Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Brink

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 10, 2011

A multiplayer-focused, class-based first-person shooter running on id Tech 4, in which oppressive soldiers and anarchistic terrorists battle for the few remaining resources on a failed paradise known as the Ark.

BRINK

RoboJeebus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By RoboJeebus

I picked up Brink last week, and I have not put it down, I totally understand the criticism and I have experienced the lag, however when you get into a lag free session (not as hard as some make out) and if you can round up some human squad mates and opponents (again not as hard a some make out) this game is highly addictive.

the specific itch this scratches is the feeling it gives that I am key to the team, I play a medic and my wingman usually rocks an engineer class, I have played the other classes as well, but when you have a team of people who are all playing to the current objective it just works so well, it's also amazing how quickly you can get flipped if someone isn't holding up their end of the deal, so for example the other night we had an engineer in with us who was great at laying mines and turrets, he backed out and the rounds after that were noticeably missing his influence, we adapt and re think our tactics and we managed to pull it round but one less guy doing his part really made you feel the extra burden.

the versus mode is great too, I have had some really close tug of war sessions, and my final proof that this game is great, I have played numerous sessions where I lose but still leave the session feeling like I had a great experience, its always a close run thing and the joy of playing the game and feeling part of the team is second to none.
    RoboJeebus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By RoboJeebus

I picked up Brink last week, and I have not put it down, I totally understand the criticism and I have experienced the lag, however when you get into a lag free session (not as hard as some make out) and if you can round up some human squad mates and opponents (again not as hard a some make out) this game is highly addictive.

the specific itch this scratches is the feeling it gives that I am key to the team, I play a medic and my wingman usually rocks an engineer class, I have played the other classes as well, but when you have a team of people who are all playing to the current objective it just works so well, it's also amazing how quickly you can get flipped if someone isn't holding up their end of the deal, so for example the other night we had an engineer in with us who was great at laying mines and turrets, he backed out and the rounds after that were noticeably missing his influence, we adapt and re think our tactics and we managed to pull it round but one less guy doing his part really made you feel the extra burden.

the versus mode is great too, I have had some really close tug of war sessions, and my final proof that this game is great, I have played numerous sessions where I lose but still leave the session feeling like I had a great experience, its always a close run thing and the joy of playing the game and feeling part of the team is second to none.
    eezo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By eezo

Here's the deal, i really want to like the game.. but experience tells me that playing "Public" (as we used to call it back in the Counter Strike days) you can't really depend on anyone.
    That being said, i completely understand that the game is frickin awesome once it does what it's intended to do, aka. have good teamplay. I might pick it up when it drops in price,
    i have the feeling it's not really worth 49.99 Euro on steam.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @eezo said:
    Here's the deal, i really want to like the game.. but experience tells me that playing "Public" (as we used to call it back in the Counter Strike days) you can't really depend on anyone.That being said, i completely understand that the game is frickin awesome once it does what it's intended to do, aka. have good teamplay. I might pick it up when it drops in price,i have the feeling it's not really worth 49.99 Euro on steam.
    This game really does reward you for playing with others. You get more points for killing with others around LOTS of points for buffing each other. Healing gets lots of points as well. 
    eezo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By eezo
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    @eezo said:
    Here's the deal, i really want to like the game.. but experience tells me that playing "Public" (as we used to call it back in the Counter Strike days) you can't really depend on anyone.That being said, i completely understand that the game is frickin awesome once it does what it's intended to do, aka. have good teamplay. I might pick it up when it drops in price,i have the feeling it's not really worth 49.99 Euro on steam.
    This game really does reward you for playing with others. You get more points for killing with others around LOTS of points for buffing each other. Healing gets lots of points as well. 
    Yeah i know, tried the game. I guess i just have the feeling there's to little to it? Like not enough customizing etc. also imo it's kind of dumb that you have to do challenges to unlock gear.. especially the objective thingy.
    RoboJeebus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RoboJeebus

Hey, the challenges for gear thing makes sense, most stuff you can unlock through standard progression, but the challenge award stuff is a perk for anyone who is able to overcome them, all I can suggest on the challenges is try going medium body type, move, move and move some more, and keep your weapons as high rate of fire damage dealers, 2 stars is very doable with a little perseverance :) and when you get to the operative bit bide your time until you get them all under the stair case and grenades and plenty of fire should clear you enough of a space, get the hack box on, and then run round to the command point and hide, you are just through the wall from the point then and you have good cover, and you can always ditch the hack pull out your gun and start blasting if anyone finds you, then rinse and repeat.

Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Mars_Cleric

They want AUD$80+ so I won't be getting it.
    RoboJeebus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RoboJeebus

ouch yeah well that's steep, I picked it up for £34gbp from Amazon and having played it for probably 16+ hrs already I am still itching to play more so I am happy with the price, and with FREE dlc coming in June it's gravy

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.