Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Brink

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 10, 2011

A multiplayer-focused, class-based first-person shooter running on id Tech 4, in which oppressive soldiers and anarchistic terrorists battle for the few remaining resources on a failed paradise known as the Ark.

Brink E3 News

ZoDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ZoDD

.. or rather .. lack there of. 

Is the absence of some serious Brink coverage on GB and all other content sites a sign for worry from the Splash Damage crew?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

No.  Bethesda has a booth set up there, and I'm sure they are showing the game off.  Coverage will exist, but it's not going to be this top billing craziness like everything else because it's been shown and known for a while now.

ZoDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ZoDD
    @jakob187 said:
    " No.  Bethesda has a booth set up there, and I'm sure they are showing the game off.  Coverage will exist, but it's not going to be this top billing craziness like everything else because it's been shown and known for a while now. "
    So where's the coverage?  Also, I think it's safe to say that over half of the stuff at E3 we have " been shown and known for a while".  

I have seen 1 IGN article that came out very recently on SD's progress on it, and they mentioned a Spring 2011 release date.  Pretty annoying there is no press release regarding that if it is true.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @ZoDD said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    " No.  Bethesda has a booth set up there, and I'm sure they are showing the game off.  Coverage will exist, but it's not going to be this top billing craziness like everything else because it's been shown and known for a while now. "
    So where's the coverage?  Also, I think it's safe to say that over half of the stuff at E3 we have " been shown and known for a while".    I have seen 1 IGN article that came out very recently on SD's progress on it, and they mentioned a Spring 2011 release date.  Pretty annoying there is no press release regarding that if it is true. "
    IGN did something last night. Showed some game play. Talked a bit about working toghter. But nothing THAT new 
    PolarBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By PolarBear

Yeah the release date is Spring 2011 they re-released the cinematic  trailr with the new release date at the end of it.. As for coverage all I saw was the IGN stuff and GameSpy stuff but that's part of IGN so it's proably very similar.

warder808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By warder808

The gamespy debriefing podcast didn't like it. I really like the idea behind the game and am looking forward to it. But I think it needs something better to attract people with all the good shooters that are currently out. 

I almost think they should pop the camera into 3rd person when you perform the acrobatic moves.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

The only real new news about it is that it got delayed again. Nothing new at all. 

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rmills87

Now I understand that they would delay it for development reasons, but it looks amazing already.  Why do they keep delaying it?  It was at first a Spring 2010 release and now it's pushed back a whole year.  I just don't want this game to turn into another Duke Nukem Forever thing...I am so interested in this game.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Apparently it looked a little lackluster at E3, i wouldn't know though so...

rezin8r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rezin8r

Well they've had developer diary videos coming out in the last couple of weeks. 

Looks pretty cool. Im really curious how the single/mulitplayer is meshed together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQp0rXOqLoY&feature=player_embedded

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.