like checking it out but I'm super burnt out on FPSs right now and I'm worried about the adoption rate on this thing. Also, Little Big 2.

#11 Posted by fugie7 (1108 posts) -

i was wondering when this game was going to be release. Now i know, i better get some more  points so i can purchase this.

#12 Posted by Riddell (342 posts) -

I've been keeping my eye on this after seeing some gameplay videos last year. Hopefully the game will a) be good b) attract a decent community.

#13 Posted by heremy8 (11 posts) -

Quick look please!

#14 Posted by DarthB (247 posts) -

If this demo turns out good, I'll buy it.

#15 Posted by REDRUN (1410 posts) -

Well it's about time!... glad to see it coming soon.

#16 Posted by Wandrecanada (402 posts) -

I'd rather be Stacking than Breaching... but I guess they have been waiting a long time to launch this thing.

#17 Posted by ZeroCast (1869 posts) -

Thank you Brad.N for giving us this insight on a game that was never on my radar. Now, I can't wait to buy it.

#18 Posted by captain_clayman (3319 posts) -

cool, a game with a pc version that might be alright.

#19 Posted by Tiago (92 posts) -

Been looking forward to it ever since it was shown off at PAX. 

Remind me of Rainbow Six Vegas (cover system) but with full dynamic destruction, and I loved Rainbow Six Vegas, and I love destruction. YES PLEASE! Will definitely buy, this game will sell itself if people like the trial on XBLA. $15 will have a lot of impulse buys, as long as there are enough people playing I will be happy.

#20 Posted by CalebTheBerge (1 posts) -

This is the first that I've even heard of this game what's supposed to be special about it? Online?

#21 Posted by MrKlorox (11208 posts) -

I'll try it. I just don't understand the price disparity between PC and Xbox. Aren't PC games usually cheaper?

#22 Posted by HadesTimes (803 posts) -

I was excited for this game around PAX, now I dunno.  I guess I will have to try it and see.  Apparently they consulted with real armed forces folks in the development.  While not a new thing by any means, it "supposedly" changed the way some things were presented. It will be worth a try at least.

#23 Posted by Jackel2072 (2237 posts) -

already looking better then Black Light Tango down... Christ that was a horrible game.

#24 Posted by monkeystick (191 posts) -

Super low system requirements on this title but it still looks nice.. That's refreshing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.