Changes for Xbox and PSN configurations and first DLC free

#1 Edited by Protonguy (306 posts) -

There have been a number of changes to all 3 versions of the game.

* There will now be a total of 8 human players when matchmaking for campaign and most freeplay modes to improve reliability.
* 8v8 will still be supported by a 'Big Teams' configuration in freeplay and custom matches.
* There have also been a number of changes for the PC version (quite a few of which are also going to the 360 and psn versions) regarding AI tweakings and GPU fixes amongst other things.

There's definitely some good changes there. Hopefully the first of many.

Also the first DLC released is going to be free!

Check out the full story at:
http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/05/13/brink-updates-now-live-free-dlc/



EDIT: I've changed this post at the advise of another Giantbomb member so it's not quite so verbatim to the original article.

#2 Posted by CandiBunni (465 posts) -

I haven't played it, but that sounds pretty awesome. I feel a bit inclined to try it out now. 

#3 Posted by Redbullet685 (6067 posts) -

That is really cool of them. Im actually having a better time with the game than I expected when the reviews started coming out.

#4 Posted by Butano (1774 posts) -

Nice! I've been having issues with the PC version of not connecting to any servers, so hopefully that gets implemented in an update ASAP.

#5 Posted by zombie_bigdaddy (131 posts) -

may actually try this if they fix the lag issue.

#6 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Looks like they are gonna support their game. Wonder if this will bring more people. 

#7 Posted by MrCandleguy (822 posts) -

Thats great, fixing their game for the people who brought it and giving it free DLC. Your doing fine by me so far Splash damage.

#8 Posted by Getz (3140 posts) -

Free maps and a promise to fix the crippling lag? Restoring lost faith seems to be the order over at Splash Damage and it's working; for me anyway.


Also, to the OP: posting a link to a story and then just copy-pasting the entire article does not a thread make. Try contributing something next time, alright bruv?
#9 Posted by Protonguy (306 posts) -
@Getz said:
Free maps and a promise to fix the crippling lag? Restoring lost faith seems to be the order over at Splash Damage and it's working; for me anyway.

Also, to the OP: posting a link to a story and then just copy-pasting the entire article does not a thread make. Try contributing something next time, alright bruv?
I could of posted nothing at all and over 100 people wouldn't of found this news till later. Why am i going to rewrite something that already says exactly what the news is? I gave a reference and that's perfectly adequate. I'm not getting paid for this, i posted it purely because i thought people would find it interesting and i like this community.
#10 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

If they solve the lag in the game that would be awesome.... I already enjoy this game despite the annoying lag I sometimes run in to.

#11 Posted by Getz (3140 posts) -
@Protonguy said:
@Getz said:
Free maps and a promise to fix the crippling lag? Restoring lost faith seems to be the order over at Splash Damage and it's working; for me anyway.

Also, to the OP: posting a link to a story and then just copy-pasting the entire article does not a thread make. Try contributing something next time, alright bruv?
I could of posted nothing at all and over 100 people wouldn't of found this news till later. Why am i going to rewrite something that already says exactly what the news is? I gave a reference and that's perfectly adequate. I'm not getting paid for this, i posted it purely because i thought people would find it interesting and i like this community.
No yeah, I understand why you posted the news article, and people do it all the time. But this is dangerously close to spam and going against the forum rules. Simply linking to another site (that anyone who reads a news aggregate like Kotaku, TheEscapist, or IGN would probably have seen) just clogs up the forums. That's why you keep the quotes to a minimum, and add some input on your end. It ain't hard; just something like "hey, I'm really glad they're fixing the game, how about you guys?" Something to get the conversation going. And if you're expecting to get paid for common courtesy, then well, you're in the wrong place my friend.
#12 Posted by Protonguy (306 posts) -
@Resident4t said:
If they solve the lag in the game that would be awesome.... I already enjoy this game despite the annoying lag I sometimes run in to.
definitely. The games growing on me a lot but the lag in some sessions makes it downright unplayable.
#13 Edited by Jackel2072 (2278 posts) -

reading between the lines. all they did was scale back back the main game to 4v4 with bots and if you want to try your luck you can go back into 8v8 but your mileage may vary. I hope they are working on a proper patch that fixes the lag issues. good on them for free DLC sure, But. i have a feeling they would have done this even if there were no lag issues on the 360. the game is sitting at a 69 (360) on metacritic. now before you tell me scores dont matter. to publishers they do, and my guess is the game has not been selling well so this is an effort to keep the community they have from selling the game off. Look i really do like Brink i wouldn't be writting this if i didn't. it's just they did a piss poor job with the console versions of the game. 

#14 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

So is the AI fix part of the multiplayer update or is that another update? Because those bots are driving me mad

#15 Posted by MythDarK (555 posts) -

So if they release and fix stuff that reviewers sought missing, then their reviews are just nullified dust in space.
Been interested in this game since it first was announced, and I'm still in for it. Seeing that Splash Damage will support the game (not suprised at all btw) is a nice plus.

#16 Posted by Aquablak (198 posts) -

Just saw this on Joystiq.  Fantastic news, as this game is starting to grow on me.

#17 Posted by Jackel2072 (2278 posts) -

as of this morning i had only 1 game with bad lag. so here is hoping they are working shit out on there end! side note: i found a cool glitch. im still not quite sure how i did it. but i was able to use the mini gun with a light class. i will see later if i can replicate it.    
#18 Posted by caityful (46 posts) -

I'm excited for this new DLC. My fingers are crossed for a new range of moustaches.

#19 Posted by FuriousJodo (124 posts) -

Really nice to see that they are going to keep supporting it, if they can fix some of the issues with the game I could see it doing really well at a lower price point.  Seems like one of those games taht will improve greatly with dlc/etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.